Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 188

Thread: Portal Out

  1. #61

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And what’s wrong with that? Can the players refuse to let their coach take another job? They have some real spiteful f’n azhole coaches out there, we had one here..why should a kids future depend on someone else releasing them?
    I'm not sure anyone is saying it is wrong, just that it exists.

    This is a going to be a whole new world of "recruiting" and it's going to take time to get used to, at least for me.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'm not sure anyone is saying it is wrong, just that it exists.

    This is a going to be a whole new world of "recruiting" and it's going to take time to get used to, at least for me.
    I don’t think it changes recruiting all that much but it will change the way coaches handle players

  3. #63

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And whats wrong with that? Can the players refuse to let their coach take another job? They have some real spiteful fn azhole coaches out there, we had one here..why should a kids future depend on someone else releasing them?
    Not a darn thing! Again, what's your argument about?

  4. #64

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not a darn thing! Again, what's your argument about?
    “790 people in the portal” means what exactly? I know there is a large portion of “sky is always falling” people in this world but it means what? When having such a small sample and nothing to compare to before it was tracked? 286 teams, 790 kids, less than 3 kids per school wanting to move. For every Marshall with 12 people leaving there are 4 schools with nobody leaving. the portal the portal the portal, it’s all people talk about. I think it’s silly is what I was saying because it’s always been this way the portal just is a list of what’s going on that you can read

  5. #65

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    “790 people in the portal” means what exactly? I know there is a large portion of “sky is always falling” people in this world but it means what? When having such a small sample and nothing to compare to before it was tracked? 286 teams, 790 kids, less than 3 kids per school wanting to move. For every Marshall with 12 people leaving there are 4 schools with nobody leaving. the portal the portal the portal, it’s all people talk about. I think it’s silly is what I was saying because it’s always been this way the portal just is a list of what’s going on that you can read
    Here is the one problem with the new transfer portal rule that I have today, and it's not the point you are trying to make. You are saying those players have always existed, my point is if someone wanted to recruit them behind the scenes, they still had to sit out one full season. So the risk/take ratio was much lower and there weren't as many transferring in in pure numbers for that reason.

    1) All of the transfers we have taken in football and MBB are players that left because of coaching changes, or because they are buried in the depth chart. In other words, we are not getting players that were All-Americans.

    2) What the P5 is now doing to replace young MBB players that are NBA draft eligible, or really good football players such as QB's is reach done in to the G5 programs and take some players to replace them. So P5 programs that weren't willing to offer them out of HS, are now taking athletes that have been developed at the G5 level and are some of the top athletes in their G5 conferences to fill holes in their rosters. That 's great for the athlete, but bad for a G5 program.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Here is the one problem with the new transfer portal rule that I have today, and it's not the point you are trying to make. You are saying those players have always existed, my point is if someone wanted to recruit them behind the scenes, they still had to sit out one full season. So the risk/take ratio was much lower and there weren't as many transferring in in pure numbers for that reason.

    1) All of the transfers we have taken in football and MBB are players that left because of coaching changes, or because they are buried in the depth chart. In other words, we are not getting players that were All-Americans.

    2) What the P5 is now doing to replace young MBB players that are NBA draft eligible, or really good football players such as QB's is reach done in to the G5 programs and take some players to replace them. So P5 programs that weren't willing to offer them out of HS, are now taking athletes that have been developed at the G5 level and are some of the top athletes in their G5 conferences to fill holes in their rosters. That 's great for the athlete, but bad for a G5 program.
    Like I said, it’s not the portal..it’s the not sitting out. The portal is just a database...that’s it. A list of people willing to make a move. We can also reach down and grab kids that we weren’t willing to offer out of high school. His name escapes me but the WR transfer we just got. It goes both ways, we took one of ULM’s best linemen. Maybe I mistaken but didn’t we take Texas states long snapper?

  7. #67

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Here is the one problem with the new transfer portal rule that I have today, and it's not the point you are trying to make. You are saying those players have always existed, my point is if someone wanted to recruit them behind the scenes, they still had to sit out one full season. So the risk/take ratio was much lower and there weren't as many transferring in in pure numbers for that reason.

    1) All of the transfers we have taken in football and MBB are players that left because of coaching changes, or because they are buried in the depth chart. In other words, we are not getting players that were All-Americans.

    2) What the P5 is now doing to replace young MBB players that are NBA draft eligible, or really good football players such as QB's is reach done in to the G5 programs and take some players to replace them. So P5 programs that weren't willing to offer them out of HS, are now taking athletes that have been developed at the G5 level and are some of the top athletes in their G5 conferences to fill holes in their rosters. That 's great for the athlete, but bad for a G5 program.
    We took one from our own conference do to a coaching change. We aren't reaching done and taken athletes from McNeese or Nichols. At least not under this staff, so no it's not happening here for the most part.

    And you are still ducking my point, athletes weren't transferring out in the numbers they are since the transfer rule changed because they had to sit out. So while athletes have always transferred out, it's a much larger number today. FACT!

  8. #68

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We took one from our own conference do to a coaching change. We aren't reaching done and taken athletes from McNeese or Nichols. At least not under this staff, so no it's not happening here for the most part.

    And you are still ducking my point, athletes weren't transferring out in the numbers they are since the transfer rule changed because they had to sit out. So while athletes have always transferred out, it's a much larger number today. FACT!
    Conference or not being 10-1 and ranked 15th taking a kid from a 0-10 football team is reaching down. What school was the Wr at? Mcneese and Nichols aren’t in our same division, p5 and g5 play in the same division..if we take anyone from the G5 not in the AAC it would be reaching down the same way a P5 taking a G5 player in that case. Michael Jefferson from FCS Alabama state is the kid I was thinking of.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Of course they are two separate things, but they work together in meeting compliance. So the two are interlinked as part of the process. You can not transfer without entering the transfer portal to begin the process. As a coach, you can not contact a athlete at another program legally until they are registered in the portal.

    There is nothing to be argumentative about it, one is required to do the other.
    T laying some serious knowledge right there!

  10. #70

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Unless the player is a special one, most coaches already follow this rule. Players are already being tampered with before entering the portal. Will be interesting how many players are left out with no scholarship after entering the portal. Is like quitting a job before having the next one lined up.

    Correct. If a kid enters the portal that means they don't want to be where there, regardless of the reasons.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Once your name is in the transfer portal it allows a program to officially contact you and not before. It's part of the guidelines to transfer, how are the two not related?

    They are related.

  12. #72

    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Correct. If a kid enters the portal that means they don't want to be where there at regardless of the reasons.
    there v they are
    CajunVic

  13. #73

    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Once your name is in the transfer portal it allows a program to officially contact you and not before. It's part of the guidelines to transfer, how are the two not related?
    They are two different things. The immediate eligibility rule could have happened without the portal. The portal could have happened without the immediate eligibility rule.

    Both together facilitate more transfers, however I believe the immediate eligibility is the dog and the portal is the tail.
    CajunVic

  14. #74

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Conference or not being 10-1 and ranked 15th taking a kid from a 0-10 football team is reaching down. What school was the Wr at? Mcneese and Nichols aren’t in our same division, p5 and g5 play in the same division..if we take anyone from the G5 not in the AAC it would be reaching down the same way a P5 taking a G5 player in that case. Michael Jefferson from FCS Alabama state is the kid I was thinking of.
    The WR has his degree, but two years of eligibility left. So he is technically a graduate student is he not?

  15. #75

    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Portal Out

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The WR has his degree, but two years of eligibility left. So he is technically a graduate student is he not?
    That is another rule which has nothing to do with the other two items.
    CajunVic

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 23 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 22 guests)

  1. Cajunmole

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer Portal
    By RaginDave in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 20th, 2019, 04:20 pm
  2. Transfer portal
    By MelRock in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2019, 06:15 pm
  3. Softball Portal
    By JMVCAJUNS in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2019, 05:59 am
  4. TRANSFER PORTAL
    By JMVCAJUNS in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 16th, 2019, 04:31 pm
  5. Transfer Portal 24/7
    By cajun_lannister in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2019, 04:24 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •