Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deggs to A&M???

People Deggs to A&M???

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M will not renew baseball coach Rob Childress’ contract, the university announced on Sunday morning.

Childress was 622-336-3 at A&M while winning three Big 12 tournament titles, two Big 12 regular-season titles and an SEC tournament title.

I guarantee his name will come up in the search. Everyone is looking for a feel good story.

2. Default Re: Deggs to A&M???

The home team should never start the rumor. Especially with a regional run coming up.

jmo

Default Re: Deggs to A&M???

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The home team should never start the rumor. Especially with a regional run coming up.

jmo
    His name will come up in the search. What is the chance he would leave if offered? Just trying to get a pulse of what the Cajuns supporters think.

Right now real Cajun supporters think they have a fair chance to win the conference tournament. That is what is on their minds.

CajunVic

A&M will do like they did in football and go after a big name and throw an ungodly amount of $$$$ at them. Deggs is not going to A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    A&M will do like they did in football and go after a big name and throw an ungodly amount of $$$$ at them. Deggs is not going to A&M.
    Probably not but he may get an interview?

I’m sure he will be on the short list, but there’s probably other coaches from P5 conferences that they will be throwing money to.

I would look for a guy wearing purple to get the A&M job

Rainman66 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I think Schloss is a decent bet. Saarloos would need to be included in the deal, IMO.

We win the tournament, then Deggs gets a look. Replaced a legend here, shows he can at A&M.

Won’t be a package deal

We will not lose Deggs to aTm.

CajunVic

HOUCajun's Avatar HOUCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Sarloos is probably ready for his own gig. He is the good cop in the TCU relationship.

I like Deggs, but come on. Let's be real. He needs to do something at Louisiana before we have to worry about him being plucked away. He's had a season and a quarter here. I know he has a good history and proved he can get it done as the skipper at Sam Houston, but I doubt TAMU has him on the top of any list.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I like Deggs, but come on. Let's be real. He needs to do something at Louisiana before we have to worry about him being plucked away. He's had a season and a quarter here. I know he has a good history and proved he can get it done as the skipper at Sam Houston, but I doubt TAMU has him on the top of any list.
    He is on there list. Where on the list who knows.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information