Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 WCWS

Default Re: 2021 WCWS

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I have seen her play a lot. These catchers are next level.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying these catchers as in every catcher in the wcws. Piskos is younger than these catchers and in hs and tb she split time between 3rd and catcher. Can she get better? Sure but she isn't bad.

Looks like ucla has taken control of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying these catchers as in every catcher in the wcws. Piskos is younger than these catchers and in hs and tb she split time between 3rd and catcher. Can she get better? Sure but she isn't bad.
    Didn’t say she was bad. She just isn’t at this level, yet. She is young and inexperienced. Love her bulldog mentality, think you also need that in a great catcher.

I have seen her play a lot. These catchers are next level.
    Not sure why you took a discussion about the World Series to take a shot at Piskos.

I can pretty much bet the catchers you're seeing play today were not as good when they were freshman as Piskos was.

Didn’t say she was bad. She just isn’t at this level, yet. She is young and inexperienced. Love her bulldog mentality, think you also need that in a great catcher.
    I didn't say you said was bad. I was telling you my opinion of her is that she isn't bad for her limited time behind the plate. Your saying not at this level yet, but only the ucla catcher has impressed me. The others don't look to me like they are heads and shoulders above Piskos. Yes to the bulldog mentality. At the end of the day it probably doesn't matter as she may be moved anyway for the 2022 season. A lot can happen between now and first pitch but she is strongly being considered to make the move to 3rd.

Two huge games tomorrow

Interesting that y'all were able to pick up on the fact that the UCLA catcher was good because I don't think Mendoza mentioned it AT ALL. Shelnutt is also great behind the dish for FSU, Coach Alameda talks a lot about how much she appreciates her back there. Our 2 LA products Hemphill & Naomi had great games today! Bama looked sharp tonight & I hope they're able to win it all. Tomorrow should be another great day of quality competition

Don’t know if you heard, but Tom Brady’s niece plays for UCLA. It might’ve been mentioned a few 100 times. At least she is a very good player, so all the attention isn’t unwarranted.

So, watching these games, Cajuns definitely need Piskos to develop into a catcher that frames it really well. That is one area that seems all these WCWS teams are solid.
    Tommy may not have been the best athlete amongst his siblings; hearing about them growing up, he was "the Brady girls little brother".

Who do you guys have tonight?

JMU or OK St?
    Alabama or UCLA?

10. Default Re: 2021 WCWS

Ok St and Alabama

JMU and Bama

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who do you guys have tonight?

JMU or OK St?
    Alabama or UCLA?
    Depends on who's pitching. Once it's announced, I can tell you who I think will win. At this point, it's all about pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    JMU and Bama
    Thats who I think will win.

JMU is looking good at the half way point of the game.

Odicci Alexander is a fricken warrior! JMU is playing loose and they are dangerous!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information