Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I've raised this questions myself, and you probably won't like their answer. When you say quality out of conference games, let's be specific. We are talking about home games correct, because Texas, Michigan State, Alabama and Iowa St. are quality out of conference games.

When I asked about home games, the answer is they don't want to come to Lafayette to play Billy Napier. Not Southern Miss, East Carolina, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, UAB or any other good G5 program within reasonable mileage. It seems AAC members want 2 for 1 if they are willing to play. I don't have specifics on those programs.

Maggard has scheduled Tulsa, Rice, Liberty and is currently working on others. I'm not happy watching Nichols and Mcneese come to town, but because they are state programs you will continue to see us play one FCS per year at home.

I understand that others in our conference have brought in some good opponents, but are we really asking why Baylor and others on willing to play ULM, Texas State and South Alabama on the road? They stink!
    Yes, I'm talking strictly home.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That's one example, but some companies do allow their employees to use the allowed sick days for personal days. It's another form of compensation. I'm pretty sure you are aware of that fact.
    Go clear some space in your inbox. I sent you a reply back message.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Yes, I'm talking strictly home.
    Give him a call, I'm sure he will get back to you. Let us know what he tells you, at least what you can share.

I agree with Slick post. No matter what I will be at every game to support the Cajuns. We need all fans to get out to Cajun Field. It is nice to see the exposure on TV but it doesn't help any with money made at the game. Nothing replaces live action.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I will tell you who is happy about Tuesday/Wednesday night games and even to some extent Thursday and that is the business traveler. Pre Covid, I was on the road quite a bit, and I will tell you for those of us that were living in hotel rooms and/or hotel bars, the fall college football Tuesday and Wednesday night games were the only things I was watching and I didn't care if it was MAC or SBC, I watched them all.
    This is true for tv viewing but it also makes it very difficult to actually attend the games when you are traveling during the weekdays for work .

I will do my best to schedule my business travel around this but it might be tough. No matter what anyone says, this does not help put butts in seats. It is what it is . Just have to make the best of it

6. Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think his nickname was Thunder Thornton. He had a reputation for knocking DB's out of games with his legs/knees....you had to tackle him low to bring him down and if the timing was right, he would bring his leg/knee up into the DB's helmet. 5'11" 230 lbs, a real bad ass! He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Steelers and played 6 seasons (77'-82').
    ......But Rick we have our own Thunder Thornton.....Nate!

7. Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......But Rick we have our own Thunder Thornton.....Nate!
    Boomer, that's Thornton Nate Thunder.

TNT

I have to say that the open house at Cajun Field to try and upgrade tickets was nice Friday, rep took a lot of time with me and all of them were taking plenty of time with each person there when I was there. Took you to possible open seats and now the wait begins to see if I get any of the spots that I selected. They were very up front that they are going to try and contact the original ticket holders to give them a last chance to renew and then they would begin to call by ranking order. Fingers crossed that I can get in the area that I chose

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I have to say that the open house at Cajun Field to try and upgrade tickets was nice Friday, rep took a lot of time with me and all of them were taking plenty of time with each person there when I was there. Took you to possible open seats and now the wait begins to see if I get any of the spots that I selected. They were very up front that they are going to try and contact the original ticket holders to give them a last chance to renew and then they would begin to call by ranking order. Fingers crossed that I can get in the area that I chose
    Moved from the student section to Chairbacks in C was life chaining especially after Last year when they moved us in the endzone for COVID. It really took you out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I agree. I also went over to Cajun Field Friday to see what was available so I could consider upgrading my seats. I was very pleased with the help provided and transparency of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I agree with Slick post. No matter what I will be at every game to support the Cajuns. We need all fans to get out to Cajun Field. It is nice to see the exposure on TV but it doesn't help any with money made at the game. Nothing replaces live action.
    Die hard fans will ______ here but be in the stands but if you want to grow your fan base you have to have a quality home schedule otherwise the casual fan will just watch the game on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Die hard fans will ______ here but be in the stands but if you want to grow your fan base you have to have a quality home schedule otherwise the casual fan will just watch the game on tv.
    We all know Lafayette is a front runner town. That's been the excuse for years, Cajun football wasn't up to being a front runner. Now the team is a pre-season top 25 team, lots of chatter nationally about beating Texas and having a realistic chance to be in a NY bowl, and now they'll _____ and moan about the schedule. The teams outside of conference have been on this years schedule for several years. What's the next excuse? And the next? And the Next? And the Next excuse? Casual Fan needs to STF up and man up. Tired of the fing Lafayette excuses....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We all know Lafayette is a front runner town. That's been the excuse for years, Cajun football wasn't up to being a front runner. Now the team is a pre-season top 25 team, lots of chatter nationally about beating Texas and having a realistic chance to be in a NY bowl, and now they'll _____ and moan about the schedule. The teams outside of conference have been on this years schedule for several years. What's the next excuse? And the next? And the Next? And the Next excuse? Casual Fan needs to STF up and man up. Tired of the fing Lafayette excuses....
    +1000

I will be at Cajun Field that's how I choose to spend my money but people need to stop complaining about how others choose to spend their money. If I wasn't such a die hard I'd watch it on tv also. If we want to build on the hype then we need to start giving fans a reason to go to CF. Heck I can watch top 25 programs on tv all day long. You can't tell me that if it wasn't for last year more people wouldn't be complaining about the schedule or the lack of Saturday games and lack of Quality tailgating opportunities. JMO

AMEN!! People in this town are always looking for an excuse not to go.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information