Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116

Thread: Basketball Transfers

  1. #1

    Rep Power
    60

    UL Basketball Basketball Transfers

    Twitter posts this afternoon indicate Jalen Dalcourt of San Jose State and Jordan Brown of Arizona are transferring into the Cajuns basketball program. Jeff Goodman, who is a college basketball writer shared this news. Also said Cedric Russell will return for a fifth year. Dalcourt played at Lafayette High and is the brother of Corey Davis, star of the Final Four Houston Cougars. Brown of course is the son of Dion Brown, former outstanding rebounder for the Cajuns in the Bobby Paschal years. He was the Pac 12 sixth man of the year this past season at Arizona. He has already transferred before so the immediate eligibility may not apply here. I would think our appeal chances are good as his coach at Arizona was fired for recruiting issues. Both Dion and Coach Paschal encouraged Jordan to come here. Took three years to get this guy. Hopefully it was worth it.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    That would be huge for the Cajun basketball program.


  3. Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Hereditary recruiting has been UL basketball's biggest weakness.

    Glad to get Jordan Brown.


  4. #4

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Twitter posts this afternoon indicate Jalen Dalcourt of San Jose State and Jordan Brown of Arizona are transferring into the Cajuns basketball program. Jeff Goodman, who is a college basketball writer shared this news. Also said Cedric Russell will return for a fifth year. Dalcourt played at Lafayette High and is the brother of Corey Davis, star of the Final Four Houston Cougars. Brown of course is the son of Dion Brown, former outstanding rebounder for the Cajuns in the Bobby Paschal years. He was the Pac 12 sixth man of the year this past season at Arizona. He has already transferred before so the immediate eligibility may not apply here. I would think our appeal chances are good as his coach at Arizona was fired for recruiting issues. Both Dion and Coach Paschal encouraged Jordan to come here. Took three years to get this guy. Hopefully it was worth it.
    Ahh Tate Martell jr

  5. #5

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Thatís a massive get. Former 5 star in high school. Dad played here.

    Would make us the Sun Belt favorites if he gets the waiver to play next season.


  6. #6

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Hereditary recruiting has been UL basketball's biggest weakness.

    Glad to get Jordan Brown.
    We also have Kobe Julien, another legacy player. Hopefully his injury woes are behind him. At the basketball awards ceremony back in late April, he told someone that his knee has never felt better. Easy to forget about him as he has played in only 12 games in his three years here. Not legacy players, but both Greg Williams and Jalen Dalcourt are transferring here as they wanted to come home.

  7. #7

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    That would be huge for the Cajun basketball program.
    Both transfers are officially part of the program as of this afternoon. We do need to acquire the waiver on Brown. I think we have a great case due to the circumstances at Arizona these days.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Excellent news. I'm not sure how good Dalcourt is but we need backcourt help in a bad way. Helps to have Russell coming back but we need true PG play and wing guys. We are going to be deep on the front line. This may move Julien to the SF spot or at least to start games


  9. #9

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Excellent news. I'm not sure how good Dalcourt is but we need backcourt help in a bad way. Helps to have Russell coming back but we need true PG play and wing guys. We are going to be deep on the front line. This may move Julien to the SF spot or at least to start games
    I suspect Dalcourt will be asked to fill the role Butts played of providing quick scoring off the bench. I agree Julien will move to the 3 spot vs the 4. My predicted starting lineup is Russell, Williams, Julien, Brown, and Awkuba. This assumes Brown is eligible and Dou Gueye does not come back. I don't know what the status of Gueye potentially coming back is. I tend to think he won't return considering his age but I did not think Russell would return either so what do I know. By the way I saw a tweet from Kobe Julien to the effect it is will be good to have the band back together again. That occurred right when the Dalcourt news broke. Some take that to mean that Julien, Williams, and Dalcourt played AAU ball together at one point. I don't know if that is true but it would make sense.

  10. #10
    fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    If Marlin can't blow up the SBC with this sort of talent, he deserves to get canned...


  11. #11

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I suspect Dalcourt will be asked to fill the role Butts played of providing quick scoring off the bench. I agree Julien will move to the 3 spot vs the 4. My predicted starting lineup is Russell, Williams, Julien, Brown, and Awkuba. This assumes Brown is eligible and Dou Gueye does not come back. I don't know what the status of Gueye potentially coming back is. I tend to think he won't return considering his age but I did not think Russell would return either so what do I know. By the way I saw a tweet from Kobe Julien to the effect it is will be good to have the band back together again. That occurred right when the Dalcourt news broke. Some take that to mean that Julien, Williams, and Dalcourt played AAU ball together at one point. I don't know if that is true but it would make sense.
    That would be an impressive starting lineup. If Kobe Julien can stay healthy hopefully he reaches his potential as the young man has skills. With Brown and Awkuba in the lineup we would have some imposing size. You are right Cajunsmike, Dalcourt could provide scoring off the bench and needed depth at guard.

  12. #12

    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Hated to lose Wilson but if you look at it as a trade situation giving up Wilson, Butts, and Spenkuch for Williams, Brown, and Dalcourt we would clearly be the winners on paper at least.

    Any updates on Ty Harper? He has still never officially entered the portal even though many were speculating he would. Russell returning may be even more of an influence for him to move on playing time wise.


  13. Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Hated to lose Wilson but if you look at it as a trade situation giving up Wilson, Butts, and Spenkuch for Williams, Brown, and Dalcourt we would clearly be the winners on paper at least.
    Paradigm shift of view.

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Rainman66 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Also interesting that Brock Morris tweeted that we weren't done yet.


  15. #15

    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Basketball Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Hated to lose Wilson but if you look at it as a trade situation giving up Wilson, Butts, and Spenkuch for Williams, Brown, and Dalcourt we would clearly be the winners on paper at least.

    Any updates on Ty Harper? He has still never officially entered the portal even though many were speculating he would. Russell returning may be even more of an influence for him to move on playing time wise.
    Harper has been gone even though the Cajuns would still welcome him back.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 27th, 2017, 03:52 pm
  2. UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs
    By NewsCopy in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 25th, 2016, 09:38 pm
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2015, 08:57 am
  4. Potential Basketball Transfers (Nationwide)
    By RaginDave in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: July 24th, 2013, 08:59 pm
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 12th, 2011, 09:10 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •