Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 SB and beyond.

Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Show me your list of Ok being 1st I will
    wait. Go to extra innings softball and view the list, Ok is ranked 3rd!
    Link it

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Link it
    I pay $110 yearly for the the subscription service on that website and others. You can go pay like I do and then you can view it. In the first link I sent you it will take you to the website and you can purchase a subscription like everyone else and view all you want. In the link that I sent you in the third paragraph it clearly says it is a member only link. In the subscription content it is illegal to copy and paste content from there site. The articles that I sent you all got there information and the list from the actual site. Do you think they made that up? I don't have to prove anything to you. They were ranked #1 by that site, bottom line. It doesn't matter if you agree or not. This is a transfer thread so if you don't have anything to add to it stay off. I will not respond to your posts if it doesn't have anything to do with post #1.

I pay for the subscription service on that website and others. You can go pay like I do and you can view it. In the first link I sent you it will take you to the website and you can purchase a subscription like everyone else and view all you want. I don't have to prove anything to you. They were ranked #1 by that site, bottom line. It doesn't matter if you agree or not. This is a transfer thread so if you don't have anything to add to it stay off. I will not respond to your posts if it doesn't have anything to do with post #1.
    If we had the number one ranking class you would need to pay for it. It would be all over the place for free. Start telling the truth and you won’t get called out.

As far as the original question, building a class or transfers, I think that was the question? I trust Coach Glasco. All of you have an opinion, which is great, but I trust the coach when it comes down to it. They would not do anything to upset their livelihood. That is how they get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    As far as the original question, building a class or transfers, I think that was the question? I trust Coach Glasco. All of you have an opinion, which is great, but I trust the coach when it comes down to it. They would not do anything to upset their livelihood. That is how they get paid.
    You put your trust in Coach Glasco but as a supporter do you have a preference?

You put your trust in Coach Glasco, but as a supporter do you have a preference?
    No, I do not, I thought I did, but this year has taught me a lot. For most of the season, I thought we needed to develop our players. But as the season went on, I've seen something in these players that I hadn't seen in a long time. Fight, courage, and a will to win games.

What it comes down to is the coach and if they want to keep their job. The only way a coach keeps their job is by winning.

We have seen it too much, in my opinion, that coaches are gone after 3 years because more is expected of them.

Winning solves a lot of problems, and in my opinion, Coach Glasco is solving those problems.

With bigger schools having more money, etc is being transfer U the only way for a mid major to keep up? OK state pulls just as many transfers as UL and they have more success. So how does it work for them and as you say not so much for UL?
    So, just talking about softball here, we've shown for years that we can be elite without relying on transfers. While I remember a few key transfers during the Lotief years (Vanessa Soto and Matte Haack seem to come to mind) it seems like half of Gerry's roster is made up of players who started at other universities prior to coming to UL. And he's had success with it.

Not sure what you're referring to with OK State.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    While I remember a few key transfers during the Lotief years (Vanessa Soto and Matte Haack seem to come to mind)
    This list is invalid if it does not have Lexie Elkins being at or near the top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    This list is invalid if it does not have Lexie Elkins being at or near the top of it.
    Haha. I was just going off the top of my head, but who could forgot Elkins. Texas Tech’s loss was certainly our gain. No home runs for the red raiders and oh so many for us.

So, just talking about softball here, we've shown for years that we can be elite without relying on transfers. While I remember a few key transfers during the Lotief years (Vanessa Soto and Matte Haack seem to come to mind) it seems like half of Gerry's roster is made up of players who started at other universities prior to coming to UL. And he's had success with it.

In post #6 you said it hasn't worked out. Now in post #37 you are saying we have had success. Which is it?

With the portal now in existence and as long as it is in existence, the recruiting game is not the same as before the portal.

I believe totally in Coach Glasco and whatever route he goes. I expect every recruit will be a different case. He recruits for projected needs and will make the best choice available for each position.

We may not have even won the conference without the transfers we had this year. I am hopeful future transfers will have a few years of eligibility left.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Shelbi Redfearn (Baylor); Victoria Brown (Arkansas); Lexie Elkins (Texas Tech). We’ve had a few.

I wouldn’t be against 2-3 transfers a year; but build on those HS kids. Maybe do like Baseball and get a couple of JuCo and CC kids.

One thing I noticed in looking at the roster; with the exception of Summer; all the departing seniors are transfers in from other schools. And 5 of 6 are from P-5 schools. Only Julie Rawls came to us from Conference USA. I don’t know for sure; but I think you don’t want to have that kind of exodus year in and out. You want kids that have been here for years and grown. Built the program.

The junior class is about 1/2 transfers vs HS

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information