Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    If we must play Lsu every year in a regional, we should not play in regular season. They were on top of every pitch Summer threw. or at the very least, coach has to save his ace and give other pitchers the ball, even if we lose. p.s. this has nothing to do with how sleepy out bats were.
    Very accurate post. Summer gave up nine earned runs over two innings. Considering LSU is, year after year, one of the worst hitting teams in the SEC, they did an excellent job of scouting Summer. I never expected they would light her up like they did. It's almost unexplainable.

2. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Not digging on anyone but if glasco can't make us any better than we have always been when does he go on the hot seat or are we ok with with just making a regional at some SEC school. I enjoyed the season always want more.
    I hear you. Apparently next year we will be stacked. Then again, I heard the same about this year's team. So there's no telling. I'll always love Cajuns softball though!

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Indicator that the way hitting is coached needs to change. And while I'm saying this, Curry blasts it out.
    The last 2 months Glasco has coached the pitchers and hitters which has taken away time from the hitters. I agree our risp is our biggest issue. We get runners on and struggle to move them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That's for damn sure. Pitching can carry you so far.
    Great pitching always beats good hitting. Pitching will always carry you far.

5. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

LA   03
    LSU 08

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I hear you. Apparently next year we will be stacked. Then again, I heard the same about this year's team. So there's no telling. I'll always love Cajuns softball though!
    I am not sure about being stacked, but we will be young.

7. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

End of 6

LA   03
    LSU 08

8. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The Cajuns will have depth next year. I would even say maybe more than they have now. The biggest off season issue will be hiring a top notch pitching coach.
    More depth than we have now should = stacked

My personal opinion is the Cajuns need to also get stronger. We have the speed.

Just need five runs. I remember when that was a given back when in the 3-4 inning.

I think it will be more of the same - solid HS recruits with a good dose of P5 transfers and some leadership. If we could stay healthy, who knows what could happen. This year we lost 2 games by 1 run. We also had (6) cancelled games. (2) against SLU and a (4) game sround robin with SEMO and Baylor which I believe we could've finished 3-1 against. With a current record of 47-11; I have no doubt we'd have had 50+ wins - some against ranked teams and gotten into to the top 16. Injuries plagued us too.

12. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Here come the bats

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    More depth than we have now should = stacked
    I was talking about the pitching depth which is the depth he mentioned will be improved. As a team overall we will be young and not stacked. Then again who knows how many transfers the Cajuns pick up. 2 for sure are committed.

14. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Kilponen is going to hit 200 pitches on the day.

So much for needing depth.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I was talking about the pitching depth which is the depth he mentioned will be improved. As a team overall we will be young and not stacked. Then again who knows how many transfers the Cajuns pick up. 2 for sure are committed.
    Pitcher from Kentucky and who else?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information