Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2022 SB and beyond.

Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Hoping the kitty kats down the road don't win one first. They'd never let us hear the end of it. Go Seminoles.
    LSU is good but they I doubt they will win the wcws. We need to figure out how to get over the regional hump. We also lost 4 of 5 to them this year.

I’m a big fan of Coach Alameda, she is true class & a great softball mind! Noles are always an easy team to pull for, they’re a well coached bunch of young ladies. Geaux Noles

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Hoping the kitty kats down the road don't win one first. They'd never let us hear the end of it. Go Seminoles.
    Geaux Noles! Anybody but A&M BR.

4. Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Random, but I keep thinking back to all those games that we could have (should have) won in the supers or regional rounds. Wasn't pitching the main issue in all of them? (Auburn with J Wall, Oklahoma, Michigan, AZ State, and the regionals at LSU). Would a deepened bullpen have won us those games?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Natalie Fernadez and Vallie Gaspard were good ones they could touch and go slap or power slap.
    I like hitters who CAN slap, but usually don't. I hate the philosophy of slapping which is generally to give up an out to advance a runner. I would use it only when the defense is playing deep on the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I like hitters who CAN slap, but usually don't. I hate the philosophy of slapping which is generally to give up an out to advance a runner. I would use it only when the defense is playing deep on the corners.
    I hate slappers for the record.

I hate slappers for the record.
    I like player who hit over 0.350 to 0.400, whichever flavor. The only issue I've ever had with slappers was what Steve called touch & go types, and only when you had a runners in scoring position, especially at third. A lot of those slaps didn't leave the infield which left runs off the board.

Using the bunt in baseball as an analogy; I hate the bunt, but a guy like Mickey Mantle was devastating as a drag bunter. Great speed, great power, and only infielders with a death wish played him shallow to protect against the bunt.

Slap with girls who have both speed and power, and don't telegraph the slap.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I like player who hit over 0.350 to 0.400, whichever flavor. The only issue I've ever had with slappers was what Steve called touch & go types, and only when you had a runners in scoring position, especially at third. A lot of those slaps didn't leave the infield which left runs off the board.
    Some like the power slappers who can slap over the outfielders heads or in the gap. If you hit 400 then I guess it doesn't matter how you hit.

Problem with slappers is that they leave runners on second and third way too often, and are next to useless with two outs.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Problem with slappers is that they leave runners on second and third way too often, and are next to useless with two outs.
    That's why I noted the "touch & go" type. I think Kendall Talley was a pretty efficient slapper this year.

That's why I noted the "touch & go" type. I think Kendall Talley was a pretty efficient slapper this year.
    Actually Kendall was a slapper at Lamar and she red shirted her 1st year here because Glasco wanted to convert her to hitting with power, hence the high leg kick.

Actually Kendall was a slapper at Lamar and she red shirted her 1st year her because Glasco wanted to convert her to hitting with power, hence the high leg kid.
    Yep, but still slaps. A slapper can still drive in runs, but it's tougher if you're hits are coming between the plate and the pitcher.

LSPoo was pretty good at slapping Summer's drop ball!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    LSPoo was pretty good at slapping Summer's drop ball!
    We should have thrown rise balls.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information