Thread: Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

1. Track & Field Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

Freshman Maria Bienvenu capped off a "movie script" rookie season in the women's javelin as she finished 12th overall with a school-record throw and led the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Track and Field team during the second day of the 2021 NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Thursday at Hayward Field.

Default Re: Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

Congrats Maria!

Another LaTech transfer, right?

4. Default Re: Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

She came to UL straight from St Mary:
    https://natchitochesparishjournal.co...omment-page-1/

That’s a really big throw for a Freshman. She should continue to improve, hopefully becoming a 4 time all American.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That’s a really big throw for a Freshman. She should continue to improve, hopefully becoming a 4 time all American.
    I was watching some of the decathlon events and I don't know how you guys do/did it. Must be a very rounded athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I was watching some of the decathlon events and I don't know how you guys do/did it. Must be a very rounded athlete.
    Decathletes sacrifice excellence in their best events to achieve competence in their weak events.

8. Default Re: Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Decathletes sacrifice excellence in their best events to achieve competence in their weak events.
    One of the best was so rounded he is now a she.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    One of the best was so rounded he is now a she.
    That She will be a governor lol

10. Default Re: Bienvenu Sets School Record To Finish 12th at NCAA Championships

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That She will be a governor lol
    He was a hell of an athlete. She may be a hell of a governor.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He was a hell of an athlete. She may be a hell of a governor.
    Would probably be an improvement for California.

Thread Information