Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    What a great game in Cajun Baseball history! Robe recognized that his lineup could not hit Alabama’s Friday night arm so he improvised and it paid off.
    That same Alabama Friday Night arm from that game pitched a no-hitter for the Detroit Tigers against the Mariners a little over a week ago.

A decent 60 yard dash (180 feet) is under 7 seconds. From contact to the pitcher picking up the ball on his knees was roughly 7 seconds. If Lada is taking an aggressive secondary lead and is backed out with 2 outs, he should have been at least half way to home by the time the ball was picked up. In a pressure situation, the pitcher is either throwing from his knees and will be inaccurate 99% of the time or will take another second or two to stand up and throw at maybe 50% accuracy. With the pitcher spot on deck and a pinch hitter coming off the bench cold, you have to send him. With 2 outs and a team that had more strikeouts than hits this year, you aren't waiting around for a hit from a guy that you didn't think should be in your lineup for the biggest game of the year. My honest thought? Deggs didn't think he had to explain that to Lada and then blames himself for it. And in the situation of Rocco straight beating it out, Deggs could have been halfway down the line and thrown up the stop sign. They would not have thrown behind for the same accuracy reasons. Neither Deggs or Lada seemed ready for that situation and that is where the microcosm of the season comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    That is not the scenario Vic was responding to or that I was, for that matter.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    A decent 60 yard dash (180 feet) is under 7 seconds. From contact to the pitcher picking up the ball on his knees was roughly 7 seconds. If Lada is taking an aggressive secondary lead and is backed out with 2 outs, he should have been at least half way to home by the time the ball was picked up. In a pressure situation, the pitcher is either throwing from his knees and will be inaccurate 99% of the time or will take another second or two to stand up and throw at maybe 50% accuracy. With the pitcher spot on deck and a pinch hitter coming off the bench cold, you have to send him. With 2 outs and a team that had more strikeouts than hits this year, you aren't waiting around for a hit from a guy that you didn't think should be in your lineup for the biggest game of the year. My honest thought? Deggs didn't think he had to explain that to Lada and then blames himself for it. And in the situation of Rocco straight beating it out, Deggs could have been halfway down the line and thrown up the stop sign. They would not have thrown behind for the same accuracy reasons. Neither Deggs or Lada seemed ready for that situation and that is where the microcosm of the season comes in.
    Agreed. I don't see how that play gets made, even with a half-second's hesitation to assess the risk. As said, it was emblematic of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe that game we actually shut Alabama out. Compton laid down the bunt and Conrad and Wilson scored. Alabama didn't know what hit them. I believe Turnbull was there friday night arm and we may have got 3 or so hits that whole game. We won 58 games that year. That 2014 squad was better than the 2000 cws squad. That season and the 2015 season still stings. Good times for sure. Hopefully we will get back to those times.
    I was there next to our dugout. Wilson walked. Conrad reach on the sac bunt that Turnbull fumbled. Compton sac bunts to Turnbull, Wilson and Conrad score. Turnbull had no idea what happened. He had the most puzzled look on his face like like somebody stole his cookie while he was eating it without him seeing who did it. He left the game without throwing another pitch.

We won 2-0 with Austin throwing a CG shutout.

6. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I was there next to our dugout. Wilson walked. Conrad reach on the sac bunt that Turnbull fumbled. Compton sac bunts to Turnbull, Wilson and Conrad score. Turnbull had no idea what happened. He had the most puzzled look on his face like like somebody stole his cookie while he was eating it without him seeing who did it. He left the game without throwing another pitch.
    The stadium was electric.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The stadium was electric.
    The whole season till the last game. I think we get back to that at some point in time.

8. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

The whole season till the last game. I think we get back to that at some point in time.
    Bianca used lots of clips from that super regional in his recruiting videos.

The Regional and Super Regional weekends back in 2014 was probably the most fun I’ve had as a UL baseball fan. Plus, the Tigue was lit. I was much younger when we went to Omaha, so I wasn’t as “invested.” But between the excitement of being a National seed and the hype around the community, it still stings remembering that final out of the super regional.

I’m not sure how far or close we are to getting back there, but just imagine the atmosphere at The Tigue now with a larger capacity.

We won 2-0 with Austin throwing a CG shutout.
    Now the guy has thrown a no-no in the bigs!

Bianca used lots of clips from that super regional in his recruiting videos.
    The 2014 Ole Miss Super Regional is here from their point of view starting at 11:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think the crap that took place at 1st base caught everyone off guard and by the time Degg's, Lada and everyone else realized how screwed up things were at 1st, it was too late to go. Can't take anything for granted, but I also thought the game was over when the throw was initially thrown to 1st.
    For those who thought Deggs was right in having Lada hold at third. Not at this point in the game. Runner on second with two outs, The plan is run until you hit the wall behind home plate. Either the batter is out and game over, or in this case and error at first and game tied and still two outs with a runner at second. If that was planned you will never convince me that Lada would have been thrown out at home...

Robe used to run a play where he called a bunt with a man on second and if the play went to first, the runner from second continued through and scored. I think it worked virtually every time he tried it. With our production at the plate in this game, I’m pretty sure I would have sent Lada no matter what. If I’m coaching third and see the fiasco that happened I would 100% be sending Lada to tie that game.
    yes he did. The main difference is that the runner on 2nd was stealing third, which is a much greater advantage on the play.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The Regional and Super Regional weekends back in 2014 was probably the most fun I’ve had as a UL baseball fan. Plus, the Tigue was lit. I was much younger when we went to Omaha, so I wasn’t as “invested.” But between the excitement of being a National seed and the hype around the community, it still stings remembering that final out of the super regional.

I’m not sure how far or close we are to getting back there, but just imagine the atmosphere at The Tigue now with a larger capacity.
    I remember telling a friend that season "We need to enjoy this, because these are the good old days."

I got ya Frenchie. Regardless of who you want to put blame on in this situation, this is why you run hard with 2 outs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyPqFcbbM4

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information