Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

1. Tickets Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Good Monday to you all

Brad Boyd was kind enough to sit down with RR. Brad opens up about the state of UL Basketball, has candid comments about transfers, Bob Marlin, and even some stories from the glory days.

Listen: https://player.captivate.fm/c7ce789b...4-037263bff43b
    RSS: https://feeds.captivate.fm/ragin-review/

Follow us for updates and previews: @RaginReview

Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Brad Boyd - next UL Basketball head coach??

3. Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

After visiting with Brad on and off of the pod, there is no reason why he shouldn’t get a look for the assistant position that’s currently open.

Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    After visiting with Brad on and off of the pod, there is no reason why he shouldn’t get a look for the assistant position that’s currently open.
    I think he really gets it now. He was professional and made a lot of good points on what is missing in the program. But, Marlin will never ever hire Brad Boyd. Marlin does not like him.

He tries hard.....

6. Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

I respect Brad for being upfront with his goals. And no one can tell him that he hasn’t built his resume’ anymore.

I’d give him a shot for this reason alone: Cajun Basketball has lost the connection with Acadiana. Brad would fix that. Also with his connections to the local youth basketball scene, maybe we keep guys like Greg Williams from going to St John’s in the first place.

And oh btw, can’t get much worse around here. You have universities handing the keys over to the MBB program to former players more and more by the day. If Marlin was smart and understood the value of relationships, he’d at least sit down and talk with Brad.

Name a downside to that...

Our program would benefit having a BB on staff. However, I'd have no faith in Marlin to make that move.

I respect Brad for being upfront with his goals. And no one can tell him that he hasn’t built his resume’ anymore.

I’d give him a shot for this reason alone: Cajun Basketball has lost the connection with Acadiana. Brad would fix that. Also with his connections to the local youth basketball scene, maybe we keep guys like Greg Williams from going to St John’s in the first place.

And oh btw, can’t get much worse around here. You have universities handing the keys over to the MBB program to former players more and more by the day. If Marlin was smart and understood the value of relationships, he’d at least sit down and talk with Brad.

Name a downside to that...
    And many schools want to hire within their program. UNC could have gone out and gotten a number of the top guys in the country to coach but they stayed inside the program with a guy who didn't have head coaching experience at one of the top programs in the country. It's because they see a value in hiring one of their own. We don't have anybody of our own outside of BB and maybe Eric Mouton who are in coaching.

9. Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And many schools want to hire within their program. UNC could have gone out and gotten a number of the top guys in the country to coach but they stayed inside the program with a guy who didn't have head coaching experience at one of the top programs in the country. It's because they see a value in hiring one of their own. We don't have anybody of our own outside of BB and maybe Eric Mouton who are in coaching.
    Great point.

Brad deserves an interview (at least) based on that alone..

Great point.

Brad deserves an interview (at least) based on that alone..
    You know the reasons he is not gonna get an interview. One is Bob and the other is ____ing stupid.....

11. Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And many schools want to hire within their program. ... We don't have anybody of our own outside of BB and maybe Eric Mouton who are in coaching.
    David Patrick

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...lete-1997-2000

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    I actually thought about David when I saw that article posted a week or so ago about him being hired as an assistant at Oklahoma.

13. Default Re: Ragin Review Podcast: S3:BONUS - Brad Boyd talks Marlin, Transfer Portal, Cajuns Basketball

Loved hearing Brad Boyd.

He could definitely bring some Yang to Marlin's Yen.

I LOVED his idea of schedule the best.

Brad Boyd did an excellent interview! He said it several times that he is relatable and I believe he would bring fans back to the Cajundome. He has relationships and vision for winning.

I like Brad. Always have. But, in addition to him having no college coaching experience (which I believe immediately disqualifies him) he didn't help his cause by both he and his wife publicly bashing Marlin on social media a few years ago.

Also, I would expect Coach Marlin to extend the offer to a minority candidate, since he lost a minority coach.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information