Thread: Cedric Russell, Dou Gueye to Return to Ragin' Cajuns in 2021-22

1. UL Basketball Cedric Russell, Dou Gueye to Return to Ragin' Cajuns in 2021-22

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun senior guard Cedric Russell and forward Dou Gueye will utilize their extra year of eligibility and return to the team for the 2021-22 season.

2. Default Re: Cedric Russell, Dou Gueye to Return to Ragin' Cajuns in 2021-22

That will be one deep team.

Default Re: Cedric Russell, Dou Gueye to Return to Ragin' Cajuns in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That will be one deep team.
    ...yes, and probably the tallest by average too!

overall the tallest team UL has had maybe ever...deep too...

No excuses this year. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    No excuses this year. Period.
    Oh I’m sure there will be, we just don’t know which ones yet

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Oh I’m sure there will be, we just don’t know which ones yet
    i cant remembering laughing at something so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana Ragin' Cajun senior guard Cedric Russell and forward Dou Gueye will utilize their extra year of eligibility and return to the team for the 2021-22 season.

Note article says the two are expected to return. If either get a pro opportunity worthwhile between now and when the fall semester starts, they will likely move on. Keep in mind there will be more G league teams soon and that draft occurs after the NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Note article says the two are expected to return. If either get a pro opportunity worthwhile between now and when the fall semester starts, they will likely move on. Keep in mind there will be more G league teams soon and that draft occurs after the NBA draft.
    Neither of these guys are good enough for G League. No disrespect to them, I think Cedric can for sure play overseas.

10. Default Re: Cedric Russell, Dou Gueye to Return to Ragin' Cajuns in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Neither of these guys are good enough for G League. No disrespect to them, I think Cedric can for sure play overseas.
    That was not his point, his point was that because of the extra spots in the G League it is going to open up spots that might normally go to guys overseas because more players are going to be in the G League this year. I thought that was stated pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Dou will have more overseas opportunities than Cedric simply due to size. In an interview with Tim Buckley which appeared in the Advertiser, Coach Marlin discussed their opportunities. My perception of his comments is that he would not be surprised if something in Europe popped up for Dou before the fall semester starts in August. Similar remarks made in an interview with Kevin Foote which will likely appear in tomorrow's Advocate. European ball is a higher level than many other parts of the world and probably pays more. Another year here for Cedric may land him a European opportunity eventually.

Thread Information