Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JMU SB

UL Softball JMU SB

Congrats to JMU softball for advancing to the WCWS. It is always good to see a mid major team eliminate an Sec team. Hopefully we gets these guys on the schedule soon.

Default Re: JMU SB

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Congrats to JMU softball for advancing to the WCWS. It is always good to see a mid major team eliminate an Sec team. Hopefully we gets these guys on the schedule soon.
    Cajuns need to wait another year before scheduling James Madison. Laporte is still playing with Mickey Dean recruits. If they have national success again next year, that should be an indication she can recruit well enough to stay relevant enough to schedule.

3. Default Re: JMU SB

That would be a great match up! Hoping next year's schedule is loaded with tough teams so that we can prove ourselves. I also hope the sunbelt keeps getting better as we've seen this year. Maybe a three game series with a PAC 12?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Cajuns need to wait another year before scheduling James Madison. Laporte is still playing with Mickey Dean recruits. If they have national success again next year, that should be an indication she can recruit well enough to stay relevant enough to schedule.
    The Cajuns aren't scared to play any team and Dean is on the hot seat at Auburn.

We need be, we will play anyone, anywhere, any time.

6. Default Re: JMU SB

The Cajuns aren't scared to play any team and Dean is on the hot seat at Auburn.
    What litsh is saying is just the opposite. If, and only if JMU remains relevant with this new coach should we schedule them. He said not a thing about being scared.

Everyone knows however that JMV has to bully.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We need be, we will play anyone, anywhere, any time.
    You got it JMU has been relevant for a while and would be a great opponent. Loren has been a coach with the program for 9 years and the head coach for almost 4 years. These girls are her recruits also. We aint scared.

UL Baseball Re: JMU SB

It's not a matter of being scared to play someone. The James Madison team you are seeing in the World Series this season is a team recruited almost entirely by Mickey Dean. This is their fourth season without him so next year's team will be Loren Laporte recruits. If they continue to schedule ACC, SEC and Big 10 teams, like they normally do, and have success against them, then they will stay relevant in the national scene. If they have little to no success against them, I have no desire to play someone 1,000 miles away that will have 30-35 wins against teams with .500 or losing records.

As far as Dean at Auburn is concerned, yeah, he may be on the hot seat soon if he isn't already. He was going to be given time to change the Myers culture there and Covid will likely give him another pass, but they are not going to be patient with him too much longer.

It's not a matter of being scared to play someone. The James Madison team you are seeing in the World Series this season is a team recruited almost entirely by Mickey Dean. This is their fourth season without him so next year's team will be Loren Laporte recruits. If they continue to schedule ACC, SEC and Big 10 teams, like they normally do, and have success against them, then they will stay relevant in the national scene. If they have little to no success against them, I have no desire to play someone 1,000 miles away that will have 30-35 wins against teams with .500 or losing records.

As far as Dean at Auburn is concerned, yeah, he may be on the hot seat soon if he isn't already. He was going to be given time to change the Myers culture there and Covid will likely give him another pass, but they are not going to be patient with him too much longer.
    They are only losing 3 kids. They will stay relevant. If the Cajuns go there then they would come here so the travel isn't an issue. Check your pm

10. Default Re: JMU SB

They are only losing 3 kids. They will stay relevant. If the Cajuns go there then they would come here so the travel isn't an issue. Check your pm
    The old PM when others are licking your chops in a thread.

They do lose Alexander for next year who I don't imagine would be easily replaceable.

I'm not seeing that they have a suitable replacement for Odicci Alexander. I'm willing to wait a year to find out if they can maintain their success without her.

I'm not seeing that they have a suitable replacement for Odicci Alexander. I'm willing to wait a year to find out if they can maintain their success without her.
    What if the Cajuns can't maintain there success? What if JMU has a great year again and then a down year when you want to play them? It is always a risk/reward when scheduling. I doubt JMU just falls off the face of the softball world. Coach Glasco has teamed up with Brian to build a schedule with teams who have been relevant, not teams who might not be relevant. When you schedule out teams you do it based on previous history. In baseball and softball we have scheduled teams that we figured would be strong rpi games only to see the teams we scheduled have a bad year. Smart scheduling would entail playing teams close in the area and catching JMU on the back end. Kind of like how we did with Campbell a few years ago. The same can be done when JMU is in the south they can piggy back some games with us. Most big schools are scared to play the Cajuns and Coach Glasco has proven time and time again the Cajuns will go and meet any team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    They do lose Alexander for next year who I don't imagine would be easily replaceable.
    They will still have some fire power and who knows who they may pick up in the portal. She is a stud 2 way player. I hope they have a good showing in the WCWS.

15. Default Re: JMU SB

What if the Cajuns can't maintain there success? What if JMU has a great year again and then a down year when you want to play them? It is always a risk/reward when scheduling. I doubt JMU just falls off the face of the softball world. Coach Glasco has teamed up with Brian to build a schedule with teams who have been relevant, not teams who might not be relevant. When you schedule out teams you do it based on previous history. In baseball and softball we have scheduled teams that we figured would be strong rpi games only to see the teams we scheduled have a bad year.
    There should be teams closer than 1000 miles that you take risks on. You are acting like travel plays no role in scheduling. If you are scheduling a team 1000 miles away, it better be a pretty sure thing RPI wise. I know Brian is smart enough to know this and I am very glad that Coach buzzed his number rather than yours for advice on scheduling.

Also, I hope Coach never consults you on issues of RS either. He needs to keep you on this board and as far away from the coaches and players as possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information