Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    He definitely is, made the call at home on the tag by Lexie Comeaux. He wasn't even on the field for the first game. After we won, the SEC, er.NCAA, assigned him with his instructions. The worst and most unfair umpire anywhere. We didn't stand a chance with him behind the plate. It really is disgusting.
    We didn't lose because of the plate umpire.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I disagree respectfully with your pitching versus hitting observations. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting. It will be almost impossible for us to host anymore unless we have a 2020 schedule for the future. The problem with the Cajuns is P5 teams for the most part are scared to come to Lafayette, and when we offer to go to there place they are still scared. Pac and Sec teams don't need the Cajuns like the Cajuns need them. There conference rpi and sos always carrys them. I would like to see us get a series with JMU.
    why do you disagree with good hitting should eventually catch up with good pitching if they see it enough? from everything I have heard and seen, that is a accurate statement.

regardless of our schedule with p5's, do you agree with how we utilize our ace pitcher against Lsu given, as you say we wont get to host anymore and we are always sent to B.R.?

Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Well one big advancement to see that we lost to LSUwe are Louisiana in ESPN score board resultsbtw what were we at BR??
    For frack's sake, really? This ____ still?

Boomer, the NCAA has recognized our athletic branding preference, just like they eventually recognized Nevada-Reno as Nevada. LSU and LA Tech will NEVER refer to us as Louisiana.

So now understanding that, no need to bring the "what did they call us" in a game thread again. Our athletic program has moved beyond that.

Guys. Regarding the umpire not costing us the game; I saw most comments complaining that his strike zone for Summer was itty bitty yet he gave LS* a huge girth. That can change the ball/strike count which changes the pitching which affects the hitting. So in essence; he did mess us up. I’m not surprised. They probably paid him to do that like last time

5. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Agree to disagree.there needs to be a total name change for allwhen in Lafayette should we call them LSUBR and LTR?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Great pitching always beats good hitting. Pitching will always carry you far.
    I said pitching will carry you so far, if you don't hit and score, how do you expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys. Regarding the umpire not costing us the game; I saw most comments complaining that his strike zone for Summer was itty bitty yet he gave LS* a huge girth. That can change the ball/strike count which changes the pitching which affects the hitting. So in essence; he did mess us up. I’m not surprised. They probably paid him to do that like last time
    Very suspicious that Erwin was not even in the crew for the first game Sunday, then shows up behind the plate after we win. When Summer is getting squeezed like that she doesn't have much of a chance, feel bad for her. Despite that I agree with Craig, our team never gave up with the deck stacked against them. Proud to be a Louisiana fan and not one from Refineryville.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    We have won with a lesser budget if being stagnant is our goal then we are fine. My question is when do we say enough is enough if we want to go to the next level. Just look at our previous resumes we have done more with less yes money also. So budgets is just an excuse IMO.
    I will take being stagnant if you define "stagnant" as being both currently and historically a top 20 program in the country [which we are]. We are also the only such program not currently in a so-called Power 5 conference. As to the whining about the strength [or lack thereof] of our conference, a higher percentage of Sun Belt schools received NCAA bids this year than either the Big 10 or the ACC, and the SBC had more teams in than any other Non-P5 conference. Our conference does NOT drag us down except relative to the SEC, the PAC 12 or the Big 12. Whether any of our fans want to admit it or not, the Sun Belt IS a power conference in softball, and it is improving every year.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I will take being stagnant if you define "stagnant" as being both currently and historically a top 20 program in the country [which we are]. We are also the only such program not currently in a so-called Power 5 conference. As to the whining about the strength [or lack thereof] of our conference, a higher percentage of Sun Belt schools received NCAA bids this year than either the Big 10 or the ACC, and the SBC had more teams in than any other Non-P5 conference. Our conference does NOT drag us down except relative to the SEC, the PAC 12 or the Big 12. Whether any of our fans want to admit it or not, the Sun Belt IS a power conference in softball, and it is improving every year.
    It is hard to argue with facts (but I know some will )!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    It is hard to argue with facts (but I know some will )!
    Here are a few more facts. There were 10 wins over Power 5 programs in the Regionals this year. Three of those were by Sun Belt Schools, two by AAC schools

11. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    why do you disagree with good hitting should eventually catch up with good pitching if they see it enough? from everything I have heard and seen, that is a accurate statement.

regardless of our schedule with p5's, do you agree with how we utilize our ace pitcher against Lsu given, as you say we wont get to host anymore and we are always sent to B.R.?
    Because you will never have enough consistent hitting 1-9 to counter a dominant pitcher, at least at the college level. Maybe at the pro level where Yankee type money can buy you hitting in maybe 6 spots.

Whatever comments you saw are inaccurate. I was there. I was sitting in the outfield where I could see every pitch go over the plate or not. I think the home plate umpires did a great job in all games calling balls and strikes. I think they were very fair, or, as fair as they could possibly be. Sure, there may have been a couple of calls that were outside of the strike zone that were called strikes, but, it was not an every pitch thing.

To try and blame the loss on the behind the plate umpire not being fair to both teams with the strike zone is just not right. It did not happen enough to affect the outcome of the game.

If you watched the games, it's very clear why the Cajuns are not moving on.

13. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Whatever comments you saw are inaccurate. I was there. I was sitting in the outfield where I could see every pitch go over the plate or not. I think the home plate umpires did a great job in all games calling balls and strikes. I think they were very fair, or, as fair as they could possibly be. Sure, there may have been a couple of calls that were outside of the strike zone that were called strikes, but, it was not an every pitch thing.

To try and blame the loss on the behind the plate umpire not being fair to both teams with the strike zone is just not right. It did not happen enough to affect the outcome of the game.

Louder for the people in the back.

14. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Come on man. You are making yourself look bitter with posts like this. I pull for UL but I am a realist. Nobody to blame but themselves for not getting it done in Game 2. Glasco and the team will tell you that. They wore out the LSU 2nd baseman with groundballs hit to her. Also, 5k's with 3 swinging and 2 called. They just didn't have their A game in Game 2. Glasco basically said that the team was too passive in his in-game interview with the ESPN announcing crew and that they needed to starting "hacking" away at Kilponen. Said that they were taking too many pitches. I was pulling like hell for UL to beat LSU because on paper, they matched up pretty evenly with LSU in my opinion. Just wasn't UL's day. Tip my hat to Summer and to her career. She is a hell of a softball player and is very deserving of all of the accolades and awards that she has garnered during her years at UL. John and Cherie are some fantastic people and I know they are proud of Summer and her accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post

I like hearing this. Makes yesterday’s loss a little easier to swallow.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information