Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC SB Tourney Final: Louisiana 4, Texas State 3

1. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

LA 04
    TS 02

Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Tally got some wheels
    Great clutch hitting by Piskos, but never get thrown out at 3rd for the first out. Maybe Glasco sent her.

3. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

Middle of 7th

LA 04
    TS 02

4. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s hoping we don’t give up the obligatory homer today.
    There it went.

5. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

LA 04
    TS 03

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s hoping we don’t give up the obligatory homer today.

And there it is. Cuts it to 4-3.

Got the win, dodged the bullet.

7. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

Final

LA 04
    TS 03

8. Default Re: SB vs TXST-SBC TOURNEY

Ball Game - another good win. Took what was there. Sometimes that is just how you have to do it.

Summer time.

Pinkos is a really likable player. She’s intense.

10. Default Re: SBC SB Tourney Final: Louisiana 4, Texas State 3

i really like that last strike three call by Steve p. excitement, suspense, etc.

never understood why he gets a bad rap. ive lived in bigger markets with pretty good softball teams and guess what, they arent on the radio for every game.

plus his traditional home run call of “i dont think anybody’s back there” is beyond a classic and should rank up there with some mlb staples.

Default Re: SBC SB Tourney Final: Louisiana 4, Texas State 3

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    i really like that last strike three call by Steve p. excitement, suspense, etc.

never understood why he gets a bad rap. ive lived in bigger markets with pretty good softball teams and guess what, they arent on the radio for every game.

since everyone hates me anyway, his traditional home run call of “i dont think anybody’s back there” is beyond a classic and should rank up there with some mlb staples.
    I like me some Stevie P. He's quirky, but he knows the game well and always has good intel on our players, strengths/weaknesses.

For me, the good outweighs the bad with Stevie P. But goodness, he can go on tangents that are off of other tangents ... LOL

plus his traditional home run call of “i dont think anybody’s back there” is beyond a classic and should rank up there with some mlb staples.
    I didn’t realize this about his rep., that’s unfortunate to find out because I think he does a great job. Cajuns fans are spoiled & don’t realize it with the full softball coverage we get. I love Washington softball but rarely get to see/hear the games that aren’t on ESPN or live streamed by the school because they don’t have a radio broadcast for all home AND away games. I would take his call of games over just about 90% of the tv announcers for softball. In fact I was planning to post a thread about this topic because the SBC announcers for the ESPN+ games have ranged from ‘a lot to be desired’ to ‘down right awful’. I know I should be thankful there’s tv coverage at all but it doesn’t help get more exposure for G5 games when the announcers suck. Alexx Powers, who has been the color analyst for the tourney, while a great player from FSU has been just tolerable. And I’ve missed the “I don’t think there’s anybody back there” call on the few games Stevie wasn’t on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Awful SEC umps screw us again. The ball didn't touch Talley.
    Mike Thibodeaux is not a SEC ump, he is a SBC ump.

I'll give you on my take on why Stevie P. gets a bad rap. I was at the game today. I was standing 5 feet from the announcer's table and listened to what he was saying for a short while. At that time, Cierra was on first base with one out. Stevie spent 45 seconds explaining why, if he were the coach, he would not send Cierra. He gave many reasons why he thought sending her in that situation was a bad idea.

It is not a play-by-play announcers job to tell listeners what he would do in a certain situation if he were the coach. The job of a play-by-play announcer is tell the listener what is happening on the field and that is all.

A final note. After Stevie gave every reason not to send her in that situation, Glasco sent her on the next pitch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information