Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SBC SB Tourney: Louisiana 7, ULM 0

Default Re: SB vs Monroe-Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Jay thats is what Coach told Scott on the pod monday.
    Oh, I know what he told him. He said something similar on the coach's show that night. I'm just not in agreement that the league is trying to set anyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Oh, I know what he told him. He said something similar on the coach's show that night. I'm just not in agreement that the league is trying to set anyone up.
    The league set up the Cajuns in football with the Coastal covid stuff. Why would you think they wouldn't try to better them self as a conference to make themselves look good? I don't think they went after Cajuns softball, but they are trying to get the sunbelt to create a bid thief. 2 or more teams in the ncaa regionals looks better than just the automatic qualifier.

Default Re: SBC SB Tourney: Louisiana 7, ULM 0

Troy, as the host, gets to choose what time they play on the first day. The times are nothing new and have been that way for a long time. As for the conference championship game being only one game, it again is an old rule. It was one game because of TV, and to make sure the championship game was on TV and they had a set time. Now with the game being on ESPN+ and there is no reason not to play a second game if it becomes necessary.

PS, I thought the ball was foul.

Well, they could have done 12:30 I suppose. But, beginning tomorrow they had to play early anyway because the losers have to play again.

At least at 10 am you are the first game and you're going to start at 10. Because of the length of game one, game two (12:30) will start at least 45 minutes late.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theory.
    Agree Jay....also, the early start provides more rest. Weather could delay your start at 10:00, but it pushes the other games back. The female announcer mentioned it as a positive to start early.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Troy, as the host, gets to choose what time they play on the first day. The times are nothing new and have been that way for a long time. As for the conference championship game being only one game, it again is an old rule. It was one game because of TV, and to make sure the championship game was on TV and they had a set time. Now with the game being on ESPN+ and there is no reason not to play a second game if it becomes necessary.

PS, I thought the ball was foul.
    It was close...the first base ump, who had the best view didn't call it foul....just stood there while Piskos rounded first.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It was close...the first base ump, who had the best view didn't call it foul....just stood there while Piskos rounded first.
    I agree, once it passes the first base bag, it is his call. The first time I saw it, I thought it was fair. After they slowed it down, I thought it was foul. Luckily, it didn't hurt anything but Piskos stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I agree, once it passes the first base bag, it is his call. The first time I saw it, I thought it was fair. After they slowed it down, I thought it was foul. Luckily, it didn't hurt anything but Piskos stats.
    Except that it probably would have been an 8-0 run rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Except that it probably would have been an 8-0 run rule.
    Okay, still doesn't change the outcome of the game and has no effect going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    If we continue to win, our first 3 games would all be at 10:00. Glasco said it's because the conference wants us to lose so another team would get the automatic bid. Also the reason why the finals are only one game no matter what. It does suck.
    I'm in that group that sees this as a positive. Win and you're done for the day. Out of the heat, out of a possible rain delay unless the first game is the delay. And if we're delayed, so is everyone else. No midnight game probablities.

Host team 99% of the time plays last so their fans can make it. Have no problem with that, we just need to look at the positive.

It is reviewable. Evidently Coach did not question it.
    We won so be it, but because the first base ump just stood there and did not make fair or foul call, which was his call, I would have wanted a review. And coach was adamant with the home plate umpire.

It is reviewable. Evidently Coach did not question it.
    Does it have to be a coach's challenge for a review, or can close plays be automatically reviewed?

It must be post season. The illegal pitch monster has bit App 4 times in the last two at bats. Pitcher is crow hopping, call is right, but we just don't see it much during regular season. Jags run rule App. 11-0; a walk then a single breaks up the perfect game and no hitter. 9 k’s, 6 fly outs. Lacky was dealing today.

Ring the bell is all that matters! SCREW ULMost!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It must be post season. The illegal pitch monster has bit App 4 times in the last two at bats. Pitcher is crow hopping, call is right, but we just don't see it much during regular season. Jags run rule App. 11-0; a walk then a single breaks up the perfect game and no hitter. 9 k’s, 6 fly outs. Lacky was dealing today.
    Zoom nothing against Lotief but it seems like ever since Glasco has been hired I can't recall one time that we have been called for an illegal pitch. We may have had some called on us but no where near what we would have called on us postseason wise when Lotief was here.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Ring the bell is all that matters! SCREW ULMost!
    Amen!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information