Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Well, GERRY has never won a regional in BR so maybe time to switch MO’s?
    Well let's see.

1 - He's coached two full seasons, with two Regional appearances. Lost to the host seed in the IF championship game both times.

2 - He's only been to one BR Regional, his first season where he took over a depleted team that the previous coach tried to burn down on his way out, pretty much down to the IF game vs. LSU.

We should probably at least allow this second visit to a BR Regional to play out before we say his "MO" doesn't work.

ETA: I did see your reply below the above quoted comment. Maybe he does need to ride an ace for a whole Regional and see how it goes, but I'm more than willing to sit and see if second time around his strategy can work. In the past years (last season, which was cut short, being the exception), we've only had one real post-season starter to ride.

On paper, this is the best draw the Cajuns have ever gotten. We can make it to the WCWS without ever facing a team ranked higher than an over rated #8. What ever happens, we can't say we got a bad draw. Geaux Cajuns

The Atlantic 10 champion is almost always a 4 seed. The fact GW is a 3 tells me they are probably better than some of us think.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    On paper, this is the best draw the Cajuns have ever gotten. We can make it to the WCWS without ever facing a team ranked higher than an over rated #8. What ever happens, we can't say we got a bad draw. Geaux Cajuns
    Yep especially when you take into consideration that OU, Oregon, Clemson, & Washington all got a raw deal imo. I said this on a different forum but the #1 seeding to OU was basically a backhanded compliment. The committee was like sure we’ll give you the highest seed but just know we secretly believe the narrative that you’re untested. We can’t justify NOT giving you #1, so if you really wanna get to OKC you gotta get through Gabbie Plain. Oregon to Texas is purely for the drama/storyline. And I think Clemson earned a host spot as the ACC regular season champ.

Even better we have no lofty outside expectations on us because we aren’t a national seed. We get to go to BR & possibly upset the bayou kittens! Every possible team we could face is a team that we can beat if we play a clean game (no errors, decent pitching & hit the ball). GEAUX CAJUNS BTHO EVERYBODY

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    This post is spot on. The Cajuns could have not asked for a better scenario. I've got to think LSU will throw Kilponen against the Cajuns. My question is, will Glasco try to play gorilla ball against her or play small ball and put pressure on LSU's defense, which in my opinion, is not that good?

If you don't know, Kilponen has a difficult time throwing the ball to first base. I say bunt it towards her a number of times and see if she can make the play.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    This post is spot on. The Cajuns could have not asked for a better scenario. I've got to think LSU will throw Kilponen against the Cajuns. My question is, will Glasco try to play gorilla ball against her or play small ball and put pressure on LSU's defense, which in my opinion, is not that good?

If you don't know, Kilponen has a difficult time throwing the ball to first base. I say bunt it towards her a number of times and see if she can make the play.
    They do have to make it past McNeese first but I would definitely apply pressure to the defense very early & see if they can defend against small ball. Cajuns have the advantage of speed + power so mid-game adjustments to the plan can be made. I also agree with you that Kilponen has been their ace for the past few games so yeah force them to make plays. They have really struggled with finding a catcher to get the job done which is also beneficial to a team that’s aggressive on the bases

Quote Originally Posted by mun_RaginCajuns View Post
    They do have to make it past McNeese first but I would definitely apply pressure to the defense very early & see if they can defend against small ball. Cajuns have the advantage of speed + power so mid-game adjustments to the plan can be made. I also agree with you that Kilponen has been their ace for the past few games so yeah force them to make plays. They have really struggled with finding a catcher to get the job done which is also beneficial to a team that’s aggressive on the bases
    We have been good in the field lately, but for the most part we haven't been that good defending the bunt.

8. Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We have been good in the field lately, but for the most part we haven't been that good defending the bunt.
    We should not have to defend the bunt when we are the team bunting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information