Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 174

Thread: Portal Out

  1. #76

    Default Re: Portal Out

    He is from FCS is he not? Same division as mcneese and Nichols no? If we wanted him and he wanted us we could go get him regardless right? I doubt this staff brought him here just bc he graduated, I’m sure they think he can play here and contribute. Just like any other stud player we want playing at a school that “would be reaching down” P5’s aren’t the only ones who can “reach down”. It still all boils down to building a winning program that kids want to be a part of...like it always has been about. As long as there are roster limits it will all work out in the wash.


  2. #77

    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Portal Out

    UL baseball: Ben Fitzgerald is in the portal.


  3. #78

    Default Re: Portal Out

    First of many I believe, I’ve heard a few more names


  4. #79

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He is from FCS is he not? Same division as mcneese and Nichols no? If we wanted him and he wanted us we could go get him regardless right? I doubt this staff brought him here just bc he graduated, I’m sure they think he can play here and contribute. Just like any other stud player we want playing at a school that “would be reaching down” P5’s aren’t the only ones who can “reach down”. It still all boils down to building a winning program that kids want to be a part of...like it always has been about. As long as there are roster limits it will all work out in the wash.
    Again, you are being repetitive and argumentative for nothing. I didn't say we could not reach down for players in the FCS and that he can't help the program. Check the record, he was All-Conference 1st one year, that's hardly the same thing as being of the best in that conference over a two or three year period. It's not the same as taken the Top PG in MBB the last two years in MBB in the SBC, or the best DL, QB, etc. That is what P5 programs are doing to replace depth in their programs.

    Check out the list of transfers in MBB, you may see more leaving P5 programs but are they the best players? No! Now check out the number of players leaving G5 programs for P5 programs, and you will see some of the best players from those conferences leaving the lower level. That's my point, when it comes to quality, the P5 is getting better players to help their programs rather than players buried in the depth chart or leaving because of coaching changes. The same holds true for G5 Football Players transferring to P5.

    Thanks for the conversation.

  5. #80

    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Again, you are being repetitive and argumentative for nothing. I didn't say we could not reach down for players in the FCS and that he can't help the program. Check the record, he was All-Conference 1st one year, that's hardly the same thing as being of the best in that conference over a two or three year period. It's not the same as taken the Top PG in MBB the last two years in MBB in the SBC, or the best DL, QB, etc. That is what P5 programs are doing to replace depth in their programs.

    Check out the list of transfers in MBB, you may see more leaving P5 programs but are they the best players? No! Now check out the number of players leaving G5 programs for P5 programs, and you will see some of the best players from those conferences leaving the lower level. That's my point, when it comes to quality, the P5 is getting better players to help their programs rather than players buried in the depth chart or leaving because of coaching changes. The same holds true for G5 Football Players transferring to P5.

    Thanks for the conversation.
    I definitely agree with that. Generally, G5 will be picking from the middle to lower ranked players on P5 rosters while P5ís will be picking more from the top of the G5 rosters. Cream rises to the top and those at the top that probably donít belong will move to their more competitive level.
    CajunVic

  6. #81

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Again, you are being repetitive and argumentative for nothing. I didn't say we could not reach down for players in the FCS and that he can't help the program. Check the record, he was All-Conference 1st one year, that's hardly the same thing as being of the best in that conference over a two or three year period. It's not the same as taken the Top PG in MBB the last two years in MBB in the SBC, or the best DL, QB, etc. That is what P5 programs are doing to replace depth in their programs.

    Check out the list of transfers in MBB, you may see more leaving P5 programs but are they the best players? No! Now check out the number of players leaving G5 programs for P5 programs, and you will see some of the best players from those conferences leaving the lower level. That's my point, when it comes to quality, the P5 is getting better players to help their programs rather than players buried in the depth chart or leaving because of coaching changes. The same holds true for G5 Football Players transferring to P5.

    Thanks for the conversation.
    As usual anybody who disagrees with the almighty Cajun T is being argumentative. You now what you are right, let’s just ____ down the program..what’s even the point, now that the P5’s have this huge advantage...that they have never had before ��

  7. Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I donít think it changes recruiting all that much but it will change the way coaches handle players
    I have been saying this phrase for years "never stop recruiting."

    Proper handling is part of the never ending recruiting effort.

    jmo

  8. #83

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    As usual anybody who disagrees with the almighty Cajun T is being argumentative. You now what you are right, let’s just ____ down the program..what’s even the point, now that the P5’s have this huge advantage...that they have never had before ��
    Stop yapping and think for one minute. Do you actually believe the P5 would agree to any rules change that would not benefit them in the long run?

    Now I will stop with that question.

  9. #84

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    UL baseball: Ben Fitzgerald is in the portal.
    I see Ben Fitzgerald tweeting about Anthony Catalano leaving the program, but nothing about him. Are you sure it's not Kevin Fitzgerald this is leaving the program?

  10. #85

    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Ben’s hitting instructor mentioned as of today he’s in the portal.


  11. #86

    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Portal Out

    This link supports T's comments about P5's getting G5 players. Don't see any the other way.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-in-nba-draft/


  12. #87

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Stop yapping and think for one minute. Do you actually believe the P5 would agree to any rules change that would not benefit them in the long run?

    Now I will stop with that question.
    As opposed to any other rule that’s ever been passed? Adapt to it or get left behind, figure out a way to use it to our advantage

  13. #88

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    As opposed to any other rule that’s ever been passed? Adapt to it or get left behind, figure out a way to use it to our advantage
    When your a G5 you dont have advantages like P5.

  14. #89

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    This link supports T's comments about P5's getting G5 players. Don't see any the other way.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-in-nba-draft/
    Of course T was right. They will cherry pick players left and right.

  15. #90

    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    When your a G5 you dont have advantages like P5.
    you are
    CajunVic

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 19 guests)

  1. cajunbrian2004,
  2. crazycajun,
  3. Textitan,
  4. RedTails,
  5. J-Town Cajun,
  6. cajun1300,
  7. Dad04,
  8. dt68la

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer Portal
    By RaginDave in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 20th, 2019, 04:20 pm
  2. Transfer portal
    By MelRock in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2019, 06:15 pm
  3. Softball Portal
    By JMVCAJUNS in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2019, 05:59 am
  4. TRANSFER PORTAL
    By JMVCAJUNS in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 16th, 2019, 04:31 pm
  5. Transfer Portal 24/7
    By cajun_lannister in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2019, 04:24 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •