Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baton Rouge Weather Forecast

UL Softball Baton Rouge Weather Forecast

Depending on what site you look at, the forecast for the next 5 days is not that promising.

One site has rain 70% on Friday, 90% Saturday, 100% Sunday, 90% Monday.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=baton+...ANNTA1&PC=U531

Another has 90% on Friday, followed by 20% the next 2 days and 10% there after.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us...na/baton-rouge

I believe this happened before where the games could not be played and the host team was automatically awarded the champion of the regional. Is this still the case? I hope they can play the games out, even if it has to go until Monday or Tuesday.

Default Re: Baton Rouge Weather Forecast

My forecast looks good for sat and sun. But field conditions could be an issue, and if the fields not in championship shape then......

I think we have the best draw to win as a 2 seed, but the worst draw to get screwed out of a regional.

If they tournament can't be played LSU would advance. Dear lord please don't let them get a bye into the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If they tournament can't be played LSU would advance. Dear lord please don't let them get a bye into the next round.
    I would hope the NCAA does the same at the Southland Conference tournament. With the weather, they moved the game to St Thomas Aquinas. Find the nearest turf field and play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I would hope the NCAA does the same at the Southland Conference tournament. With the weather, they moved the game to St Thomas Aquinas. Find the nearest turf field and play ball.
    I hope they move it if needed. We cant have 2 seasons ripped away from us. Move it to Mississippi State or Ole Miss if needed.

I don't recall that ever happening. But there have been weather issues at Tiger Park. The Cajuns played one game there that ended at like 12:00 midnight

7. Default Re: Baton Rouge Weather Forecast

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I don't recall that ever happening. But there have been weather issues at Tiger Park. The Cajuns played one game there that ended at like 12:00 midnight
    ......So what Coastal did with Carona in FB they can do to SB with the weather.....no play and keep ratings/ no play and advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......So what Coastal did with Carona in FB they can do to SB with the weather.....no play and keep ratings/ no play and advance!
    NCAA did just that last week at the girls golf regional in BR. Whole thing rained out and top 6 teams advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If the Host site cant provide a playing surface they should be automatically disqualified just like high school sports

If it can't be held in BR then move it to the next seed, (#2) park and play if need be between squalls until it's over. Easy decision for the NCAA.

11. Default Re: Baton Rouge Weather Forecast

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    If it can't be held in BR then move it to the next seed, (#2) park and play if need be between squalls until it's over. Easy decision for the NCAA.
    You would think so, but we all know that wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Especially since it's just an easy bus ride between the 2 sites.

This year there were 20 sites vetted; it will have to be at one of those sites if it is held.

UNLESS the powers at the ncaa come to like UL!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    LOL. This is the NCAA and A&M BR we're talking about. Don't think fairness would be considered when the SEC is involved.

I keep wondering how a woke organization like the NCAA can hold any sort of female post season event at that school just based on their Title IX and sexual conduct issues. Any other school would be burned to the ground...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information