Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

I know. 4 teams in the top 30 rpi. But they aren’t normally a good conference. Cusa baseball season was kinda like sunbelt football season. Hopefully sunbelt football continues its climb and cusa baseball gets back behind the sunbelt where they belong.

And as good as the sunbelt has been in baseball in the past, I don’t ever remember the conference getting two host sites and 4 teams all 1-2 seeds. Pretty impressive or those teams success all helped each other’s success. After the top 4 cusa was bad.

UL Baseball Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Why would la tech be hosting?? RPI of 24 with no history or name recognition. Not in a baseball conference either.
    ODU #8
    LTU #19
    USM #23
    Charlotte #29

USA #58
    GASO #80
    CC #95
    LA #110

http://stats.ncaa.org/selection_rank...gritties/20923

4. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    ODU #8
    LTU #19
    USM #23
    Charlotte #29

USA #58
    GASO #80
    CC #95
    LA #110

http://stats.ncaa.org/selection_rank...gritties/20923
    You can also throw out Fairfield, moving Tech up to #18.

Besides, even if you went by RPI, there are three teams ahead of Tech that cannot host ... thus the #19 RPI is the next best available host for the last spot. Not that I think they were the last host. South Carolina was.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How would you like to be one of the three teams who cashed their ticket to the tournament and got sentenced to a Regional at that Old Dominium Baseball Stadium?
    Not my problem...do better.

South Al #3 seed in Gainesville

Teams like Miss state get a bye into the supers than other like Tennessee and Tcu have a extremely tough regional.. ncaa commission is awful

8. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    South Al #3 seed in Gainesville
    I was thinking that they would squeeze in as a #3 seed. No reason why Wright State should have been a #3 seed ahead of them (other projections).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I know. 4 teams in the top 30 rpi. But they aren’t normally a good conference. Cusa baseball season was kinda like sunbelt football season. Hopefully sunbelt football continues its climb and cusa baseball gets back behind the sunbelt where they belong.
    And the two teams that are normally at the top of the heap(Rice and FAU) had down years so CUSA is turning into quite a baseball conference.

10. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    And the two teams that are normally at the top of the heap(Rice and FAU) had down years so CUSA is turning into quite a baseball conference.
    Rice and FAU falter and the rest of the conference looks better.

Makes sense

Just saying when they can get it back up RPIs will get even higher

Just saying when they can get it back up RPIs will get even higher
    Agreed. I think the point being made was when Rice/FAU start winning in conference it could have a negative effect on everyone else. I’m with you though it can only improve CUSA RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Agreed. I think the point being made was when Rice/FAU start winning in conference it could have a negative effect on everyone else. I’m with you though it can only improve CUSA RPI.
    That’s assuming that A) these programs actually come back up and B.) these programs like LaTech that’s having a good year continue with the success

My guess it will be A little bit of both.

I congratulate you on a good season. The way they came back against So. Miss. not once but twice, to get to the finals was impressive.

Former FSU QB Danny Kannell calls out the NCAA baseball selection committee over the Alabama pick. Says SEC get way too much credit.

Not sure this is even news given the SEC history of picks.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...ment-selection

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information