Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A useful device

1. Default Re: A useful device

I would still have a land line if they hadn't begun phasing out end-to-end copper connections.

Default Re: A useful device

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I only answer if your number is already in my phone. Most places including doctors office send text messages. If you leave a voice message I will listen to it and will call you back if I want. Most scammers will not leave a voice message. A land line was included in my cable package for no extra cost and I turned it down. Just don't have a need for it.
    The point is I don't get all those call now. And if they do call, which is sometimes 9PM the phone don't ring. With 5000 ellicit numbers program in the unite plus another 1500 I can block, it's well worth the price. Two days not one call trying to sell me the Golden Gate Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The point is I don't get all those call now. And if they do call, which is sometimes 9PM the phone don't ring. With 5000 ellicit numbers program in the unite plus another 1500 I can block, it's well worth the price. Two days not one call trying to sell me the Golden Gate Bridge.
    Glad you found a solution for your problem. I think most all of us who are making snarky remarks, have not had land lines in quite a few years. The scam calls are much less of an issue with cell phones. Folks are just having a little fun with you for still having a land line. All good Frenchie. Happy Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I only answer if your number is already in my phone. Most places including doctors office send text messages. If you leave a voice message I will listen to it and will call you back if I want. Most scammers will not leave a voice message. A land line was included in my cable package for no extra cost and I turned it down. Just don't have a need for it.
    If the caller doesn't leave a VM, automatic block. Very effective.

This thread is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would still have a land line if they hadn't begun phasing out end-to-end copper connections.
    I have a VOIP handset for business, but it's so redundant for a lone ranger like me. I can forward to cell and not miss anything.

VOIP for the win. Try getting an ATA and route your calls over the internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information