Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A useful device

Default A useful device

A little info that might help: I bought this device from Amazon. It's an ID and rejection devise. It has 5000 marketing and other unwanted numbers program in it, plus you can reject another 1500 numbers. I have had it for two days now and received no unwanted calls where I would get 15-20 a day. worth every penny. Also it recognize the number and the phone won't ring.

Default Re: A useful device

What's that device next to it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    My phone I assume.

LOL

ragin50 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

LOL! It has some sort of cord on it.

Not many folks would need that device because most folks don't have a house phone anymore. If you call me and your number isn't programmed in my cell phone then I just don't answer it. If you want me to return your call and your number isn't in my phone you best leave me a text or voice message. I am sure this is how 90 percent of folks operate these days.

I think it's called a land line.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not many folks would need that device because most folks don't have a house phone anymore. If you call me and your number isn't programmed in my cell phone then I just don't answer it. If you want me to return your call and your number isn't in my phone you best leave me a text or voice message. I am sure this is how 90 percent of folks operate these days.
    Well I don't get folks asking donations, or to buy this, not even a ring. Your phone rings and you don't answer it? From your post. (If you call me and your number isn't programmed in my cell phone then I just don't answer it). I guest to each his own. And by the way, I am assuming that most drop their land line to save money. I'm not that destitue yet.

9. Default Re: A useful device

very cool Frenchie

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That's good policy JMV, however us oldern dirt peeps have lot's of doctors calling us and I think they git their jollies messing with us 'cause they have four or five numbers for their office other than the one they talk to us/you on. Sooo when we get this call we have no way to know whether its the doc or not. So we can't just get an app that blows a train horn in their ears or something like that we mostly just have to go ahead and take a chance on getting Lucy at the car warranty place...or missing our appointment then getting rescheduled for May of 2096 or something like that.... Gettin old ain't for pu**ys ....knowadimsayin..

Rainman66 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Well I don't get folks asking donations, or to buy this, not even a ring. Your phone rings and you don't answer it? From your post. (If you call me and your number isn't programmed in my cell phone then I just don't answer it). I guest to each his own. And by the way, I am assuming that most drop their land line to save money. I'm not that destitue yet.
    It is not to save money, I only have one phone and it is a cell phone there was nothing to drop. I would be truly shocked if the percentage of people under the age of 35 that have landlines is greater than 15%. Maybe because it is bundled with their cable service, but that age group also doesn't have a high utilization of cable services, so doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is not to save money, I only have one phone and it is a cell phone there was nothing to drop. I would be truly shocked if the percentage of people under the age of 35 that have landlines is greater than 15%. Maybe because it is bundled with their cable service, but that age group also doesn't have a high utilization of cable services, so doubtful.
    Under 35 with a land line is probably <5%.There is just no use for it anymore. It's almost as useful as the beeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Under 35 with a land line is probably <5%.There is just no use for it anymore. It's almost as useful as the beeper.
    I can't remember the last time that I have seen a land line at any of my friends or family's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I only answer if your number is already in my phone. Most places including doctors office send text messages. If you leave a voice message I will listen to it and will call you back if I want. Most scammers will not leave a voice message. A land line was included in my cable package for no extra cost and I turned it down. Just don't have a need for it.

I actually would have more use for a beeper
    than a land line

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information