Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SBC SB Tournament Championship LA 15, SA 3

1. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

End of 5
    Final

LA 15
    SA 03

Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship LA 15, SA 3

Well 3 of the Softball teams goals have been accomplished. The other goals are still there.

Congrats on being conference and conference tournament champs.

Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am telling you there is no advantage to us or South Alabama if we or them are the home or away team. What advantage would we have today batting last versus batting first? None.
    That's not the point. We should be home team. Unbeaten, no. 1 seed.

That was one of the most impressive wins I've seenfrom our makor power program!

5. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship LA 15, SA 3

But can we play this way in regionals? Fingers crossed we do.

6. Default ESPN 1420 UL Softball Wins SBC Tournament With Victory Over South Alabama

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are once again Sun Belt Conference Tournament champions.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That's not the point. We should be home team. Unbeaten, no. 1 seed.
    We were visitors today because we were the home team against South AL on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    But can we play this way in regionals? Fingers crossed we do.
    Thats the plan. Play fast and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    On post #8 you were questioning why we didn't have the home advantage today, now your saying there is no advantage because we are winning.
    Read the question again. I simply asked why the #1 seed wasn't the home team. We had not been the home team the day before against UTA either. So they were now the visiting team two games in a row.
    I will admit that it doesn't matter when you bat when you are definitely the more dominant team, but the higher seeded team should be the home team. They earned that.

10. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship LA 15, SA 3

You always want to be the home team.

After years of playing ball the home team always has a psychological advantage.

Lotief had other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Read the question again. I simply asked why the #1 seed wasn't the home team. We had not been the home team the day before against UTA either. So they were now the visiting team two games in a row.
    I will admit that it doesn't matter when you bat when you are definitely the more dominant team, but the higher seeded team should be the home team. They earned that.
    I will clear it up for you. Thursday we were the home team against S AL. We played them again today and it was there turn to be the home team. We have to follow the rules and in turn they make the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You always want to be the home team.

After years of playing ball the home team always has a psychological advantage.

Lotief had other ideas.
    After we scored 5 runs in the T1 I think we had the psychological advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I read it again. You asked why we didn't have the home team ADVANTAGE. Your words not mind. I asked you to clarify advantage and you never could, besides saying the home team has advantages and they bat last. Neither team was at home. You didn't ask simply why we weren't the home team due to being the 1 seed. No need to keep trying to prove any of our points. The Cajuns looked good today and I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Because the Sun Belt Conference and other commie NCAA conference thinks it is fair to let everyone have a shot at being the home team. The top seed should ALWAYS be the home team.
    This shouldn't be a given. The #1 seed should have the CHOICE of whether they want to be home or visiting team. There were teams I played on and coached that were better off being the visitor for different reasons.

I agree with your point though that the #1 seed has earned the right to choose their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    This shouldn't be a given. The #1 seed should have the CHOICE of whether they want to be home or visiting team. There were teams I played on and coached that were better off being the visitor for different reasons.

I agree with your point though that the #1 seed has earned the right to choose their preference.
    The Cajuns would have been the home team if they were playing a team they haven't played yet or a team that they played already but the first time they were the visitors. We can't be the home team twice against the same team. Sun belt rules.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information