Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Deggs explained why he didn't send Lada.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    WHY?
    He would have been out at the plate by 10 plus feet.

3. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

A Glasco coached team would have scored on that play. Just say’in.

He would have been out at the plate by 10 plus feet. 90ft bases makes it a big risk, with 60ft bases in softball he would have made it. But it wasn't a softball game.
    Look there was two outs. If no error at first on the throw, GAME OVER. Why in the damn hell hold the runner at third in that situation. If, like some are saying, Lada wasn't at full speed from second, that's on coach. I will check the replay.

5. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Look there was two outs. If no error at first on the throw, GAME OVER. Why in the damn hell hold the runner at third in that situation. If, like some are saying, Lada wasn't at full speed from second, that's on coach.
    Anyone watching the game saw the replay. Lada had made the turn and was well down the line when the ball went off the first baseman’s glove. Coaches are human and make mistakes. I’m with you Frenchie, in this instance if the coach actually held him to hold, it cost us the game. Oh well.

Look there was two outs. If no error at first on the throw, GAME OVER. Why in the damn hell hold the runner at third in that situation. If, like some are saying, Lada wasn't at full speed from second, that's on coach. I will check the replay.
    The magic word is IF. There was an error and no out was made so the inning was still alive. If Lada wasn't at full speed with 2 outs that is on him not the coach. How could Deggs have made him run faster?

7. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

The magic word is IF. There was an error and no out was made so the inning was still alive. If Lada wasn't at full speed with 2 outs that is on him not the coach. How could Deggs have made him run faster?
    He was running plenty fast enough. See posts 214 and 216.

"How could Deggs have made him run faster"? I think you know that answer. Just checked the replay, Lada was 12+ feet pass third when the scramble for the ball at first. The pitcher got the ball on his knees who would have had to make the throw from his knees, and at that point Lada would have been at home. Check the replay. And again, Deggs job was Lada at second, not first base, which he was looking at.

The announcers expected Lada to keep going.

PBP Guy: "If you don't run and he's out at first, the game is over. What have you got to lose by running?"

Color guy: "Plus, to get the runner at home you need a LH pitcher to throw a strike from 100 feet, from his knees." If he makes the play, tip your cap.

If you are tied, maybe you place it safe. Two outs, down a run, I think you have to go. the chances of Brandon getting a base hit in that situation are maybe 1 in 10.

10. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The announcers expected Lada to keep going.

PBP Guy: "If you don't run and he's out at first, the game is over. What have you got to lose by not running?"

Color guy: "Plus, to get the runner at home you need a LH pitcher to throw a strike from 100 feet, from his knees." If he makes the play, tip your cap.

If you are tied, maybe you place it safe. Two outs, down a run, I think you have to go.
    That is exactly what I saw, what you saw, what the announcers saw and what Frenchie saw. That is a lot of people that saw the same thing, but ole JMV will beat that horse to death because he is one of the few Cajun fans that #knowitall.

Gotta send Lada there.no excuse with two outs. They send Bobby and GS attempts to throw him out you now move Racco to 2nd and possibly more with a bad throw to the plate.

This is how Deggs saw it:

Two outs, you’ve got Bobby running right there," Deggs explains the scenario from the third-base coaching box. "I think Rocco is going to beat it. Obviously, you don’t know that they’re going to throw it over and bang it off his glove. The last thing you want to do is be safe there and get hosed at the plate by 10 feet. But he winds up dropping the ball. It’s a gamble. It’s a risk. But I thought we were going to beat it and they were going to execute at the plate.

"Once they did bobble it, it didn’t kick away far enough."

Attachment 15883

Blocked by his own 1B and on his knees, the GS pitcher has no play here. I think I know what Rocco is telling Lada.

This is how Deggs saw it:

Two outs, you’ve got Bobby running right there," Deggs explains the scenario from the third-base coaching box. "I think Rocco is going to beat it. Obviously, you don’t know that they’re going to throw it over and bang it off his glove. The last thing you want to do is be safe there and get hosed at the plate by 10 feet. But he winds up dropping the ball. It’s a gamble. It’s a risk. But I thought we were going to beat it and they were going to execute at the plate.

"Once they did bobble it, it didn’t kick away far enough."
    I guess Deggs liked his chances with the next batter.

15. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I guess Deggs liked his chances with the next batter.
    We had 4 hits in the whole game at that point - let’s wait on the next hitter to win it. 1 shot at it.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread Information