Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not SlickRick here, but from the conversation we have had he is worried about the high pitch counts early in the game and I am also a little worried about that. Lamb will be ok as long as she can throw first pitch strikes and get ahead of the batters. SlickRick and I both have faith in Lamb.
    Summer, being a seasoned veteran, adjusts to the strike zone quickly. Kandra doesn't. If the strike zone is in her wheelhouse, she'll do just fine and even dominate.

Gerry had been very quick with the hook these last few games because he recognizes when pitching is not producing what he wants to see. If our offense stays hot, I think we can pitch any of our top 4 pitchers and beat GW. Think he'll start Kandra, but with a quick hook.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Summer, being a seasoned veteran, adjusts to the strike zone quickly. Kandra doesn't. If the strike zone is in her wheelhouse, she'll do just fine and even dominate.

Jerry had been very quick with the hook these last few games because he recognizes when pitching is not producing what he wants to see. If our offense stays hot, I think we can pitch any of our top 4 pitchers and beat GW. Think he'll stay Kandra, but with a quick .
    Have to disagree with last statement. I hope that I am wrong but the only way I see this Cajun softball team coming out of BR and getting to play in a Super Regional is by riding summer the whole way through…similar to the way Wallace dominated the BR regional several years ago…I don’t think Wallace gave up an earned run the whole regional. That is what is needed by Summer during her last hoo-rah playing as a Ragin’ Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Have to disagree with last statement. I hope that I am wrong but the only way way I see this Cajun softball team coming out of BR Regional is by riding summer…similar to the way Wallace dominated the BR regional several years ago…I don’t think Wallace gave up an earned run the whole regional. That is what is needed by Summer during her last hoo-rah is playing Cajun softball.
    That's definitely one way to do it, but that doesn't fit Gerry's MO. Summer loses steam in the late innings too.

Well, GERRY has never won a regional in BR so maybe time to switch MO’s?

Have to disagree with last statement. I hope that I am wrong but the only way I see this Cajun softball team coming out of BR and getting to play in a Super Regional is by riding summer the whole way through…similar to the way Wallace dominated the BR regional several years ago…I don’t think Wallace gave up an earned run the whole regional. That is what is needed by Summer during her last hoo-rah playing as a Ragin’ Cajun.
    I think Lamb will be on point.

Well, GERRY has never won a regional in BR so maybe time to switch MO’s?
    To be fair he has only been to one regional in BR and was screwed on a play at the plate that Comeaux made. The umpire blew it.

Also, I am confident that Summer has pitched herself into shape late in the season. She can shut down the teams in this regional for 3 x games.

To be fair he has only been to one regional in BR and was screwed on a play at the plate that Comeaux made. The umpire blew it.
    Agree 100%

Also, I am confident that Dummer has pitched herself into shape late in the season. She can shut down the teams in this regional for 3 x games.
    Dummer?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

Jerry had been very quick with the hook these last few games because he recognizes when pitching is not producing what he wants to see. If our offense stays hot, I think we can pitch any of our top 4 pitchers and beat GW. Think he'll start Kandra, but with a quick hook.
    I would definitely not take GW lighty.

Dummer?
    Obviously a typo that was corrected as soon as I realized the mistake I made and likely at same time that you quoted me. If that is your answer to what has been a productive conversation up until your last post then I guess we are down here.

If you are a regular on RP you would know I would never disrespect a student athlete with middle school name calling.

By the way…are you ALWAys on RP? If so, good for you. I livein AK and typically have to wait until the next morning to see replies to my posts being 3 hours behind Central time. Getting a reply that fast at 11:30 p.m. central time is pretty uncommon.

Obviously a typo that was corrected as soon as I realized the mistake and likely at same time that you quoted me. If that is your answer to what has been a productive conversation up until your last post then I guess we are down here.

If you are a regular on RP you would know I would never disrespect a student athlete.
    I read it as you was calling someone dumb. I see now that you meant Summer. No harm. I know you wouldnt disrespect someone thats why it caught me by surprise and I ask you about it. All good.

I read it as you was calling someone dumb. I see now that you meant Summer. No harm. I know you wouldnt disrespect someone thats why it caught me by surprise and I ask you about it. All good.
    All good!

GEAUX CAJUNS! Wish I could be there in person but will definitely be cheering from my living room!

Obviously a typo that was corrected as soon as I realized the mistake I made and likely at same time that you quoted me. If that is your answer to what has been a productive conversation up until your last post then I guess we are down here.

If you are a regular on RP you would know I would never disrespect a student athlete with middle school name calling.

By the way…are you ALWAys on RP? If so, good for you. I livein AK and typically have to wait until the next morning to see replies to my posts being 3 hours behind Central time. Getting a reply that fast at 11:30 p.m. central time is pretty uncommon.
    Bad weather here in SW LA. Power out so online waiting for power to return on so we can all hit the sack.

Bad weather here in SW LA. Power out so online waiting for power to return on so we can all hit the sack.
    Stay safe. Praying from you all down South…along with my family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information