Thread: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 1, George Washington 0

Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 1, George Washington 0

What's the tv situation today?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What's the tv situation today?
    Espn3

Default Re: SB vs George Washington

Very aware of that. In fact that was the first thing I looked at after the last bit of the game.

I think Kandra is more accustomed to throwing 120+ pitches in a game whereas we see summer throwing fewer than 100, usually.

I’ve been worried about Kandra’s Pitch counts for the better part of the season, but I think in this instance it might be to her benefit.

Last night might have been her best six innings this season. Under normal circumstances, she was probably gonna throw fewer than 90 pitches.

While I agree the results of last nights pitching was accidental, I would really consider employing it tonight.

Just my $.02.

4. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 1, George Washington 0

great insights by all about the pitch counts. what was the temperature and humidity during the game and what is expected today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Very aware of that. In fact that was the first thing I looked at after the last bit of the game.

I think Kandra is more accustomed to throwing 120+ pitches in a game whereas we see summer throwing fewer than 100, usually.

I’ve been worried about Kandra’s Pitch counts for the better part of the season, but I think in this instance it might be to her benefit.

Last night might have been her best six innings this season. Under normal circumstances, she was probably gonna throw fewer than 90 pitches.

While I agree the results of last nights pitching was accidental, I would really consider employing it tonight.

Just my $.02.
    Just curious what games did Lamb actually throw 120 plus pitches in this season?

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    We need those bats, I guarantee they will have theirs.
    What was interesting is despite going 10 2/3 innings before scoring the only run of the game, our hitters totaled just ONE strike out. You'd think it have been more.

There was some frustrating pop ups, but we also hit the ball pretty hard only to have some great plays in the field made by GW's defense. Their outfield made some good plays on well hit balls.

Hopefully we're making contact like that today, just in gaps and spaces where defenders can't get to the ball.

I think Glasco is looking to keep field off balance with switching pitchers. Lamb lasted 2 batting cycles last night, you bring in Summer, who has a different skill set. Kept GW off balance. I think he does the same thing today...

I’m pretty blind, but looking back at the schedule, I’m pretty sure she threw over 120 pitches for Troy, Texas State, UTA , and Oklahoma State.

Granted the Oklahoma State game she threw 8 innings.

Honestly, I was going off of memory and thought the number was much higher. But there were many games where she averaged 20 to 25 pitches per inning.

9. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 1, George Washington 0

Yesterday’s game and today’s game are two totally different games. His game plan appeared to be go with Kendra yesterday and keep Summer for today. Because the game was tied, he chose to use Summer yesterday as a team with great hitting stats were going to be seeing Kendra again late in the game. I would venture to say that when he put Summer in, nobody expected that game to go 4 extended innings. He used Summer and it worked. The lack of successful offense until the 11th inning yesterday should really change nothing for today unless and until the same thing happens today in regulation where he may be forced to adapt its Summer’s game.

Summer should pitch today and hope for a different result on the offensive side of the game for us. She is our Ace. While it would have been nice for Summer to not have pitched much yesterday, that is the small sample size in the analysis of the whole season and where Summer stands today. Because of Kendra, Summer is relatively fresh for this time of the year in the whole scheme of things.

Go win one today Cajuns!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    great insights by all about the pitch counts. what was the temperature and humidity during the game and what is expected today?
    Hot and humid today...wont be a factor...conditioning and staying hydrated...

Pitching doesn't concern me, it's the hitting. We haven't hit against good competition all year. And we couldn't hit GW pitching. LSU's two pitchers tomorrow will present a huge challenge.

12. Default Re: NCAA SB Final: Louisiana 1, George Washington 0

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Pitching doesn't concern me, it's the hitting. We haven't hit against good competition all year. And we couldn't hit GW pitching. LSU's two pitchers tomorrow will present a huge challenge.
    That is the single most reason why pitching may be so important.

Could be a game like this:

Louisiana 2
    Louisiana State 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yesterday’s game and today’s game are two totally different games. His game plan appeared to be go with Kendra yesterday and keep Summer for today. Because the game was tied, he chose to use Summer yesterday as a team with great hitting stats were going to be seeing Kendra again late in the game. I would venture to say that when he put Summer in, nobody expected that game to go 4 extended innings. He used Summer and it worked. The lack of successful offense until the 11th inning yesterday should really change nothing for today unless and until the same thing happens today in regulation where he may be forced to adapt its Summer’s game.

Summer should pitch today and hope for a different result on the offensive side of the game for us. She is our Ace. While it would have been nice for Summer to not have pitched much yesterday, that is the small sample size in the analysis of the whole season and where Summer stands today. Because of Kendra, Summer is relatively fresh for this time of the year in the whole scheme of things.

Go win one today Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Very nice and accurate post vic. Let me just add that Summer was brought in because it was a bunting situation and Summer is a much better fielder than Lamb. They bunted but luckily it was popped up to Piskos. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Should the Cajuns have won in 7 inning? Yes. Should we have scored more than one run? Yes. We did face a pitcher who had good numbers and had 3 different pitching styles. Her timing threw everyone off and high leg kickers like Talley, Rawls, etc timing is everything. We hit some balls hard just right at folks. The Cajuns will need to really find the holes and gaps today. Or over the wall would be nice. Geaux Cajuns.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information