Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Devin Butts

Default Re: Devin Butts

Was he playing by himself/rec type situation or are some college teams still playing/practicing in may?

17.3.2.1 Men's Basketball. An institution shall not commence on-court preseason basketball practice sessions prior to 5 p.m. on the Friday nearest October 15 (see Figure 17-2).

And remember that USC kid was practicing before he was even enrolled

4. Default Re: Devin Butts

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    How is the new gig going? Wishing you nothing but the best.
    It's great, keeping me super busy. Thanks,.

You can practice 4 hours per week in the summer as a complete team. The Cajuns practice Monday through Thursday for an hour each day during the summer semester. Now, you can have individual workouts with team coaches almost at will. Pre season practice as a complete team now begins on the last Monday in September. You can then have 30 practices in a 40 day period. The October 15 date quoted previously is no longer valid. I am pretty sure Butts passed away in a team setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can practice 4 hours per week in the summer as a complete team. The Cajuns practice Monday through Thursday for an hour each day during the summer semester. Now, you can have individual workouts with team coaches almost at will. Pre season practice as a complete team now begins on the last Monday in September. You can then have 30 practices in a 40 day period. The October 15 date quoted previously is no longer valid. I am pretty sure Butts passed away in a team setting.
    I was unaware of this until a few weeks before the season started when I was looking up some former players just to see where they were these days. From what I read it seemed to be in some type of team setting. Whatever the case may be just a sad situation. I will always remember that game at Texas St. that he won with a last second steal under the basket and went up high off the glass for the game winner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information