Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Get rid of UTA and UALR and invite Liberty and BYU.
    Latest I heard is that SBC presidents are opposed to letting Liberty into the league due to it being a private institution with many more financial resources than any league school can come close to matching. Short sighted view in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Latest I heard is that SBC presidents are opposed to letting Liberty into the league due to it being a private institution with many more financial resources than any league school can come close to matching. Short sighted view in my opinion.
    I don’t think it has anything to do with money but it’s a convenient excuse.

3. UL Football CFP proposal provides opportunity for small conference football teams

The College Football Playoff committee has always tossed a bone to Group of Five schools. A bid into a New Year's Six Bowl meant at least the top G5 team in the country could get significant bowl exposure. But CFP expansion talk means that bone is no longer a metatarsal, but a femur.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think Liberty will land in the AAC when the reshuffle happens. They already have 2 private universities plus Navy as deep pockets members. Liberty brings a big budget, something the rest of the G5 doesn’t want to fight.

Of course there’s an entry fee known. It’s the unknown that gets Liberty in.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The College Football Playoff committee has always tossed a bone to Group of Five schools. A bid into a New Year's Six Bowl meant at least the top G5 team in the country could get significant bowl exposure. But CFP expansion talk means that bone is no longer a metatarsal, but a femur.

The article above said under this format Cincinnati would have hosted Georgia in a playoff game. Can y'all imagine hosting a playoff game against Auburn or Oklahoma in a newly renovated Lourdes stadium. Ofc we're gonna have to run the table with a new coach but a few weeks ago this was impossible and now it's there in front of us if we execute things properly. Let's Geaux Guys. I'm fired up.

Need to pay closer attention the shell game being played. I saw on the SBC board a post referencing divisional play no longer being required. But you know greed won’t do away with conference championship games. So G5 needs to be wise going forward with the definition of a championship, since a regular season championship and a conference championship game winner would fit through the back door nicely for the P5

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information