Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Five runs is enough to beat LSU. It was not about the hitting. It was about the pitching.
    Maybe so, but you and I both know our clutch hitting wasn't umm very clutch this year. If we scored more runs it would have put a little more pressure on them.

2. Default ESPN 1420 UL Softball Falls to LSU in Regional Finals

The 2021 college season came to an end for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns on Sunday in an NCAA Regional.

Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Most people like Glasco including myself but still can’t believe he gave himself that “Regional Glasco” name. It’s gonna stick for a while.

Great season ladies!

Geaux Cajuns!
    When did he say that?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Very accurate post. Summer gave up nine earned runs over two innings. Considering LSU is, year after year, one of the worst hitting teams in the SEC, they did an excellent job of scouting Summer. I never expected they would light her up like they did. It's almost unexplainable.
    let me adjust my original comment a bit. I realize the importance of playing Lsu 2 games in the regular season, and I am not against it per say, but to the bigger picture, Coach has got to be ok, not happy, just ok with losing those games IF, yes IF it gets his pitching staff, and i mean 2 or 3 pitchers quality innings against that level competition. if we dont host and get pigeonholed to play in B.R. its no benefit to us if they have faced our ace for double digit innings before the regional starts. good hitting is suppose to eventually catch up with good pitching if they see it enough. suppose tohere is to hoping all the new young arms are as advertised and Coach is willing to let them grow on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    let me adjust my original comment a bit. I realize the importance of playing Lsu 2 games in the regular season, and I am not against it per say, but to the bigger picture, Coach has got to be ok, not happy, just ok with losing those games IF, yes IF it gets his pitching staff, and i mean 2 or 3 pitchers quality innings against that level competition. if we dont host and get pigeonholed to play in B.R. its no benefit to us if they have faced our ace for double digit innings before the regional starts. good hitting is suppose to eventually catch up with good pitching if they see it enough. suppose tohere is to hoping all the new young arms are as advertised and Coach is willing to let them grow on the fly.
    I disagree respectfully with your pitching versus hitting observations. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting. It will be almost impossible for us to host anymore unless we have a 2020 schedule for the future. The problem with the Cajuns is P5 teams for the most part are scared to come to Lafayette, and when we offer to go to there place they are still scared. Pac and Sec teams don't need the Cajuns like the Cajuns need them. There conference rpi and sos always carrys them. I would like to see us get a series with JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Why would think Mike or the other two previous coaches are the only people that can lead this program. I want Glasco to do what we are paying him to do which is more than winning the suck belt and losing regionals at SEC schools. Is that too much to ask the coach of a nationally ranked program.
    I agree Mike had to go but not sure Cajuns (or any team) will be able to find a hitting coach who can develop hitters the way he did year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I agree Mike had to go but not sure Cajuns (or any team) will be able to find a hitting coach who can develop hitters the way he did year after year.
    I didn't care for Mike as a person but I have to give him credit as he was in the top 5 as for as hitting coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Is David Erwin the home plate ump who has screwed us in the past?
    He definitely is, made the call at home on the tag by Lexie Comeaux. He wasn't even on the field for the first game. After we won, the SEC, er.NCAA, assigned him with his instructions. The worst and most unfair umpire anywhere. We didn't stand a chance with him behind the plate. It really is disgusting.

What sucks is we would have gone to Tallahassee and won 2.nice little payback for them bailing on us in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    When did he say that?
    Scott's show on 1420 last week.

Summer, Rawls and Dalton, the end of an era. All three class acts for sure. Thank you ladies for giving us so many good memories.

12. Default Re: WINNER TAKE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    LOL that's funny did we win the regional last year. Where can I find last year in the record books. We were starting belt play our RPI was going to drop we all know this stop with the charades. If everyone is pleased with what we have done the last five years then so be it I'm pleased too. At least I know we can win the belt fill up the trophy case. Seriously no one wants Glasco fired and I want make excuses for him. I feel what he has done is unexpectable to a top twenty five program. I have live through the Saints years of wait until next year we will be better. I give up I'm happy to be the belt regular season and tournament champion and LSU's ticket to the super regionals every year. I'll drink to that while renewing my basketball seats with no expectations of advancing past the first round of the conference tournament.
    No school in the country can do better than #1 out of conference RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What sucks is we would have gone to Tallahassee and won 2.nice little payback for them bailing on us in the regular season.
    They have bailed on us twice in recent years.

14. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 5, LSU 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    Congrats go out to these young Ladies for representing the University of Louisiana Ragin Cajuns so well! Thanks for another outstanding season!
    .Well one big advancement to see that we lost to LSUwe are Louisiana in ESPN score board resultsbtw what were we at BR??

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Well one big advancement to see that we lost to LSUwe are Louisiana in ESPN score board resultsbtw what were we at BR??
    UL-Lafayette on scoreboard.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information