Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mike Roberts

Default Re: SOFTBALL vs GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Perhaps, but when you first mentioned he was no longer coaching pitching you hedged your explanation as if it were gossip.

Perhaps you simply didn't know the facts early on. If you did know the facts early on, you certainly skirted the issue.
    I knew the facts right away. Once it became public I expanded on the facts.

2. Default Re: Mike Roberts

Hopefully Coach Glasco finds an amazing replacement for next season. Lamb will most likely be the starter next year, I expect Foreman will be much improved, who else are we thinking will be that second or third starter? Snow?

Default Re: Mike Roberts

Hopefully, Lamb stays and does not follow Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Hopefully Coach Glasco finds an amazing replacement for next season. Lamb will most likely be the starter next year, I expect Foreman will be much improved, who else are we thinking will be that second or third starter? Snow?
    If I had to go out on a limb I would say the transfer from Kentucky Meghan Schorman will be the ace, #2 Sam Landry-incoming freshman and #3 Lamb might be a spot starter or closer type. Foreman will be a 3 to 6 out lefty. Of course a lot can change between now and and the start of 2022. We could also pick up another power pitcher via transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Hopefully, Lamb stays and does not follow Roberts.
    I have heard rumblings of that. But first Roberts need to find a job. I believe Lamb will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I have heard rumblings of that. But first Roberts need to find a job. I believe Lamb will stay.
    Roberts will find a job and I think it closer to 70% that she leaves.

What makes you think she will leave? Who would you like to see as the next pitching coach?

Right now he is working for LSU...Louisiana State Unemployment, lol.

9. Default Re: Mike Roberts

Right now he is working for LSU...Louisiana State Unemployment, lol.
    Could not have picked a better time to be unemployed.

What makes you think she will leave? Who would you like to see as the next pitching coach?
    I am pretty sure she was recruited by him and they are from the same part of the world. I have no information otherwise.

As far as a pitching coach, I have no clue. I do not follow the softball world outside of the Cajuns very much.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Could not have picked a better time to be unemployed.
    Yep agree vic, hand out galore right now. Business struggling to find any workers. It used to be hard to find quality, now it is hard just to find someone.

Just a couple of thoughts. I have not heard anything about Kandra considering following Roberts. I don't think that happens.

And, make no mistake about it. Kandra will be the ace pitcher next year. Thinking she will be number three is just wrong.

Sam Landry is an excellent high school pitcher. I'm hoping it translates to the next level. This year, the Cajuns have two pitchers who were pitching in high school last year and were very successful. So far, at UL, they are not where they need to be.

In 2019, the Kentucky transfer, Meghan Schorman, was 5-2 with a 4.47 ERA. She pitched 52 innings, gave up 46 hits and 26 earned runs. She walked 33 and struck out 46.

Last year, in the shortened season, she got much better going 7-1 with a 1.30 ERA. She did give up six earned runs over two innings against Texas A& M.

Next year will be Lamb's fourth year with the Cajuns. I don't think she's worked as hard as she has to give up the number one spot.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Just a couple of thoughts. I have not heard anything about Kandra considering following Roberts. I don't think that happens.

And, make no mistake about it. Kandra will be the ace pitcher next year. Thinking she will be number three is just wrong.

Sam Landry is an excellent high school pitcher. I'm hoping it translates to the next level. This year, the Cajuns have two pitchers who were pitching in high school last year and were very successful. So far, at UL, they are not where they need to be.

In 2019, the Kentucky transfer, Meghan Schorman, was 5-2 with a 4.47 ERA. She pitched 52 innings, gave up 46 hits and 26 earned runs. She walked 33 and struck out 46.

Last year, in the shortened season, she got much better going 7-1 with a 1.30 ERA. She did give up six earned runs over two innings against Texas A& M.

Next year will be Lamb's fourth year with the Cajuns. I don't think she's worked as hard as she has to give up the number one spot.

JMO.
    I agree that Lamb will stay or at least I hope she will. Landry is the real deal(it still has to translate I agree) but Coach has said he expects her to be that ace of the staff next season. That was said before Schorman was even coming here. Schorman is a beast also and was Kentucky ace as a sophomore. She is in the 69 to 71 range consistently. I don't think Lamb will just give up her spot either. I think Snow and Rodgers have a ways to go. One of the interesting pitchers coming in is Tyler Oubre from Destrehan. She didn't get to complete her senior year due to getting hit by a line drive which broke her non throwing arm. I also think we need to hire a good pitching coach to develop all current pitchers and incoming pitchers. Keep in mind also with a good coach Karly Heath has potential.

14. Default Re: Mike Roberts

JMO.
    Now this is the kind of post that will help keep the young lady a Cajun.

JMO.
    Who would you like to see as the next pitching coach?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information