Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 138

Thread: Worst Home schedule, EVER

  1. #61

    Rep Power
    59

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We are ranked and getting national pub not because of the TV contract and this conference. We are ranked and getting national pub in spite of the TV contract and this conference.
    YOU DAMN RIGHT!!!

    #cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTheHellOutOfTexas
    -jhk3

  2. #62

    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Scratching my head at this one.... We're still playing 6 home games.
    If you want to scratch some more, go see the baseball threads.
    CajunVic

  3. #63

    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    I get the frustration. I really do.

    Shoot, I remember the first time we were on national TV. Cajun fans nearly had an orgasm over the fact. Now we have six and we're complaining.

    But guys, the chance to show your product to as many as 110 million households on FOX and 80-100 on ESPN/2/U can do nothing but bolster recruiting. That keeps us with a program that gets talked about EVERY season.

    Attendance at these games is crucial. I get you can't tailgate as long on weeknight games, but you still have an outstanding team to support.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is a big picture here that is much bigger than your chance to tailgate. This program needs you more than ever before. I'm a season ticket holder and an RCAF member. I'm also a member of the diamond club. I'm getting ready to increase my RCAF donation and buy four more season tickets that I don't need (but I'll be blessing some people for each home game). Increasing revenue is paramount for this program.

    "Too many people sit down when it's time to stand up."--Tony Robichaux.

    Don't SIT in front of your television. STAND with the rest of the fans and yell like hell for your team.

    The future depends on you.


  4. #64

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Just because tailgating is limited does not mean you can't go to the game. Hopefully many do.


  5. #65

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just because tailgating is limited does not mean you can't go to the game. Hopefully many do.
    60% of our Group works over an hour away including myself it makes going to the game very tough epically during the early part of the week. I argue it does not help recruiting to play midweek games. Look at the MAC it has gone to crap and they play 90% of their conference games midweek on ESPN.

  6. #66

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    60% of our Group works over an hour away including myself it makes going to the game very tough epically during the early part of the week. I argue it does not help recruiting to play midweek games. Look at the MAC it has gone to crap and they play 90% of their conference games midweek on ESPN.
    There are a number of factors to consider when you discuss the MAC. Were they playing week night games when the conference was better? Yes they were a number of games played during the weeknights. The problem with the MAC is the quality of football is not good, they are the worst FBS conference in the country. Between coaching changes and poorly run programs, their brand has suffered greatly. It's not all about playing week night games.

    I offer you further proof with the MWC and the AAC. Have week night games hurt their brands? I don't think so, it certainly hasn't hurt Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, SMU and other programs. It's about raising your brands with good football when you have the chance. Both the MWC and the AAC have done so, with good results. Here are some of the games that are scheduled this year, mostly on Thursday and Friday nights. And Friday night is all about high school football in the south.

    Friday, Sept. 17
    UCF at Louisville

    Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
    USF at BYU

    Friday, Oct 1, 2021
    Houston at Tulsa

    Thursday, Oct 7, 2021
    Houston at Tulane

    Friday, Oct 8, 2021
    Temple at Cincinnati

    Thursday, Oct 14, 2021
    Navy at Memphis

    Listen, I get the deal with the driving distance and work schedule. Do I love the week night games, not really. But there is a reason ESPN is choosing Louisiana for week night games, our program is pretty damn good right now. When an opportunity avails itself to showcase your team to a national audience you take it. We are still in the SBC and the only reason we are getting those opportunities is because our program has improved it's brand.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There are a number of factors to consider when you discuss the MAC. Were they playing week night games when the conference was better? Yes they were a number of games played during the weeknights. The problem with the MAC is the quality of football is not good, they are the worst FBS conference in the country. Between coaching changes and poorly run programs, their brand has suffered greatly. It's not all about playing week night games.

    I offer you further proof with the MWC and the AAC. Have week night games hurt their brands? I don't think so, it certainly hasn't hurt Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, SMU and other programs. It's about raising your brands with good football when you have the chance. Both the MWC and the AAC have done so, with good results. Here are some of the games that are scheduled this year, mostly on Thursday and Friday nights. And Friday night is all about high school football in the south.

    Friday, Sept. 17
    UCF at Louisville

    Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
    USF at BYU

    Friday, Oct 1, 2021
    Houston at Tulsa

    Thursday, Oct 7, 2021
    Houston at Tulane

    Friday, Oct 8, 2021
    Temple at Cincinnati

    Thursday, Oct 14, 2021
    Navy at Memphis

    Listen, I get the deal with the driving distance and work schedule. Do I love the week night games, not really. But there is a reason ESPN is choosing Louisiana for week night games, our program is pretty damn good right now. When an opportunity avails itself to showcase your team to a national audience you take it. We are still in the SBC and the only reason we are getting those opportunities is because our program has improved it's brand.
    What I'm saying is weeknight games does help or hurt recruiting or grow the brand . There are so many games on people have football fatigue during the week . The only thing it has a direct effect on is home attendance.

    The ones turning into Thursday night or Tuesday games are fans of the programs or people that are into football and have a good knowledge of who the teams are and their history.

  8. #68

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    What I'm saying is weeknight games does help or hurt recruiting or grow the brand . There are so many games on people have football fatigue during the week . The only thing it has a direct effect on is home attendance.
    Actually I think it helps your program if you are winning because many athletes are visiting campuses on Saturday's and may not have a chance to watch your games live. Your point is also true on attendance, it doesn't maximize it for alumni and fans to travel to Lafayette and enjoy the game experience in person.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually I think it helps your program if you are winning because many athletes are visiting campuses on Saturday's and may not have a chance to watch your games live. Your point is also true on attendance, it doesn't maximize it for alumni and fans to travel to Lafayette and enjoy the game experience in person.
    The Ohio game just really ____ed me off . I know we have a little more say in OC games being moved. To agree to moving it just to face off against the Cowboys and redskins game is just dumb in my mind.

  10. #70

    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just because tailgating is limited does not mean you can't go to the game. Hopefully many do.
    Agree. If we have a season like last year but can't average AT LEAST 18k per game (I'm putting the number 2k below an even 20,000 due to the half the games being midweek), then the message from the Acadiana community will be clear.

    And as a result, Coach Napier just as soon finally take that P5 job.

  11. #71
    fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    You've got 3 months to plan trips for the weekday games. Clear a few hours the day of the game and the next morning with your boss and stay the night for those who have to travel. Hell, use a sick day, you'll probably too hung over to drive home too early. So, you can't have a huge tailgate. Grab some poboys and a six pack and hang out before gametime. It ain't that tough to do...


  12. #72

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You've got 3 months to plan trips for the weekday games. Clear a few hours the day of the game and the next morning with your boss and stay the night for those who have to travel. Hell, use a sick day, you'll probably too hung over to drive home too early. So, you can't have a huge tailgate. Grab some poboys and a six pack and hang out before gametime. It ain't that tough to do...
    The University has 3 months to move a game back to Saturday .. they could even agree to move Gast back because they added Ohio to a weeknight .

  13. #73

    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    What I'm saying is weeknight games does help or hurt recruiting or grow the brand . There are so many games on people have football fatigue during the week . The only thing it has a direct effect on is home attendance.

    The ones turning into Thursday night or Tuesday games are fans of the programs or people that are into football and have a good knowledge of who the teams are and their history.
    Exactly. The home schedule already, except App St., does nothing to attract other than die hard supporters. It will be very difficult to attract 20k or more. TV has already greatly damaged home attendance, this only hurts it more, regardless of how good we are.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Exactly. The home schedule already, except App St., does nothing to attract other than die hard supporters. It will be very difficult to attract 20k or more. TV has already greatly damaged home attendance, this only hurts it more, regardless of how good we are.
    It was great about 10 years ago when It was a rarity to see a G5 team on TV. Now I open my ESPN App I have access to 40 games from D2 to FBS. The advantage of midweek games have gone the way of Myspace.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

    Obviously the ESPN money does NOT offset the loss of game day attendance. The MAC is slowly headed to FCS football or less in a decade or so. Their football programs are money pits. They have not built a fan base, conceded it to ESPN. They're shrivling up on the vine. Makes you think for a second this is the master P5 plan. One less conference in the class action RICO or whatever suit that will come against the NCAA/BCS or whomever.

    ULM has all Saturday games except ours the Friday of Thanksgiving. If being on television is so great and Bowden is the all mighty savior of ULM football, why are they not on to watch the magic of the RR offense? Build up home crowds? Kind of hypocritical eh?

    It could be worse...we could be in CUSA. Shows to be careful what you wish for.

    This isn't Maggard's doing. But it is his to figure out...fast.


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Home Basketball Schedule
    By CajunGrad16 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: August 17th, 2018, 04:41 pm
  2. Cajuns Close Out Home Schedule
    By NewsCopy in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2010, 10:40 pm
  3. Someone talk to me about the home schedule...
    By anhil8tor in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 9th, 2008, 01:46 pm
  4. UL hoops: Home schedule toughened some more
    By NewsCopy in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 15th, 2006, 08:54 am
  5. SBC Home FB Schedule-Not good
    By Cajun1997 in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 7th, 2003, 03:51 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •