Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SBC SB Tournament Championship LA 15, SA 3

Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Always an advantage to bat last in the inning. If it wasn't, then why do teams always bat last when they play at home? If there wasn't an advantage, then every game would start with a coin toss to see who is the home team and who is the visitor.
    Give me one advantage to us batting last today?

Always an advantage to bat last in the inning. If it wasn't, then why do teams always bat last when they play at home? If there wasn't an advantage, then every game would start with a coin toss to see who is the home team and who is the visitor.
    Not true. Some coaches actually prefer to bat first because they feel that if they score a few runs then it applies pressure immediately.

3. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

End of 2

LA 05
    SA 01

4. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

LA 07
    SA 01

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not true. Some coaches actually prefer to bat first because they feel that if they score a few runs then it applies pressure immediately.
    Then I ask you again, then why does every home team in all of baseball and softball always bat last? There is a definite psychological advantage. Regardless of what "some coaches actually prefer". Some does not make a majority. If it didn't matter, then again, there would be a coin toss, like in football, to see who has the choice of receiving or kicking off, who would bat first or last? But there is not a coin toss in softball or baseball.

Coach Lotief was the only coach I know that preferred to bat first.

6. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

LA 09
    SA 01

We we watching a star right before our eyes PISKOS.

8. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

We we watching a star right before our eyes PISKOS.
    She is everything a fan or coach should love about in a player playing the diamond sports.

Then I ask you again, then why does every home team in all of baseball and softball always bat last? There is a definite psychological advantage. Regardless of what "some coaches actually prefer". Some does not make a majority. If it didn't matter, then again, there would be a coin toss, like in football, to see who has the choice of receiving or kicking off, who would bat first or last? But there is not a coin toss in softball or baseball.

Coach Lotief was the only coach I know that preferred to bat first.
    Doesn't matter why, I don't make the rules. We aren't playing at home. Answer the question that I asked you. What advantage TODAY do the cajuns not have by batting first in each inning instead of last? You said we are at a disadvantage how so? Looks like it is working out for us.

10. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

LA 11
    SA 01

Now up to a 11-1 lead.

Those of ya'll who follow college softball and all the rules, I just noticed for the first time that chalked rectangle in the pitcher's circle. I've never seen it thus far at my kid's tournaments (up to 14U), and haven't noticed it in the few high school games I've seen.

What does that rectangle mean for the college game? What's its purpose?

12. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

Middle of 3rd

LA 11
    SA 01

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She is everything a fan or coach should love about in a player playoff the diamond sports.
    Plays with emotion, energy and like her hair is on fire...eg Pete Rose.

Doesn't matter why, I don't make the rules. We aren't playing at home. Answer the question that I asked you. What advantage TODAY do the cajuns not have by batting first in each inning instead of last? You said we are at a disadvantage how so? Looks like it is working out for us.
    Today there is no advantage or disadvantage to batting last or first. Today, the Cajuns are playing great. But I have answered your question, there is a psychological advantage to batting last. To most, that is everything.

15. Default Re: SBC SB Tournament Championship

Plays with emotion, energy and like her hair is on fire...eg Pete Rose.
    And confidence, especially for a freshwoman.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information