Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ESPN preseason rankings!

Default Re: ESPN preseason rankings!

Quote Originally Posted by NGV View Post
    I wonder if Neil is glad that the Tigers are ranked since he went to school there
    Can we please keep the doxing junk to one board?

Two SBC teams in the Top 25. Could not have imagined that a few years ago.

And oh yeah LSU fans are livid. I was having a margarita at a restaurant bar last night in Florida and two couples sitting next to me mentioned they were from Baton Rouge. Said I was a Ragin Cajun fan and you would have thought I just spit in the guys drink. He gets real ugly and I just said well who was ranked last year and who wasn't? The guy lost his mind!! Closest I've been to ending up in a fight since I was in college and that was a long time ago.

Yes. A lot of funny stuff on tiger droppings. Love the way they rehash the name law. LSU won the name battle but lost the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

And oh yeah LSU fans are livid. I was having a margarita at a restaurant bar last night in Florida and two couples sitting next to me mentioned they were from Baton Rouge. Said I was a Ragin Cajun fan and you would have thought I just spit in the guys drink. He gets real ugly and I just said well who was ranked last year and who wasn't? The guy lost his mind!! Closest I've been to ending up in a fight since I was in college and that was a long time ago.
    Sounds like that dude is a loser to get so worked up over who another person is a fan of. His wife/girlfriend might want to rethink the relationship.

That's great! It shows how arrogant and insecure those people are. Makes you realize how petty and childish they are, and how it's great to be us.

I can totally believe that. I think most of us have met those types of Baton Rouge fans.

It’s just satisfying to be able trigger them so easily. Not just the name thing but “remember when UL was ranked and you weren’t?”

Even money he never went to class there as a regular student.

Still at 8 pages of not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Even money he never went to class there as a regular student.

Still at 8 pages of not caring.
    And was wearing a purple and gold Walmart t shirt.

It’s always amazed me how their fans will go so far out of their way to somehow discredit or devalue any UL achievement. Especially last year in football. “They are only ranked because of COVID.” “2020 didn’t count anyway.” “Iowa State wasn’t any good.”

No matter what we do, we’ll always be little ole Lafayette, ULALA, USL. Any success is a fluke or luck. We need to know our place.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It’s always amazed me how their fans will go so far out of their way to somehow discredit or devalue any UL achievement. Especially last year in football. “They are only ranked because of COVID.” “2020 didn’t count anyway.” “Iowa State wasn’t any good.”

No matter what we do, we’ll always be little ole Lafayette, ULALA, USL. Any success is a fluke or luck. We need to know our place.
    What a miserable life that must be, always worrying about our name and successes and being arrogant people. No wonder BR has turned so liberal.

“2020 didn’t count anyway.”
    That ____ only started after Mike Leach's offense, which was figured out eventually by D-coordinators, gave up 600+ passing yards to a lower-tier SEC QB. Hell, a QB that would be middle of the road in the Sunbelt, if we're being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That ____ only started after Mike Leach's offense, which was figured out eventually by D-coordinators, gave up 600+ passing yards to a lower-tier SEC QB. Hell, a QB that would be middle of the road in the Sunbelt, if we're being honest.
    Max Reede:
    My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.

Fletcher:
    That's just something ugly people say.

"They are only ranked because of COVID"
    -We are ranked because we had a 10-1 record with a road win against the Big 12 Runner-Up/Fiesta Bowl Champions

-Translation: "We weren't good, so we will downplay the season."

“Iowa State wasn’t any good.”
    -Translation: "ULLLL beat them so, by default, we would've spanked them because we are LSU!!!"
    -The true reality is that Iowa State's offense might've set passing records on that putrid LSU defense.

Coming off that embarrassing Auburn loss last year, some rational LSU fans straight up told me that we would beat them. The ones who are yapping the most are Wal Mart fans who assume that LSU should win games just by showing up to the stadium. They're irrational to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    "They are only ranked because of COVID"
    -We are ranked because we had a 10-1 record with a road win against the Big 12 Runner-Up/Fiesta Bowl Champions

-Translation: "We weren't good, so we will downplay the season."

“Iowa State wasn’t any good.”
    -Translation: "ULLLL beat them so, by default, we would've spanked them because we are LSU!!!"
    -The true reality is that Iowa State's offense might've set passing records on that putrid LSU defense.

Coming off that embarrassing Auburn loss last year, some rational LSU fans straight up told me that we would beat them. The ones who are yapping the most are Wal Mart fans who assume that LSU should win games just by showing up to the stadium. They're irrational to begin with.
    Borrowed the middle lines from you and pasted to in the tiger drippings. Hope you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The ones who are yapping the most are Wal Mart fans who assume that LSU should win games just by showing up to the stadium. They're irrational to begin with.
    I’m a Cajun fan. I know that there are several people that are not Cajun fans. You know what? I’m pretty comfortable with that. 320 million + people in the U.S. I can handle that they won’t all be fans of the university I went to.

This is not the same mentality of some A and M fans I’ve met. You tell some of them that you don’t like their school or are simply fans of another school in the state and they react like you just spit in their beer. Then you tell them you are a Cajun fan and they bully you with the wit and logic of an 8th grader with a D average.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information