Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC SB Tourney Final: Louisiana 4, Texas State 3

Default Re: SBC SB Tourney Final: Louisiana 4, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    This is a very good point about Alex Powers. She and some other ex-players are very poor. The main reason? They never shut up. It's like they are trying to explain the game to someone who who has never watched one before, or, is talking down to a first grader.

I personally feel no ex-player should do the color for a game which involves the team they played for.
    It takes so much practice to be one of the good ones, it really does. I vividly remember when Kayla Braud first started & she was less than stellar. Now she's one of ESPN's tops. I get that you have to start somewhere but I'm snobby & want the Cajuns to have the best.

When you're good I don't care if you call for your school. I'm biased because I also love Gator SB & Francesca Enea is great on air. Megan Willis (Texas) is another.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Then he should stick to calling the softball game. Last time I listened there was a discussion on Dairy Queen, the junkyard dog, Ted dibiase and whoever else wrassled in mid south. There may have been something else about pancakes mixed in as well. Saying he’s better than others isn't saying much. The softball play by play bar ain’t very high. Call what you see on the field and Please about all that other BS.
    Ehh it's part of the natural evolution of a conversation to have one topic lead to new topics or a story mixed in. And imo good game broadcasts are conversations about the game/relate to the game. I like some random stories & diamond sports can have long periods where there's a break in the action. Yvette Girouard is Louisiana softball royalty & some of her calls have lead to crazy stories you never knew you needed to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Stevie P is broadcast royalty.
    And remember when he started handling the broadcasts for softball, he was a solo act.

Wow, I am in the wrong thread! I saw the title and thought it was about Ragin Cajun Softball winning today and earning a trip to the finals.

My Bad, carry on...

5. Default ESPN 1420 UL Softball Defeats Texas St., Advance Into SBC Championship Game

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are now just one win away from another postseason league championship.

FWIW, Troy up 6-0 on South Alabama end of 4. BUT wheels coming off for Troy. Single, walk, walk, single has it 6-1 with no outs and bases juiced top of the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FWIW, Troy up 6-0 on South Alabama end of 4. BUT wheels coming off for Troy. Single, walk, walk, single has it 6-1 with no outs and bases juiced top of the 5th.
    I hope they go 15 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I hope they go 15 innings.
    Don't know but it's possible. Now 6-4 no outs, ducks on the pond. Changed pitchers after a double and just walked two to load the bases. 6-5 headed to bottom of 5th. Error allowed 5th run, three fly outs ends the threat.

I just want them to eat up there pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I just want them to eat up there pitching.
    Lackie gave up 5 in 3.1, Hardy came in and gave up one hit, abet a dinger. The difference in the game so far.

Baker gave up all 5 for Troy in, pulled with no outs in the 5th. Blasingame stopped the bleeding from there so far.

The host team falls. South Alabama hangs a 5 spot in the top of the 7th to beat Troy 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The host team falls. South Alabama hangs a 5 spot in the top of the 7th to beat Troy 10-6.
    I think that will crush their hopes of an NCAA tournament bid.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think that will crush their hopes of an NCAA tournament bid.
    I think so also. UL and Tx St will get in no matter what. South Al would probably need to win the tournament to get in.

Texas State or South Alabama. All of the pitchers are shot. Texas State's number one pitcher has been suspended for the rest of the weekend. South Alabama's pitchers are gassed. There's nothing left in the tank. Of course, they have to pitch again before they face the Cajuns. It's really tough to come out of the losers bracket and win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Texas State or South Alabama. All of the pitchers are shot. Texas State's number one pitcher has been suspended for the rest of the weekend. South Alabama's pitchers are gassed. There's nothing left in the tank. Of course, they have to pitch again before they face the Cajuns. It's really tough to come out of the losers bracket and win a championship.
    Check your pm

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information