Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

  1. Default ESPN 1420 College Football Playoff Considering Expanding from 4 to 12 Teams

    The College Football Playoff management committee will be meeting next week to decide on expanding to a 12-team playoff system.


  2. #17
    MDMullet8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    34

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Had we won the sun belt title game last year we would have been in the playoffs along with cincy. Oregon would have been left out


  3. #18

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    If this proposal gave each conference champion a shot at the brass ring, it would be great. But that won’t ever happen. This is just a way to make more money for the big schools and screw the smaller budget schools out of a piece of the pie.


  4. #19

    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    If this proposal gave each conference champion a shot at the brass ring, it would be great. But that won’t ever happen. This is just a way to make more money for the big schools and screw the smaller budget schools out of a piece of the pie.
    Unless we are in a P5 conference we will always have the cards stacked against us, but this is a step in the right direction and gives G5 a guaranteed shot. The only true fair solution would be all 10 conference champs in, and equal profit sharing between conferences from the playoff revenue, but that will NEVER happen because it threatens the P5 gawds.

  5. #20

    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    A playoff without all D1A/FBS conference champs is worthless.
    Been saying that for years. Do away with the bowl games and have a true playoff system. There are 10 Division 1 conferences. 12 teams playoff or even 16 team playoff would be great. So tired of 6-6 teams or worse making it to a bowl game. Bowl games have become participation trophies, like they give to the T-ball participants. Heck, why even keep score if everyone gets to participate.

    Every year would mean something and there would be a true national champion. Until this happens, IMO, there has NEVER been a national champ yet. Hand picked opinion teams have always been allowed to play for a championship, but none of those have EVER had to earn it.

    But just like I-49 extension through Lafayette, I will never see this happen in my life time.

  6. #21

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Unless we are in a P5 conference we will always have the cards stacked against us, but this is a step in the right direction and gives G5 a guaranteed shot. The only true fair solution would be all 10 conference champs in, and equal profit sharing between conferences from the playoff revenue, but that will NEVER happen because it threatens the P5 gawds.
    They’ll never let all FBS conference champs have a seat at the table. This is about as good as we could have reasonably expected. It gives the finger to ND, ensures at least 1 G5 conference a playoff seat, allows higher ranked G5 non conference champions an opportunity for at-large selection, protects the regular season and gives schools opportunity to make big money with on campus playoff games. It also allows players to stay closer to home and good coaches (like the one we have now) to assemble and maintain coaching winning programs at non traditional football powers (G5).

    This is a big deal. It’s a huge deal. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.

  7. #22

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    RCFB - Okay, so now that we fixed the playoff next order of business is teams 13-24 in the NIT. All games at the Kibbie Dome.


  8. #23
    Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    It's a step in the right direction for sure. But if they are going from 4 teams to 12 teams, I'd like to see at least 2 G5 teams get in.


  9. #24
    MDMullet8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    34

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It's a step in the right direction for sure. But if they are going from 4 teams to 12 teams, I'd like to see at least 2 G5 teams get in.
    2 G5 teams would have gotten in last year. Oregon would have gotten left out. This is about as good as it’s gonna get for us

  10. #25

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It's a step in the right direction for sure. But if they are going from 4 teams to 12 teams, I'd like to see at least 2 G5 teams get in.
    Unless Notre Dame is playing in the ACC again this season, they should be required to play in a conference. They should no longer allow them to qualify as an Independent. That could be your spot for another G5 team to get in.

  11. #26

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Unless Notre Dame is playing in the ACC again this season, they should be required to play in a conference. They should no longer allow them to qualify as an Independent. That could be your spot for another G5 team to get in.
    They can only get in as an At large. Same with liberty and BYU

  12. #27

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They can only get in as an At large. Same with liberty and BYU
    At large's are Independents. Liberty, BYU and Notre Dame do not play in conferences for Football. They should be required to do so if they want to be part of the NCAA FBS Playoffs. This would allow opportunity for another G5 program to qualify if they are ranked high enough.

  13. #28

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    At large's are Independents. Liberty, BYU and Notre Dame do not play in conferences for Football. They should be required to do so if they want to be part of the NCAA FBS Playoffs. This would allow opportunity for another G5 program to qualify if they are ranked high enough.
    There is no limits to how many from each conference can make it into the at large slot. So Even if ND joins the ACC and loses to Clemons they are likely to still make the group of 12 year after year.

  14. #29

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    There is no limits to how many from each conference can make it into the at large slot. So Even if ND joins the ACC and loses to Clemons they are likely to still make the group of 12 year after year.
    I understand that, just don't think either of the 3 should get a special opportunity outside of playing in a conference. JMO

  15. #30

    Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand that, just don't think either of the 3 should get a special opportunity outside of playing in a conference. JMO
    I do as well but they probably won't. Liberty and BYU will have to If they want to stay relevant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 7 guests)

  1. GeauxCajuns,
  2. BabbForHeisman,
  3. MetryCajun,
  4. billbeck451

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 17th, 2020, 01:25 pm
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 11th, 2019, 07:35 pm
  3. The college football playoff
    By mxpxfr690 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 5th, 2019, 01:56 pm
  4. College Football Playoff...
    By CajunNation in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 5th, 2016, 02:06 pm
  5. How could the college football playoff change next year?
    By NewsCopy in forum Post Season and Bowls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 13th, 2015, 04:30 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •