Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I guess Deggs liked his chances with the next batter.
    Maybe he was waiting on a pass ball or wild pitch, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Attachment 15883

Blocked by his own 1B and on his knees, the GS pitcher has no play here. I think I know what Rocco is telling Lada.
    I wish Lada had gone, but am not positive he would have been safe. The angle of deflection made a difficult read from 3rd base.

The main reason for wanting him to go is due to our struggles at the plate on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I wish Lada had gone, but am not positive he would have been safe. The angle of deflection made a difficult read from 3rd base.

The main reason for wanting him to go is due to our struggles at the plate on the day.
    That is part of the reason he froze/hesitated. He cant run 78ft not in motion, before the guy would have thrown it 100ft. He made the correct choice to stay.

I think the crap that took place at 1st base caught everyone off guard and by the time Degg's, Lada and everyone else realized how screwed up things were at 1st, it was too late to go. Can't take anything for granted, but I also thought the game was over when the throw was initially thrown to 1st.

5. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Pitchers routinely have difficulty throwing a dart to FB from right in front of the mound. There is a real good chance a dart would not be thrown by the pitcher to HP from 100’ or so as was the case in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think the crap that took place at 1st base caught everyone off guard and by the time Degg's, Lada and everyone else realized how screwed up things were at 1st, it was too late to go. Can't take anything for granted, but I also thought the game was over when the throw was initially thrown to 1st.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Have a great Summer everyone.

8. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe he was waiting on a pass ball or wild pitch, lol.
    Or an asteroid disruption that only affected the pitchers view.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Or an asteroid disruption that only affected the pitchers view.
    True. Thanks for removing all the trolls junk messages.

10. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

True. Thanks for removing all the junk messages.
    You need to buy Turbine a big ole steak dinner because you and East were looking pretty bad here, especially you.

Hope you learned something from it.

Couldn't have said it any better.
    The point is Lada should have been running home no matter what happen at first. An error a run home. No error game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The point is Lada should have been running home no matter what happen at first. An error a run home. No error game over.
    Not if he was told to stop.

13. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Not if he was told to stop.
    How many times will this have to be spoon fed to you before you will understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Totally disagree with this. When the ball was hit, I could tell it was going to be a somewhat close play at 1B, especially with a LHP covering and falling off to 3B. If Lada doesn't stop running and Rocca beats it out on a clean play, Lada is out by 20-30 feet.

I still believe Lada should have run on the miscue, but running home blindly because it was two outs from 2nd base is not a smart play.

15. Default Re: BB Semifinal Final: Louisiana 2, Georgia Southern 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Totally disagree with this. When the ball was hit, I could tell it was going to be a somewhat close play at 1B, especially with a LHP covering and falling off to 3B. If Lada doesn't stop running and Rocca beats it out on a clean play, Lada is out by 20-30 feet.

I still believe Lada should have run on the miscue, but running home blindly because it was two outs from 2nd base is not a smart play.

Also remember, Robe successfully scored often on a play similar to this from second base on a bunt and in that instance, the first baseman or second baseman was fielding the throw at FB while looking towards home and failed to get the runner out at home. In this case, the pitcher is fielding the throw moving away from the plate in a race with the batter.
    Even if the pitcher successfully fields the ball covering first, if the runner beats it out, he then needs to realize he is not out of the inning, reverse course from running away from home, then also notice that the runner is attempting to score from second base at home and toss a dart from over 90 feet away to make a successful tag. That is a lot of things even a pitcher that fields the throw at first has to do to be successful. And in this instance, he did not field the ball and had to also chase it down before all of that happens. While this is a play that a pitcher should be familiar with, it is far from routine or the type of play that pitchers routinely practice in PFP.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information