Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Home schedule, EVER

Default Re: Worst Home schedule, EVER

The SBC has no leverage right now. That's not Maggard's fault. Going forward his task is to lock down better home schedules. I realize that won't be an easy task while Coach Napier is here, but it's his job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The SBC has no leverage right now. That's not Maggard's fault. Going forward his task is to lock down better home schedules. I realize that won't be an easy task while Coach Napier is here, but it's his job.
    How does the sbc have anything to do with the Ohio game? The original contract was for a Saturday date right. Who in the ever loving mind thought it was a good idea to go back and change the date. Better be a he'll of a pay out by ESPN for this sh!ฯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    How does the sbc have anything to do with the Ohio game? The original contract was for a Saturday date right. Who in the ever loving mind thought it was a good idea to go back and change the date. Better be a he'll of a pay out by ESPN for this sh!ฯ
    My thoughts exactly ! NFL will kill our ratings vs a bottom feeder in the MAC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Take a deep breath. Look what CUSA did...yes, they’re Friday-Saturday but out of sight on CBSSN. But at the same time, we don’t want to get screwed over like the MAC. Those two moves have helped the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Agreed. No tailgating last year and only 3 Saturday home games this year is not good. Do we have any say in this, or do the SBC and ESPN control everything?
    We absolutely have ZERO say about this. SBC can do little about it as well. It is part of our contract with ESPN. They are allowed to decide game times. It is part of getting games for other sports on ESPN Plus. The only thing which can be done about this is to have a provision in the next contract which limits the number of times a team is forced to play mid week at home. Not sure when renewal come up but I believe it is a few years away. Making the Thursday games more questionable is the fact that these games now compete with the NFL. Once again our options to fight these in the short term are ZERO.

Another disadvantage of a mid week is it limits the number of out of town fans who will attend. While not as many as in the past due to the ESPN + option, we still have a few who come in from the New Orleans and Houston areas on Saturdays. When you get down to 3 Saturday games, some of those folks may drop their season tickets. As I said earlier, nothing can be done about this now but we need to bring the tailgating and out of town fans issue up to the conference office prior to the next time we have ESPN negotiations.

Who do you think ESPN signed the contract with? The SBC. The SBC has no leverage with ESPN dictating which games will be televised during the week nationally. They agreed to it and it's out of there control.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Take a deep breath. Look what CUSA did...yes, they’re Friday-Saturday but out of sight on CBSSN. But at the same time, we don’t want to get screwed over like the MAC. Those two moves have helped the SBC.
    I'm not the one complaining about it. The contract is what it is and we have to work around it. That being said, we do have a say in who we play out of conference at home and that is what the challenge is going forward.

Well this sucks...

I mean, I'll be at the games. But the combination of increased tailgating costs and the increased midweek games is killing our gameday culture. I miss the outside of the stadium being a gigantic party.

It’s tough to invigorate a fan base and fill a stadium when you essentially schedule people out of attending. Even with a top 25 team.

It’s great to be on ESPN. I understand the whole argument of exposure, growing your brand, etc. It was great for us last year. It just really sucks for the fans that were going to go to a lot if not all of those games at home.

The tailgating. Out of towners and opposing fans coming in. The day long experience at Cajun Field. Tough to do when your schedule basically favors anyone who is not super invested in the program to miss games. Casual fans will stay home on those nights.

I'm not crazy about the schedule either, including the home opponents, App St being the only interesting game.
    However, it is great exposure to continue to build the brand, especially if the team does well. National exposure is much more valuable to the overall growth of the program. We are not in a position to draw Saturday (day or night) national games at home. It's a delicate balance that Dr. Maggard is trying to achieve, and there are those that won't be happy but we have to be patient, this program is growing recognition. FOX TV on a Saturday against Texas is awesome. Down the road, Dr. Maggard can hopefully improve the home schedule as the program continues upward.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm not crazy about the schedule either, including the home opponents, App St being the only interesting game.
    However, it is great exposure to continue to build the brand, especially if the team does well. National exposure is much more valuable to the overall growth of the program. We are not in a position to draw Saturday (day or night) national games at home. It's a delicate balance that Dr. Maggard is trying to achieve, and there are those that won't be happy but we have to be patient, this program is growing recognition. FOX TV on a Saturday against Texas is awesome. Down the road, Dr. Maggard can hopefully improve the home schedule as the program continues upward.
    Dr. Maggard is doing a great job scheduling, then ESPN changes it.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    Dr. Maggard is doing a great job scheduling, then ESPN changes it.
    Idk the univ has asked us to eat a lot of ____ the past 2 years

Moved our Section A tickets to end zone for the same price and one less game.

Now we have to pay for half of all the games to be on work nights. I work an 1.5 away from Cajun Field makes it a pain in the ass to get there.

The TXST game is on 10/30. It’s Saturday and I’m going to plead with the family to be there, but that’s the night you’ll have a lot of people do Halloween.

I know, it’s not actually Halloween, but it’s just another one of those possible reasons to miss a game. Decisions, decisions.

Wish they would have changed that one to a weekday and given us back another one.

nm

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information