Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal Out

Default Re: Portal Out

He is from FCS is he not? Same division as mcneese and Nichols no? If we wanted him and he wanted us we could go get him regardless right? I doubt this staff brought him here just bc he graduated, I’m sure they think he can play here and contribute. Just like any other stud player we want playing at a school that “would be reaching down” P5’s aren’t the only ones who can “reach down”. It still all boils down to building a winning program that kids want to be a part of...like it always has been about. As long as there are roster limits it will all work out in the wash.

UL baseball: Ben Fitzgerald is in the portal.

First of many I believe, I’ve heard a few more names

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He is from FCS is he not? Same division as mcneese and Nichols no? If we wanted him and he wanted us we could go get him regardless right? I doubt this staff brought him here just bc he graduated, I’m sure they think he can play here and contribute. Just like any other stud player we want playing at a school that “would be reaching down” P5’s aren’t the only ones who can “reach down”. It still all boils down to building a winning program that kids want to be a part of...like it always has been about. As long as there are roster limits it will all work out in the wash.
    Again, you are being repetitive and argumentative for nothing. I didn't say we could not reach down for players in the FCS and that he can't help the program. Check the record, he was All-Conference 1st one year, that's hardly the same thing as being of the best in that conference over a two or three year period. It's not the same as taken the Top PG in MBB the last two years in MBB in the SBC, or the best DL, QB, etc. That is what P5 programs are doing to replace depth in their programs.

Check out the list of transfers in MBB, you may see more leaving P5 programs but are they the best players? No! Now check out the number of players leaving G5 programs for P5 programs, and you will see some of the best players from those conferences leaving the lower level. That's my point, when it comes to quality, the P5 is getting better players to help their programs rather than players buried in the depth chart or leaving because of coaching changes. The same holds true for G5 Football Players transferring to P5.

Thanks for the conversation.

5. Default Re: Portal Out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Again, you are being repetitive and argumentative for nothing. I didn't say we could not reach down for players in the FCS and that he can't help the program. Check the record, he was All-Conference 1st one year, that's hardly the same thing as being of the best in that conference over a two or three year period. It's not the same as taken the Top PG in MBB the last two years in MBB in the SBC, or the best DL, QB, etc. That is what P5 programs are doing to replace depth in their programs.

Check out the list of transfers in MBB, you may see more leaving P5 programs but are they the best players? No! Now check out the number of players leaving G5 programs for P5 programs, and you will see some of the best players from those conferences leaving the lower level. That's my point, when it comes to quality, the P5 is getting better players to help their programs rather than players buried in the depth chart or leaving because of coaching changes. The same holds true for G5 Football Players transferring to P5.

I definitely agree with that. Generally, G5 will be picking from the middle to lower ranked players on P5 rosters while P5’s will be picking more from the top of the G5 rosters. Cream rises to the top and those at the top that probably don’t belong will move to their more competitive level.

As usual anybody who disagrees with the almighty Cajun T is being argumentative. You now what you are right, let’s just ____ down the program..what’s even the point, now that the P5’s have this huge advantage...that they have never had before ��

7. Default Re: Portal Out

I don’t think it changes recruiting all that much but it will change the way coaches handle players
    I have been saying this phrase for years "never stop recruiting."

Proper handling is part of the never ending recruiting effort.

jmo

As usual anybody who disagrees with the almighty Cajun T is being argumentative. You now what you are right, let’s just ____ down the program..what’s even the point, now that the P5’s have this huge advantage...that they have never had before ��
    Stop yapping and think for one minute. Do you actually believe the P5 would agree to any rules change that would not benefit them in the long run?

Now I will stop with that question.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    UL baseball: Ben Fitzgerald is in the portal.
    I see Ben Fitzgerald tweeting about Anthony Catalano leaving the program, but nothing about him. Are you sure it's not Kevin Fitzgerald this is leaving the program?

Ben’s hitting instructor mentioned as of today he’s in the portal.

This link supports T's comments about P5's getting G5 players. Don't see any the other way.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-in-nba-draft/

Stop yapping and think for one minute. Do you actually believe the P5 would agree to any rules change that would not benefit them in the long run?

Now I will stop with that question.
    As opposed to any other rule that’s ever been passed? Adapt to it or get left behind, figure out a way to use it to our advantage

As opposed to any other rule that’s ever been passed? Adapt to it or get left behind, figure out a way to use it to our advantage
    When your a G5 you dont have advantages like P5.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    This link supports T's comments about P5's getting G5 players. Don't see any the other way.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-in-nba-draft/
    Of course T was right. They will cherry pick players left and right.

15. Default Re: Portal Out

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    When your a G5 you dont have advantages like P5.
    you are

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information