Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Transfers

Default Re: Basketball Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I watched some video too and I agree with you. He does have nice touch around the basket but isn't an imposing physical presence. Bryce had that going for him, but he did struggle with long defensive players. He will start for us and that will help his further development. But, I don't see these transfers coming in and all of a sudden we are conference favorites.
    No idea who will be favorite in the conference. Some of the other schools in the league also lost players to the transfer portal. I would presume it will be Georgia State once again based upon history. Also, two of Georgia State's top players, (Corey Allen and Kane Williams) have decided to return for their 2nd senior year. Panthers will have another good season as they almost always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The player you describe sounds like someone who played here in the 80's under Coach Paschal, guy named Dion. That would be Jordan's Dad. That type player will definitely help us. I also think Jordan is a little better at finishing around the basket than Bryce was when going against quality bigs. Extra length probably helps there.
    That obviously makes a lot of sense. I am too young to have seen Dion play. I will certainly take a Bryce Washington with more length and better finishing skills.

I know that recruiting never stops, just noticed this from a few days ago. JUCO PG who would still have 4 years to play, only other D-1 offers as of now are Houston Baptist and Eastern Illinois. As stated earlier in the thread if anyone else is signed at this point it would mean that someone else would have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post

I know that recruiting never stops, just noticed this from a few days ago. JUCO PG who would still have 4 years to play, only other D-1 offers as of now are Houston Baptist and Eastern Illinois. As stated earlier in the thread if anyone else is signed at this point it would mean that someone else would have to move on.
    I heard they are on a PG. This may be the guy.

10 - Chris Robinson
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 165
    Year: Freshman
    Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
    High School: Putnam Science Academy
    Position: Guard

Well....he's got my vote! Hope he commits!!
    https://newenglandrecruitingreport.c...chris-robinson

Per the title of this tread, is there anyway we can get Marlon in the transfer portal....?

I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude about the new players. Coastal has players from St. John's, NMSU and Kansas State coming in; South Al has players from LSU, VMI, TCU and Memphis that I have seen on one of the portal reporting sites. They have to be as happy as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude about the new players. Coastal has players from St. John's, NMSU and Kansas State coming in; South Al has players from LSU, VMI, TCU and Memphis that I have seen on one of the portal reporting sites. They have to be as happy as we are.
    South AL has 4 SEC players coming in, 2 from Auburn, one from Texas A&M, and Manning from LSU. I think they have 7 transfers coming in total. They have rotated a ton of high level talent in under Riley, so far it hasn’t meshed enough for them to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    10 - Chris Robinson
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 165
    Year: Freshman
    Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
    High School: Putnam Science Academy
    Position: Guard
    If this guy signs with the Cajuns, it is possible Michael Thomas will be moving on. On the other hand, perhaps Trajan Wesley's health will prevent him from playing again. Just speculating, I have no knowledge of what the plan is here. I do know that if somebody new comes in, someone else has to leave as we are at the scholarship limit. This likely needs to get finalized soon as summer school starts on Monday and coaches do like players in town and in school during the summer. I wonder if Robinson knows Isaiah Richards as he too is from the New York City area.

Spent some time reviewing Robinson's JUCO stats in his one year at Hutchinson. Shooting percentages do not stand out other than free throws. In fact you could say he struggled with his shot as he was in the 30's overall and in the high 20's from three. However he had good numbers in assists, steals, and even rebounds. Assists to turnover ratio was very positive. You have to be careful when viewing highlight videos as those only show positive plays. However, he did show qood quickness on those. Makes me think he is a good defensive player as well as good ball handler. Defense may be the reason we are offering this guy.

My thoughts exactly, think this means either Wesley’s playing days are over or they are ready to move on from Thomas. Of course Harper or someone else could choose to leave on their own. Either Russell or Williams will probably start at the point and there is no need to have 4 point guards on the bench (Wesley, Thomas, Domingue, possibly Robinson), especially when Au has shown he can run the point as well.

From what I gathered looking at his Twitter it appears Hutchinson is going through a coaching change and maybe that is why Robinson has decided to throw his name into D-1 recruiting somewhat late after just one JUCO season. It appears that his academics are good so that is probably not why he went the JUCO route to begin with.

I’m all for the new guys coming, AS LONG AS, it doesn’t stunt the growth of Richards. Really believe he can be a very solid 4 year player that sneakily makes it into a top rebounding all time list. Top 10, and maybe top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If this guy signs with the Cajuns, it is possible Michael Thomas will be moving on. On the other hand, perhaps Trajan Wesley's health will prevent him from playing again. Just speculating, I have no knowledge of what the plan is here. I do know that if somebody new comes in, someone else has to leave as we are at the scholarship limit. This likely needs to get finalized soon as summer school starts on Monday and coaches do like players in town and in school during the summer. I wonder if Robinson knows Isaiah Richards as he too is from the New York City area.
    And if this kid commits, he'll be pushed out the door in a year's time as well in our ever revolving door to our program. I mean its come to that at this point. Replacing a high school guy we probably shouldn't have signed in the first place with a JUCO guard who's only offers are from Houston Baptist and Eastern Illinois?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    My thoughts exactly, think this means either Wesley’s playing days are over or they are ready to move on from Thomas. Of course Harper or someone else could choose to leave on their own. Either Russell or Williams will probably start at the point and there is no need to have 4 point guards on the bench (Wesley, Thomas, Domingue, possibly Robinson), especially when Au has shown he can run the point as well.

From what I gathered looking at his Twitter it appears Hutchinson is going through a coaching change and maybe that is why Robinson has decided to throw his name into D-1 recruiting somewhat late after just one JUCO season. It appears that his academics are good so that is probably not why he went the JUCO route to begin with.
    Wesley didn't want to play last year, I don't believe anything has changed on that front either.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information