Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball announcer favorites/least favorites

Tickets Softball announcer favorites/least favorites

What are your favorites/least favorite softball announcers and/or signature calls? I’ll start. Can we please do away with “not trying to do too much” & calling it a mound. I cringe every. single. time. I understand the point of the phrase but let’s just explain it as hitting it where it was pitched/barreling it up/not trying to pull it whatever it may be. Adam Amin & Amanda Scarborough were the best duo (Adam works for new network so I get to hear him call the Saints from time to time but miss him on softball). As far as analyst go Francesca Enea, Madison Shipman & Scarborough are my favorites. I also loved to watch them play but I enjoy their pov, they have good voice/presence/tone on air. And I’ll be brief unless someone wants to expand on this one... Mowins + 2x Olympic Gold Medalist Michelle Smith. They’re the mainstays whether we like it or not. I will say that the quality of their calls has dramatically improved from 10 years ago. They flow well & in contrast to the really bad ones, they don’t completely take me out of the game because of how bad the announcers blow. This season I’ve liked the PxP calls by Eric Freede & Kevin Brown.

Default Re: Softball announcer favorites/least favorites

The best play-by-play announcer for college softball was JT Crabtree. He was the voice of the South Alabama Jaguars. He has now moved over to baseball. The new guy is really good, also.

I don’t like Beth Mowins or Dan McDonald. They both are biased against Louisiana and display it in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I don’t like Beth Mowins or Dan McDonald. They both are biased against Louisiana and display it in different ways.
    Betting tip 70% of Beth Mowings called games hit the under

Quote Originally Posted by mun_RaginCajuns View Post
    What are your favorites/least favorite softball announcers and/or signature calls? I’ll start. Can we please do away with “not trying to do too much” & calling it a mound. I cringe every. single. time. I understand the point of the phrase but let’s just explain it as hitting it where it was pitched/barreling it up/not trying to pull it whatever it may be. Adam Amin & Amanda Scarborough were the best duo (Adam works for new network so I get to hear him call the Saints from time to time but miss him on softball). As far as analyst go Francesca Enea, Madison Shipman & Scarborough are my favorites. I also loved to watch them play but I enjoy their pov, they have good voice/presence/tone on air. And I’ll be brief unless someone wants to expand on this one... Mowins + 2x Olympic Gold Medalist Michelle Smith. They’re the mainstays whether we like it or not. I will say that the quality of their calls has dramatically improved from 10 years ago. They flow well & in contrast to the really bad ones, they don’t completely take me out of the game because of how bad the announcers blow. This season I’ve liked the PxP calls by Eric Freede & Kevin Brown.
    Francesca Enea, Gray Robertson, Amanda Scarborough, Jessica Mendoza, Danielle Lawrie, Mark Neely, * Dalton-Hill.

John Ferguson and Joe Dean..
    Wait ...wrong sport...

Least favorite. The 4th grader who called the Coastal game on espn+ the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Francesca Enea, Gray Robertson, Amanda Scarborough, Jessica Mendoza, Danielle Lawrie, Mark Neely, * Dalton-Hill.
    Yeah I agree ya. Sometimes Gray is too much of a Bama homer for my liking, didn’t enjoy his call (with Sydney Littlejohn) of the Cajuns’ series this year. But for only being a student announcer, he does do a really good job. Lots of people don’t like Lawrie because they say she’s dry & is too critical. I love her-she tells it like it is & gives a good breakdown of the game, same with JDH. Ann Schatz is another good one.

Dan McDonald is also boring, doesn’t have any pizzazz. He might as well be explaining physics to me.

9. Default Re: Softball announcer favorites/least favorites

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Least favorite. The 4th grader who called the Coastal game on espn+ the other day.
    ha. couldnt have been worse than their guy or gal who avoided calling their football conf title game forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    ha. couldnt have been worse than their guy or gal who avoided calling their football conf title game forfeit.
    Nice!

According to everyone watching my streams, I’m their favorite! Lol

My favorite call is always "I don't think there's anybody's back there".

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    According to everyone watching my streams, I’m their favorite! Lol
    I nominate Coach Chris for favorite football and baseball analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    My favorite call is always "I don't think there's anybody's back there".
    When the Cajuns are batting and we hear that it sounds so good.

Yeah I agree ya. Sometimes Gray is too much of a Bama homer for my liking, didn’t enjoy his call (with Sydney Littlejohn) of the Cajuns’ series this year. But for only being a student announcer, he does do a really good job. Lots of people don’t like Lawrie because they say she’s dry & is too critical. I love her-she tells it like it is & gives a good breakdown of the game, same with JDH. Ann Schatz is another good one.

Dan McDonald is also boring, doesn’t have any pizzazz. He might as well be explaining physics to me.
    Dan's "Put another dime in the jukebox" call for home runs is really annoying. What does it have to do with a home run?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information