Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Default Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I'm not saying we should have made it, didn't think we would. The idea of predeterming sites weeks before the selections are made, and only allowing 50% at all sites, particularly in states that allow 100% attendance, is what is wrong.
    I agree somewhat with the attendance, but they had to do the predetermine deal to get everything lined up with protocols, cleanup methods, hotels, travel, etc.

id be fine with them picking sites ahead of time based just on the sites, dont an overwhelming majority of other ncaa sports do that? by not picking them in advance they were allowed a loophole to let south carolina and Mississippi host when both states were banned by ncaa from hosting

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    id be fine with them picking sites ahead of time based just on the sites, dont an overwhelming majority of other ncaa sports do that? by not picking them in advance they were allowed a loophole to let south carolina and Mississippi host when both states were banned by ncaa from hosting
    Why were they banned?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I agree somewhat with the attendance, but they had to do the predetermine deal to get everything lined up with protocols, cleanup methods, hotels, travel, etc.
    does the protocol piece mean they wont announce them early in the future?

Why were they banned?
    not saying i agree or disagree with the ban, just disagree with ncaa not following its own rules: (i bet if a predominant pac 12 or big 12 state had been banned they wouldnt have found a loophole for them) but anyhoo the ban was for something to do with state govt and the rebel flag

O'neil has swung a bat this week. They will know next week if she will return or not. If so it will be interesting to see what her role will be. She is now listed day to day. Dalton will not play this weekend.

I’ve been completely out of the loop and didn’t even realize that they picked predetermined sites. We certainly didn’t do enough to host, but this may make for an interesting post season. I think it’s a almost a forgone conclusion that we’ll end up in refineryville if they get a spot. I just hope we’re catching fire at tournament time to give ourselves a shot. Maybe get some players back also.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I’ve been completely out of the loop and didn’t even realize that they picked predetermined sites. We certainly didn’t do enough to host, but this may make for an interesting post season. I think it’s a almost a forgone conclusion that we’ll end up in refineryville if they get a spot. I just hope we’re catching fire at tournament time to give ourselves a shot. Maybe get some players back also.
    They will cut the list from 20 to 16 teams tomorrow and LSU will be one of the 16 host sites. We need to get hot regardless where we are sent. We have 4 players out. Izard and Roman are done for the year. O'Neil swung a bat in practice this week and she is listed as day to day. A decision on if she will play this year or not will be made this coming week before the ULM series. Personally I would like to see her take the medical redshirt, but we could still use her this season in some role. Dalton hasn't been released to swing a bat. She is a tough kid and if she isn't released I could see her playing even if she pinch runs. As a senior this is it for her. Hope this gets you up to speed.

Math has not changed... 22 > 16. All 16 are P5 and we failed to take care of business when we had a chance...like we did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Math has not changed... 22 > 16. All 16 are P5 and we failed to take care of business when we had a chance...like we did last year.
    Last season was called off due to covid and at the time we had the #1 rpi. We were taking care of business if you ask me.

Last season was called off due to covid and at the time we had the #1 rpi. We were taking care of business if you ask me.
    Think zoom means we did take off biz last year, but not this year. ��

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Think zoom means we did take off biz last year, but not this year.
    That would be correct. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That would be correct. Thanks.
    Sounds good. I just read it that way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information