Thread: Matt Deggs frustrated after 11-inning loss

1. UL Baseball Matt Deggs frustrated after 11-inning loss

Two outs, you’ve got Bobby running right there," Deggs explains the scenario from the third-base coaching box. "I think Rocco is going to beat it. Obviously, you don’t know that they’re going to throw it over and bang it off his glove. The last thing you want to do is be safe there and get hosed at the plate by 10 feet. But he winds up dropping the ball. It’s a gamble. It’s a risk. But I thought we were going to beat it and they were going to execute at the plate.

Default Re: Matt Deggs frustrated after 11-inning loss

This explanation just don't cut it coach. You have two outs, you should have had Lada running second to home, hoping for an ERROR. A good throw at first, game over. An error tied game. If you couldn't see that, my expectations of you coaching third is not very high.

3. Default Re: Matt Deggs frustrated after 11-inning loss

How many times did Robe bunt with a runner on second and score that runner? Many. It’s the same analysis with a runner on second, two outs down 1 and a ground ball where the pitcher is moving to cover first base. There should be no question about this especially in a game where we had only 4 hits in the whole game. This is not real difficult, unless . . . U JMV

Thread Information