Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Schedule sucks. SunBelt, just like all other conferences, sold out their fans for TV money. Also, the Ticketmaster payment system is crap. After tons of help from the ticket office, I was able to pay my ticket invoice. Then it kept giving error messages when I tried to pay for everything else. I wasn’t about to clear my history a second time to pay an invoice. Fix that crap then I’ll pay!

This is a generational disaster as far as the fan base. You got three shots at getting your children all pumped up for a Cajun game and tailgating...if the weatherman cooperates. Look at the MACTION...what a bucket of dung. You could pop off your three shells out your 12 gauge and probably not hit anyone on those week nights.

Covid Carolina is jacked in October for 3 weeks, open up on 9/2 a Thursday at home, then the following Friday hosting Kansas. Then November they play three Saturdays and Thanksgiving Friday, A,H,H,A.

Not quite as bad as us, but still killing the product.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This is a generational disaster as far as the fan base. You got three shots at getting your children all pumped up for a Cajun game and tailgating...if the weatherman cooperates. Look at the MACTION...what a bucket of dung. You could pop off your three shells out your 12 gauge and probably not hit anyone on those week nights.

Covid Carolina is jacked in October for 3 weeks, open up on 9/2 a Thursday at home, then the following Friday hosting Kansas. Then November they play three Saturdays and Thanksgiving Friday, A,H,H,A.

Not quite as bad as us, but still killing the product.
    The SunBelt outdraws the MAC in attendance. Not by a lot, but we've done so for the past 4 seasons outside of the pandemic. Even with the weird schedules, I still think the Belt will continue to outdraw the MAC, but it doesn't help that the Sun Belt schedule is looking more and more like MACtion. I hate it for Cajun fans because we know what the attendance can be like at Cajun Field. We had some great crowds even during the Bustle years and certainly during the Hud years. I know we have not showed out even with good teams the past few years and I was hoping that trend would change this year. The schedule makes that difficult.

I'm hoping at least the Nicholls game has great weather, the Colonels fans show up as they've been good and they've got a great atmosphere for the first normal game since 2019.

Easy to figure out which game will be designated for Homecoming 4 p.m. kickoff.

SUCK. IT. UP.

We are winning, ladies. Find a way to get there.

Quit yall _____ing. SBC is the new ESPN mid week darling. LOL. Lets do this!

7. Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

I don't care if we play on Tuesday, or any other day.

#1, I will be there
    #2, WIN BABY!!!!!!

Sucking it up and getting there isn’t the issue. It’s the lost exposure to youngsters...making memories and creating bonds. It’s hard to do, especially come Saturday and we’re not playing; say what you want, we all know what game will be on tv in the majority of their homes.

9. Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

What we need is an entire community effort...maybe close schools at midday and give the kids a $1-$5 admission to the game....let employees off a lil early.....wear RED on game day....get buses from all Acadiana area schools to have game nights....any more ideas?????

3 Saturday home games is some horse manure. Being someone who is out of town, my season tickets are getting less and less value. Might as well just do single game general admission. I won’t be renewing my tailgate spot and will be dropping down an RCAF donation level as well. Way to take a big dump on your die hard fans. Most anticipated season in years and you have 2 months in between your Saturday home games. Just kill all momentum we are gonna gain from kicking Texas’ behind. Completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    3 Saturday home games is some horse manure. Being someone who is out of town, my season tickets are getting less and less value. Might as well just do singe game general admission. I won’t be renewing my tailgate spot and will be dropping down an RCAF donation level as well. Way to take a big dump on your die hard fans. Most anticipated season in years and you have 2 months in between your Saturday home games. Just kill all momentum we are gonna gain from kicking Texas’ behind. Completely unacceptable.
    This right here.

You don't grow your brand playing nobody in front of nobody on a Thursday night when every sports bar TV is on the NFL game.

You grow your brand by beating Big-12 schools on the road. You grow your brand by capturing the younger generations on Saturdays at Cajun Field.

We are ranked and getting national pub not because of the TV contract and this conference. We are ranked and getting national pub in spite of the TV contract and this conference.

12. Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Independent

Saturday Night Light specials

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Independent

Saturday Night Light specials

Dr. Maggard and UL cannot do anything about the issue of playing weeknight games. Therefore, there is no need to keep beating a dead horse (unless you just want to vent). We fans just need to do OUR PART and get to the games! We might not like it, but the benefits of winning big and the national exposure seem to be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Dr. Maggard and UL cannot do anything about the issue of playing weeknight games. Therefore, there is no need to keep beating a dead horse (unless you just want to vent). We fans just need to do OUR PART and get to the games! We might not like it, but the benefits of winning big and the national exposure seem to be obvious.
    It was announced yesterday that a credit will be given to those the have already paid for a tailgating or RV spot of a $100 for the Thursday night game. That may not be enough to satisfying some supporters, but at least they are making the effort to rectify a situation that is not their fault.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information