Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Final Week of Sun Belt Play

1. Default Re: Final Week of Sun Belt Play

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Warrennolan has the sunbelt ranked 10. Not great but miles ahead of basketball!!
    .Are the baseball and softball tourneys double elimination?

Default Re: UL baseball faces tough pitching decisions this week with Sun Belt tourney looming

Things could get turned upside down if we don't play on Thursday because of weather.

Default Re: UL baseball faces tough pitching decisions this week with Sun Belt tourney looming

Assuming weather does not allow us to play on Thursday. Why could we not play two on Saturday or Friday for that matter. Day night doubleheader on Friday is something that could be considered. I understand not playing on Sunday with tournament starting Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Assuming weather does not allow us to play on Thursday. Why could we not play two on Saturday or Friday for that matter. Day night doubleheader on Friday is something that could be considered. I understand not playing on Sunday with tournament starting Tuesday.
    I am sure that is the plan, Mike. I think Jay's post is more about pushing the pitching back another day will create new problems or challenges. I will ask Coach about it today.

5. UL Baseball Baseball Hosts Troy for Senior Weekend

The Louisiana Baseball team is set to host Troy for the final weekend of the regular season. The Ragin' Cajuns are still in the hunt for a Sun Belt Conference West Division title.

6. UL Baseball Possibilities remain plentiful for Cajuns entering final Sun Belt weekend of regular season

The description of the many uneasy decisions his coaching staff has to make this weekend was clear in the assessment delivered by UL coach Matt Deggs.

“It’s not checkers anymore, it’s chess,” Deggs said in discussing all the many obstacles and ramifications surrounding the final Sun Belt Conference weekend series against Troy beginning 6 p.m. Thursday at Russo Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I am sure that is the plan, Mike. I think Jay's post is more about pushing the pitching back another day will create new problems or challenges. I will ask Coach about it today.
    Regarding pitching, a doubleheader on Friday or Saturday will not be a big factor if we finish 1st or second as we don't play until Wednesday if first or Thursday if 2nd. However, the pitching issue makes me think playing 2 on Friday is preferable to 2 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Regarding pitching, a doubleheader on Friday or Saturday will not be a big factor if we finish 1st or second as we don't play until Wednesday if first or Thursday if 2nd. However, the pitching issue makes me think playing 2 on Friday is preferable to 2 on Saturday.
    Coach said it would probably be a doubleheader on Friday. I told him that I prefer Friday so I can leave work early. He smiled and said he would take that into consideration. If we can't play tomorrow night, it will likely be a doubleheader on Friday.

Coach said it would probably be a doubleheader on Friday. I told him that I prefer Friday so I can leave work early. He smiled and said he would take that into consideration. If we can't play tomorrow night, it will likely be a doubleheader on Friday.
    I may join you for the doubleheader; drinks are TBD!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I may join you for the doubleheader; drinks are TBD!
    Come on, let me know if you need tickets.

If it's a doubleheader tomorrow, I would assume Game 1 would start at 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    If it's a doubleheader tomorrow, I would assume Game 1 would start at 2 or 3?
    Correct, probably 2, but that could change based on the weather tomorrow. I do not see how we play tonight, but I have been wrong before.

Correct, probably 2, but that could change based on the weather tomorrow. I do not see how we play tonight, but I have been wrong before.
    I've seen that there's forecasts of more rain this afternoon, but we all know that the forecast can change on the fly in this area. With our luck, they'll postpone tonight; and we would get no rain LOL.

Well, I think they'll do everything they can to play tonight, even if it means playing at 9:00. I don't have any inside info. I just believe it's important to play the games in order.

15. Default Re: UL baseball faces tough pitching decisions this week with Sun Belt tourney looming

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I've seen that there's forecasts of more rain this afternoon, but we all know that the forecast can change on the fly in this area. With our luck, they'll postpone tonight; and we would get no rain LOL.
    What did Rob Perrillo so, whatever he said it will be the opposite.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information