Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Given the bias against Louisiana in just about all things related to athletics, if FSU and Louisiana win their regional, the super will be at FSU.

2. Default Re: SB regional projections

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    PS - he has posted twice on the issue and still not answered if he believes we may play in BR.
    I did address this. In my original response.

"But if neither LSU nor Florida State advances, it may be predetermined that LSU must host the super regional."

What I addressed in my last post was your question "what is there in that language to prohibit the committee from making FS travel to play Louisiana at BR?".

Brian

3. Default Re: SB regional projections

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I did address this. In my original response.
    "But if neither LSU nor Florida State advances, it may be predetermined that LSU must host the super regional."

What I addressed in my last post was your question "what is there in that language to prohibit the committee from making FS travel to play Louisiana at BR?".

Brian
    You stated that if LSU and FS both failed to advance, it would be played in BR.

Show me where you said that if Louisiana and FS advance, that Super may/will be played in BR?

Do you believe they will go with BR because we basically replace the 7 or with FS because they are the highest seed remaining?

4. Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

I think we were talking about super regional sites.

In the event Louisiana and FS prevail in the regionals they are in, I believe that the committee should send FS to BR to play Louisiana as Louisiana will have unseated the committee’s no. 7 seed.

I think we were talking about super regional sites.

In the event Louisiana and FS prevail in the regionals they are in, I believe that the committee should send FS to BR to play Louisiana as Louisiana will have unseated the committee’s no. 7 seed.
    I agree, but it remains to be seen what will actually happen. First things first we want the Cajuns to win and we don't want FSU to win. Then I think for sure the game will be played in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    That is correct and you probably don't know why they were 0-2 against LSU. Do you? The Cajuns lost two of their top players in Raina O'Neil and Taylor Roman the game before. The team was devastated and not in the right frame of mind. Yeah and they lost two other games to SEC teams. One team that is, Alabama.

You really sound like an LSU fan and not a UL fan. Go Cajuns.
    Well, you sound like an....but I regress. I am as true a Cajun fan as they come. So you can kiss my Vermillion red .... I simply stated a fact and also stated I can't recall the last time that we had ever gone 0 for against the SEC in a season. Yes, I know we had lost two of our top players, but you sound like you are the one making an excuse for why we lost. And what is your excuse for losing two to Alabama.....If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And this team has done that over the years on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Well, you sound like an....but I regress. I am as true a Cajun fan as they come. So you can kiss my Vermillion red .... I simply stated a fact and also stated I can't recall the last time that we had ever gone 0 for against the SEC in a season. Yes, I know we had lost two of our top players, but you sound like you are the one making an excuse for why we lost. And what is your excuse for losing two to Alabama.....If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And this team has done that over the years on a consistent basis.
    We still didn't have those two players against Bama. We probably should have won one of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We still didn't have those two players against Bama. We probably should have won one of those games.
    I think this is the first time I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I think this is the first time I agree with you.
    This is not a dig at you as for the record I have nothing against you. I probably know of you without realizing who you are. With that being said it really doesn't bother me if people agree or don't agree with me. I post facts and a few posters can't handle it or don't like it (For some reason there are a few with a lot of jealousy on both boards). But hey it is what it is. Sometimes I will post my views when others ask me what I would do or what I think. At the end of the day this is a message board only and I sure ain't losing sleep over what someone posted or what someone thinks of my post. GEAUX CAJUNS and WIN THE BR REGIONALS.

I was watching the Bama game when Claire Jenkins went down & S. Carolina/Auburn they lost Cayla Drotar & Justus Perry respectively. Both times the analyst, who played D1 softball talked about the emotional toll it takes to see that happen to your teammate. We were missing key players in the series against LSU & Bama. We definitely shouldn’t use that as the excuse for losing but to dismiss that as not impacting the game at all is asinine. It also seems like there was another internal issue occurring around the Bama series. We should have taken at least one game in each of those series, yes. But you learn from your losses & move forward. It’s easy to look at the games we’ve lost & want to focus on that. But what I find to be a bigger deal is that we’ve lost as many starting players as we have & we continued to hold on to our conference series win streak. For the most part we’ve won the games we were supposed to win. We now have a shot at redemption in the BR regional. Let’s let our play talk then. #GeauxCajuns

11. Default Re: SB regional projections

You stated that if LSU and FS both failed to advance, it would be played in BR.
    Yes. Though technically it could be played at Florida State as well, based on the information that has been provided to this point.

Show me where you said that if Louisiana and FS advance, that Super may/will be played in BR?
    I intentionally did not say that. I speculated that if the above happened, it would be played at FSU ... because they are announcing the super regional host sites after the regional winners are determined. Else, they would have already said that the top eight seeds will host super regionals regardless of regional winners ... and we know that the super regional host sites will come from the 16 selected host sites.

"It also may be the case that if LSU does not advance and Florida State does, the super regional may take place at Florida State. But if neither LSU nor Florida State advances, it may be predetermined that LSU must host the super regional."

Do you believe they will go with BR because we basically replace the 7 or with FS because they are the highest seed remaining?
    With Florida State, not because they are the highest seed remaining ... but because they are one of the 16 selected host sites (super regional host sites must come from these 16) and LSU would be out (see above).

Brian

12. Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I agree, but it remains to be seen what will actually happen. First things first we want the Cajuns to win and we don't want FSU to win. Then I think for sure the game will be played in LA.
    If Florida State and Louisiana advanced ... and the supers were in Baton Rouge ... in what other scenario would the super regionals not be in Baton Rouge?

And if the super regionals are hosted by LSU in every scenario, why would the NCAA state that the super regional hosts would come from the list of the 16 selected regional host sites ... but not announce the super regional host sites until after the regional winners are determined? If LSU is hosting the super regional in every scenario, they would make the super regional host sites clear now. But it makes sense that they would allow for a non top eight national seed to host a super if that non top eight national seed advances from their regional and the top eight national seed to which they are paired does not advance.

I am not saying that the NCAA did not screw up their memorandum, providing misleading information. But if we believe the memorandum to be true, it is possible that Florida State can host the super regional. And that possibility would come to fruition if Florida State advanced from their region and LSU did not advance from their respective regional ... and Florida State bid for a super regional.

Brian

13. Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If Florida State and Louisiana advanced ... and the supers were in Baton Rouge ... in what other scenario would the super regionals not be in Baton Rouge?

And if the super regionals are hosted by LSU in every scenario, why would the NCAA state that the super regional hosts would come from the list of the 16 selected regional host sites ... but not announce the super regional host sites until after the regional winners are determined? If LSU is hosting the super regional in every scenario, they would make the super regional host sites clear now. But it makes sense that they would allow for a non top eight national seed to host a super if that non top eight national seed advances from their regional and the top eight national seed to which they are paired does not advance.

I am not saying that the NCAA did not screw up their memorandum, providing misleading information. But if we believe the memorandum to be true, it is possible that Florida State can host the super regional.

Brian
    Let’s say George Washington comes out of BR. In that instance it would make no sense to make both FS and GW travel a far distance to BR and in that instance use FS for the super.

14. Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Makes sense

15. Default Re: SB Louisiana to the BR Regional

Let’s say George Washington comes out of BR. In that instance it would make no since to make both FS and GW travel a far distance to BR and in that instance use FS for the super.
    Using similar logic ... if Florida State and Louisiana advance, you only have one team that needs to travel if you hold it at Florida State. This would be quite inconsistent to the above, otherwise. Meanwhile, you have the added benefit of rewarding the national seed.

Brian

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information