Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

UL Softball SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Who would you guys pitch in game one of the regionals? GW has 8 regulars hitting over 300. They have two good pitchers, one is 21-8, with a 1.72 era, and the other is 14-1, with a 1.86 era. The 21-8 pitcher is also a good hitter with a 408 avg, 7 hr and 14 steals. There top hitter is hitting 414, 17 hrs, and 51 rbi. There schedule looks weak and I doubt they have faced anyone on Lamb or Summers level yet.

2. Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

I would start Summer and hope we can generate some offense early. If we get some runs on the board then put Lamb in and hope she can complete the game.

Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

I think their No. 1 pitcher pitched all 4 games in the A10 tournament. They lost their first game and had to win 3 in a row to take the title. They have a senior laden team, but it's their first time in the NCAA's so they have that to deal with. They played a very weak schedule. Only P5 was Virginia and they got swept by a bad Virginia team.

I would decide which pitcher is best against the tiggers and start the other against GW. If Kandra doesn't figure some things out this week, we will see a lot of Summer in all of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I would start Summer and hope we can generate some offense early. If we get some runs on the board then put Lamb in and hope she can complete the game.
    I like that approach too.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think their No. 1 pitcher pitched all 4 games in the A10 tournament. They lost their first game and had to win 3 in a row to take the title. They have a senior laden team, but it's their first time in the NCAA's so they have that to deal with. They played a very weak schedule. Only P5 was Virginia and they got swept by a bad Virginia team.

I would decide which pitcher is best against the tiggers and start the other against GW. If Kandra doesn't figure some things out this week, we will see a lot of Summer in all of the games.
    Can you elaborate on what Kandra needs to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who would you guys pitch in game one of the regionals? GW has 8 regulars hitting over 300. They have two good pitchers, one is 21-8, with a 1.72 era, and the other is 14-1, with a 1.86 era. The 21-8 pitcher is also a good hitter with a 408 avg, 7 hr and 14 steals. There top hitter is hitting 414, 17 hrs, and 51 rbi. There schedule looks weak and I doubt they have faced anyone on Lamb or Summers level yet.
    They really haven't played anybody. I would start Lamb, probably doesn't matter. Surprised that McNeese isn't the 3 seed.

I would start Summer and hopefully we score a lot of runs quick and then let the bullpen take over without using Lamb. Start Lamb in game 2 and bring in Summer if we get in a bind.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Can you elaborate on what Kandra needs to figure out?
    Not SlickRick here, but from the conversation we have had he is worried about the high pitch counts early in the game and I am also a little worried about that. Lamb will be ok as long as she can throw first pitch strikes and get ahead of the batters. SlickRick and I both have faith in Lamb.

9. Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Not SlickRick here, but from the conversation we have had he is worried about the high pitch counts early in the game and I am also a little worried about that. Lamb will be ok as long as he can throw first pitch strikes and get ahead of the batters. SlickRick and I both have faith in Lamb.
    She, I hope she can have many first pitch strikes whenever her number is called this weekend.

I’m going against the grain it looks like, but my first thought is he would start Lamb in Game 1. I trust Kandra can get it done & while I’m not sleeping on GW, I’d want Summer fresh for the rest of the weekend. I’m making a blind guess because I have no idea what the GW team looks like. Gerry likes to play match ups so in the end he’s gonna go with whichever pitcher matches best. There’s also a reason I’m not the coach lol #GeauxCajuns

11. Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    They really haven't played anybody. I would start Lamb, probably doesn't matter. Surprised that McNeese isn't the 3 seed.
    While I agree that there is a decent chance that McNeese is the better team, the selection committee would not have awarded McNeese the #3 seed on RPI differential alone (31 vs. 79) ... even if they truly understood how extra flaky the RPI is this year due to limited and at times zero connectivity.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mun_RaginCajuns View Post
    I’m going against the grain it looks like, but my first thought is he would start Lamb in Game 1. I trust Kandra can get it done & while I’m not sleeping on GW, I’d want Summer fresh for the rest of the weekend. I’m making a blind guess because I have no idea what the GW team looks like. Gerry likes to play match ups so in the end he’s gonna go with whichever pitcher matches best. There’s also a reason I’m not the coach lol #GeauxCajuns
    We need to get you on air as a softball analyst! On another note I learned a long time ago to never save a pitcher for another game in a double elimination tournament. Game 1 is a must win so you have to open with your best. In post 1 I gave a little over view of there team, but I feel there numbers are inflated due to playing weak competition.

We need to get you on air as a softball analyst! On another note I learned a long time ago to never save a pitcher for another game in a double elimination tournament. Game 1 is a must win so you have to open with your best. In post 1 I gave a little over view of there team, but I feel there numbers are inflated due to playing weak competition.
    I just looked quickly at their schedule & they have early season losses to JMU, Villanova, UMBC, & Virginia. Those first 3 are all in the tourney and I'm guessing JMU is the best competition they've played. In my mind we should win against GW as long as we take care of business no matter who we throw. You're right game 1 is a must win but I know how hard McNeese played us & LSU this season. They hung around with several other top teams this year, it is crazy that they got the 4 seed. I won't try to figure out the logic used by the committee because there is none. MSU hung around in games vs. us, Texas, Arkansas (taking 1 game & losing another in 14 innings), & an 8 inning 1 run loss to Florida- I didn't even recognize half of the teams GW played. We need Kandra & Summer to pitch well for us regardless and our offense needs to be like our #3 pitcher putting up a bunch of runs!

I say start summer and pull her early if Cajuns get a decent lead. Due to the lack of “quality” pitching depth, who we KNOW can shut down a top 10 team, it is crucial Cajuns stay in the winner’s bracket of this regional.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I love watching Lamb pitch. I just wish she could keep her counts down and stop giving up the obligatory Homer's each game. And where's Mike Robert's? Remember that pitching coach we used to have?
    I think you may have Lamb confused with Summer as for giving up the obligatory home run. It's Summer, not Lamb, who has given up a home run in each of the last five games. Three of those home runs were in the first inning. I know Summer is a great pitcher. I'm just wondering if she needs to change something up in warm ups before she starts a game.

The not so great stat is that Kandra has given up 16 home runs this year and Summer has given up 15. I hope they're both able to not give up any this weekend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information