Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana Basketball Officially Adds Antwann Jones To 2021-22 Roster

Default Re: Louisiana Basketball Officially Adds Antwann Jones To 2021-22 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think this will be as much of an issue as my original post made it sound. Consider the portal is open until July 1 and we may see someone leave prior to then. As stated in another thread, don't be surprised if Dou Gueye has a European opportunity pop up prior to fall semester starting in August. Finally, an opportunity to redshirt both Joe Charles and Carter Domingue is available to the program. My understanding is both are open to that possibility. Those decisions don't have to be made until October or early November. The roster size issue will work itself out. Better that than the alternative.
    Agree with You, Mike. After the injuries last season it will be refreshing to have a deep bench.

Default Re: Louisiana Basketball Officially Adds Antwann Jones To 2021-22 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't think this will be as much of an issue as my original post made it sound. Consider the portal is open until July 1 and we may see someone leave prior to then. As stated in another thread, don't be surprised if Dou Gueye has a European opportunity pop up prior to fall semester starting in August. Finally, an opportunity to redshirt both Joe Charles and Carter Domingue is available to the program. My understanding is both are open to that possibility. Those decisions don't have to be made until October or early November. The roster size issue will work itself out. Better that than the alternative.
    Maybe he will redshirt Michael thomas. He needed to redshirt last year. Game was way too fast for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Maybe he will redshirt Michael thomas. He needed to redshirt last year. Game was way too fast for him.
    Redshirting Michael Thomas will probably not happen as he basically had a free redshirt last season due to 2020-21 not counting towards eligibility. I am not sure if he redshirted this season if if would save a year of eligibility.

Whether we recruit previously injured players or not, I think the main theme to many people here's hesitation is that our program just seems to have an excessive amount of injuries that derail us every year and give the staff built in excuses.

So the moral of the story is don’t let facts (injuries) get in the way of a narrative, from either side of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So the moral of the story is don’t let facts (injuries) get in the way of a narrative, from either side of the issue.
    Hopefully some good news on this front, we have a new strength and conditioning coach for men's basketball. I'm not blaming anyone, just maybe the change will help.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Basketball Officially Adds Antwann Jones To 2021-22 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Hopefully some good news on this front, we have a new strength and conditioning coach for men's basketball. I'm not blaming anyone, just maybe the change will help.
    I hope this guy keeps them loose, so Marlin can turn them loose.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We have had many over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We have had many over the last couple of years.
    We were without one last season however. Forget the name of the previous guy but he was the only one who could hold Coach Marlin from going after a referee after getting tossed in the 2020 season. Rarely have I seen any coach lose it to the degree Bob Marlin did that night. Moving on I believe the guy coming to us was on Chris Beard's staff before he left Texas Tech for Texas. Can't remember the name right now and I imagine he was not the lead guy in Lubbock. Also, a replacement for former assistant Coach Josten Crow should be announced soon as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information