Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: UT message board $#![ talk!

Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    *MAT has entered the chat*
    I’m waiting on MAT to drop the “Sark might be under “booze alert” when the Cajuns win”. I know it’s coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m waiting on MAT to drop the “Sark might be under “booze alert” when the Cajuns win”. I know it’s coming.
    Zoom, your predicting a win?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Zoom, your predicting a win?
    Yup. I’ve never went way out on the proverbial limb in all my years, but there’s a good chance to run the table.

I just feel the big mo’ carrying over from last year, the euphoric high of the OLOL deal and Napier can out coach Sark.

My only concern is players across all sports that are in their extra year...can they keep the fire going.

We win, mo’ will be hard to stop. We lose, we should have a mad football team. For Texas, it’s an absolute must win. Sark was crazy to take this job. I respect the demon he faces in his personal life...we all have at least one. A Cajun victory well could crack that door open in his life...Texas fans will want his head on a platter.

We we will be good. We will be deep. The other keys to winning, health and luck, we do not control.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They're pretty full of themselves aren't they....More experts there than you find out Tiggerpoops. "I watched the film" no dumbazz you watched a youtube playback...Experts all of them...reminds me of graffiti on the Grant Street bath wall..."here I sit buns aflexin, givn birth to another Texan"...With apologies to fellow RPers who could be native Texans.
    But are they wrong? They were right about the ISU game for the large part and we did win a lot of close games in conference. I mean, yes they do sound a bit foolish when someone suggests that because we don't have a DL over 300 pounds they should be able to ram the ball down our throats but not much of what I saw in that first page was completely inaccurate IMO. They are right though, we're going to have to be able to pass the ball and make plays through the air. We will need to establish the run but I think we will need to really make plays in the passing game to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. I’ve never went way out on the proverbial limb in all my years, but there’s a good chance to run the table.

I just feel the big mo’ carrying over from last year, the euphoric high of the OLOL deal and Napier can out coach Sark.

My only concern is players across all sports that are in their extra year...can they keep the fire going.

We win, mo’ will be hard to stop. We lose, we should have a mad football team. For Texas, it’s an absolute must win. Sark was crazy to take this job. I respect the demon he faces in his personal life...we all have at least one. A Cajun victory well could crack that door open in his life...Texas fans will want his head on a platter.

We we will be good. We will be deep. The other keys to winning, health and luck, we do not control.
    Why was Sark crazy to take one of the top jobs in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    *MAT has entered the chat*
    Before you know it, they'll be convinced that they've reached an agreement to hire Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    But are they wrong? They were right about the ISU game for the large part and we did win a lot of close games in conference. I mean, yes they do sound a bit foolish when someone suggests that because we don't have a DL over 300 pounds they should be able to ram the ball down our throats but not much of what I saw in that first page was completely inaccurate IMO. They are right though, we're going to have to be able to pass the ball and make plays through the air. We will need to establish the run but I think we will need to really make plays in the passing game to win.
    We have one really big one at 333, then 297,294,293...not that 300 pounds is some kind of benchmark to be good at football...but pretty odd they missed mountain man in the middle first of all and it’s not like we are small up front.

I think we have a good chance; but no mistakes. Error free and no lost yards.

Let's not fool ourselves, beating Texas will require the Cajuns best effort and they must eliminate mistakes and turnovers. However, I think the Cajuns and our phenomenal coaching staff are more than capable of getting up for the task!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We have one really big one at 333, then 297,294,293...not that 300 pounds is some kind of benchmark to be good at football...but pretty odd they missed mountain man in the middle first of all and it’s not like we are small up front.
    That is what I was thinking.

Hopefully Levi has practiced that bootleg to the left, touch pass to the RB/TE in the flat. Feel like it would be a cheat code against defenses if they had to watch out for that all game in addition to him just tucking the ball and running/sliding for first down after first down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Hopefully Levi has practiced that bootleg to the left, touch pass to the RB/TE in the flat. Feel like it would be a cheat code against defenses if they had to watch out for that all game in addition to him just tucking the ball and running/sliding for first down after first down.
    I hope so too. That was the first pass of the spring game and it was incomplete. We need Levi to practice his touch passes and his long passes. That long pass in the Iowa St. game was a killer. We need some of that in this Texas game.

13. Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

For me, it really is that simple. If Levi plays well, I think we win going away..

Obviously barring injury, large amount of turnovers and weather issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves, beating Texas will require the Cajuns best effort and they must eliminate mistakes and turnovers. However, I think the Cajuns and our phenomenal coaching staff are more than capable of getting up for the task!
    It is going to be loud and a hostile environment sell out. Going to take mistake free football. Levi will not be able to miss many wide open receivers as he did last year. We will have to capitalize on opportunities. We will have to be mistake free.
    Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It is going to be loud and a hostile environment sell out. Going to take mistake free football. Levi will not be able to miss many wide open receivers as he did last year. We will have to capitalize on opportunities. We will have to be mistake free.
    Geaux Cajuns.
    Exactly my thoughts, but I would add hot to the list, for both the players and fans. Of course, it will be hot for both teams, so don't know if that helps/hurts one team more than other.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information