Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 SB and beyond.

Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What your number on sprinking in transfers? How many a year for you to say enough is enough?
    25% of the signees being transfers seems like a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    25% of the signees being transfers seems like a good mix.
    So basically 5 to 6 kids a season. Are these kids coming in to immediately start or add competition to the roster?

So basically 5 to 6 kids a season. Are these kids coming in to immediately start or add competition to the roster?
    From who’s perspective ? The coach, the player or the fan? Doubtful these will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    From who’s perspective ? The coach, the player or the fan? Doubtful these will be the same.
    All three.

Give me your opinion if your were the coach? Do you expect these kids to be immediate impact players?

As a player do think you will sit the bench, be a role player or start as an incoming transfer? What about the current players what do they think? A lot of kids that are in the portal aren't experienced and they entered the portal mostly because they weren't playing. But there is also the high impact transfers eg.. Bryan.

This should be interesting what do the fans think?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I believe hitting should improve next year. What I am still getting used to is not playing gorilla ball like under the previous staff. But when Gerry Glasco first interviewed with Stevie P; he mentioned preferences towards small ball. He’d rather a multitude of hits rather than straight home runs.
    LSU used small ball to jump out to an early lead in the bottom half of 1st inning in Game 2 on Sunday.

“If you can’t hit em’, bunt em’.

When you started this thread you stated that you will give your opinion eventually. So, what’s the hold up? Why all of the back and forth to each poster who does share their opinions without your input?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    When you started this thread you stated that you will give your opinion eventually. So, what’s the hold up? Why all of the back and forth to each poster who does share their opinions without your input?
    There is no hold up. I was just trying to get a pulse on what the supporters felt. I should post later on today my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I believe hitting should improve next year. What I am still getting used to is not playing gorilla ball like under the previous staff. But when Gerry Glasco first interviewed with Stevie P; he mentioned preferences towards small ball. He’d rather a multitude of hits rather than straight home runs.
    You must have missed a lot of softball because we have had some of the best slappers I've seen in past years. They could slap, bounce the ball or bunt. We use to refer to them as the softball track team because they were so fast if they put the ball in play it was difficult to throw them out.

I feel that I don't want to be transfer U. I want to build a program with players that will be here. I'm not saying I don't want any transfers because we've always had them. I would prefer transfers with more than one year left now there will be exceptions to that and I'm ok with that especially if they are an elite pitcher or Bryan type of skills.

All three.

Give me your opinion if your were the coach? Do you expect these kids to be immediate impact players?

As a player do think you will sit the bench, be a role player or start as an incoming transfer? What about the current players what do they think? A lot of kids that are in the portal aren't experienced and they entered the portal mostly because they weren't playing. But there is also the high impact transfers eg.. Bryan.

From a coaches perspective, every player you bring in should be in competition to replace a current starter. As a player, bringing in other players shouldn't concern you, you should have the confidence that you can beat anyone out. Now I do see the politics where some current players may think the transfer is coming in to start and there is nothing they can do to stop that. But I dont think Glasco would promise anyone a job, go out there and compete.

Didn’t miss any softball. Well aware of our slapping and singles. Our home runs and extra base hits have dropped in the last 4 years. What has gone up - total hits on the season.

All three.

I can't imagine any player transferring from a situation they committed to going somewhere and wanting to sit the bench or expecting to not play. I think its pretty much the same across any sport but the player is looking for a better situation that may or may not develop.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I can't imagine any player transferring from a situation they committed to going somewhere and wanting to sit the bench or expecting to not play. I think its pretty much the same across any sport but the player is looking for a better situation that may or may not develop.
    Well sure, they may EXPECT a certain scenario, but then reality becomes different.

Look at that QB who transferred here from Maryland. Lots of people were excited and thought he was going to come here and be the next Cajuns starting QB. Levi Lewis had other plans, and now that QB is gone. Can't remember his name off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    You must have missed a lot of softball because we have had some of the best slappers I've seen in past years. They could slap, bounce the ball or bunt. We use to refer to them as the softball track team because they were so fast if they put the ball in play it was difficult to throw them out.
    Slapping is what you do when your kids can't hit.

There is no correct answer as how many transfers should be brought in. I personally would like to see the team as all freshman to seniors, but the truth of the matter is, if a transfer will better a position, no matter what position that is, and no matter how long that person has occupied that position, then you bring in a transfer. That may be 1 to 9 transfers. Winning the world series is the goal every year. So what ever it takes to get there and win, you do it.

Coach Glasco knows what's doing. I was upset at some of the girls who left last year, and wished them well. We faced a couple this year. However, and this may or may not have to do with the transfers brought in, but I never felt this team this year had the "it" factor. I knew they would be good and never give up, but never did I feel like they had "it".

So is it because the amount of transfers brought in, or was it just one of those years? Don't know, but I am definitely looking forward to next year.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information