Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New transfer for softball

1. UL Softball New transfer for softball

Jordyn Campbell from Texas a&m is transferring to UL and will have three seasons of eligibility. Seems to have great hitting stats. Thoughts?

Default Re: New transfer for softball

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Jordyn Campbell from Texas a&m is transferring to UL and will have three seasons of eligibility. Seems to have great hitting stats. Thoughts?
    Not sure about this. Then again, I'm not the coach. Kyleigh Sand was awesome preseason. I was thinking she was going to be the future shortstop.

I hope she becomes a studette. She had a decent first year batting .329 hitting only 2 hr with 70 at bats, but only .143 this year with much less playing time and only 1 hr. A change of scenery may be all that she needs to blossom into a perennial all star.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Not sure about this. Then again, I'm not the coach. Kyleigh Sand was awesome preseason. I was thinking she was going to be the future shortstop.
    I am not the coach but I think this will be the shortstop:

Alexa Langeliers
    IF | Keller, Texas | Keller High School
    Travel Team: Houston Hotshots Premier-Dumezich
    Extra Inning Softball Rank: No. 48

- Was a standout performer right away on the prep scene, hitting .522 as a freshman in 2018 to earn Dallas/Fort Worth Newcomer of the Year. Also named the district's Utility Player of the Year.
    - Followed up with a .492 average and 44 RBI during her sophomore campaign. Posted 61 total hits, fifth-most recorded in Keller High School's history, which included 11 doubles, nine triples and five home runs.
    - Sister of Shea Langeliers who was selected ninth overall by the Atlanta Braves in the 2019 MLB Draft.

Glasco's Point of View
    "Alexa is a complete player who can hit for average, and also has tremendous power. Her speed allows her to be a great asset on both the offensive and defensive sides of the game. She has been of the most feared hitters in the country over the past few summers."

Well be going from a very veteran team, to a very young team. Should be fun to see how it all unfolds.

What great stats did she have?

Isn't Campbell a right fielder?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Isn't Campbell a right fielder?
    Played shortstop all four years in high school. Was listed as an infielder on Texas A&M's 2020 roster. Don't forget about the transfer from, I think South America, who never made it here because of covid. She's supposed to be a stud.

Played shortstop all four years in high school. Was listed as an infielder on Texas A&M's 2020 roster. Don't forget about the transfer from, I think South America, who never made it here because of covid. She's supposed to be a stud.

Sao Paulo, Brazil native Rebeca Laudino. She has tremendous speed, the ability to get on base with the short game, as well as drive the ball through the gap. Is she still coming? Do you think she will translate to major D1 softball?

Sao Paulo, Brazil native Rebeca Laudino. She has tremendous speed, the ability to get on base with the short game, as well as drive the ball through the gap. Is she still coming? Do you think she will translate to major D1 softball?
    First, she has to get here. Not sure if she will be with the team next year. Secondly, she will have to work to get where she needs to be. See Frankie Izard.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Any update on whether or not Izard’s injury was career ending? Would really like to see make a full recovery and see her as a Ragin’ Cajun next season!
    She should be able to recover.

I was told today that this kid is super excited to be a Ragin Cajun. Looking forward to her next 3 years.

13. Default Re: New transfer for softball

Rebecca played for her Florida team this Spring. I read where she made All American in her division. In the article, it says she will be a Ragin Cajun in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Rebecca played for her Florida team this Spring. I read where she made All American in her division. In the article, it says she will be a Ragin Cajun in 2022.
    If she makes it here, it will be interesting to see if her skills adjust with the jump in competition.

If she makes it here, it will be interesting to see if her skills adjust with the jump in competition.
    She played this spring in Florida, so I'm not certain there will be any problems with her Visa. Unless there are some problems with some of here credits from NWFLA being accepted by Admissions, she should have no problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information